PlayStation 4 Patch: Introducing Couch-Coop!
Vikings!
The PlayStation4 Patch 1.04 is available for download (it might have been moved to your download-list, without further notification. If not simply click on "options" and "check for update" on your Vikings app.)!
So please find the changelog already below, including some features, you are waiting for:

Couch Coop
Console: 2 players can play at the same time on the same console!

Game+, Replayability and Grinding improvements
  • Game+ mechanics significantly revisited
    - Players don’t lose items with each Game+
    - Each Game+ offers higher challenge to the players
  • Player can play hunt maps after completing the game
  • Bosses added to Hunt Maps
  • Difficulty changed and rebalanced
  • Added more randomization effects for loot drop

Improved Trials
  • Rebalanced
  • Boss enemies to each Trial

Several new features requested by players
  • Talismans became charged items and are part of the random loot
  • New effects for Legendary items
  • Stash added to the village. It is shared between characters
  • Player can share items with companion during multiplayer game
  • Improvements of several boss fights, mainly the final boss fights

Several other improvements for stability, GUI and performance based on the feedbacks from the players

Multiple localization issues, especially Spanish

Improvements for sounds and voice overs
[edited by Unerde, for better reading and overview.]

Downloaded patch on PS4 6/19/17- now the save function no longer works on the game.  Save icon spins and the game freezes on load screen.  You can play a new map you go to but the save icon is always spinning and cannot return to town, nor can I exit game from town.   Any help for resolving this.
Hello Tje1983.
Could you share some more details o that?
Have you continued from a savegame? Have you started a new game?
Have you actually fully downloaded the latest version 1.04? (To check, simply head to the PlayStation dashboard - go to the Vikings - app icon, click "options" and select "information". Check if you are running version 1.04. If not, please select "update game" to actually start downloadig the latest patch.

cheers

Unerde
Very cool news. Thank you for the new patch. I'm very excited to check out all the new features.
Is it normal that my character is no longer gaining experience points? What I mean is, the enemies no longer drop blood. I can only gain exp when double, triple, multikill or rampaging enemies. This was a character I had before this patch, who is on level 116. I was thinking maybe it was a restraint since my guy is too strong? Something intentional to make the game harder? But at this rate I'll be lucky to go up a level in one playthrough, (i'm kimd of exaggerating lol) especially since the amount of points for leveling up has increased. I'm also on insane difficulty with Valhala mode active.

I started a new character just to see, and that one gains blood. Why not my older one?
Could you guys add an option to add 1 more online player to the 2 locals, for a total of 3- (2 local + 1 online)... that would be SO COOL! Thanks!
(20-06-2017, 09:45 AM)Unerde Wrote: Hello Tje1983.
Have you actually fully downloaded the latest version 1.04? (To check, simply head to the PlayStation dashboard - go to the Vikings - app icon, click "options" and select "information". Check if you are running version 1.04. If not, please select "update game" to actually start downloadig the latest patch.

cheers

Unerde

Definitely does not work. I registered just to post. Game is now broken and unplayable. 1.04 was kinda garbage. I was expecting another update today after i got off work. I thought "surely they know it doesn't function" I was expecting an immediate 1.05 to fix the brokenness of 1.04. Can't play anymore just as Tje1983 said. Multiplayer broke. Single play broke. Why would i start ANOTHER character? I want to play the two i already have! I could not find a single video or post on the Internet all day since your patch yesterday about this ridiculous situation outside of this one single thread. I am not that mad you changed all my buffs on my equipment. I'm not that mad you took away my weapon for some reason. I AM MAD that I can't just play my solo character or my coop character with my buddy anymore. Something doesn't function on your patch that someone should have caught. Yes mine is updated to 1.04. Yes my Playstation 4 is fully updated. No your patch does not work. Any questions?
Hello everybody.
Thank you for updating us on the problems you have mentioned and please be aware we are currently have a look into this.
Nevertheless when it comes to no blood gain, or you cannot properly play with a character online, this might be as your character has a really high level.
As please be aware that we have made a lot of changes and reworked the Game+. So this might be the reason, some players might have difficulties playing their high level character properly.
So you will still get blood, but at certain levels the amount of blood needed in order to see changes or even level up is really huge.

Best would be to get in touch with our technical support
support@kalypsomedia.com
And providing them all details about your problem and for sure associated characters. So screenshots, details about level and probably gear that is not working properly would be recommended to easily forward this to our devs, that they can have a look into this.

cheers

Unerde
@ Tje1983 and YippleDipple

Do you guys use the storage box?

Workaround:
Don't use it or remove all items.
That helped me go on playing the game.
(20-06-2017, 09:45 AM)Unerde  I continued from a save game. I have not attempted to start a new game.  Yes I am running version 1.04- the problem with the game occurred after this patch was installed.  No problem before patch update. Wrote: Hello Tje1983.

cheers

Unerde
(21-06-2017, 10:19 AM)one8seven Wrote: @ Tje1983 and YippleDipple

Do you guys use the storage box?

Workaround:
Don't use it or remove all items.
That helped me go on playing the game.

So... Don't use the storage? Yes remove all my items? Or don't remove my items?
(21-06-2017, 09:08 AM)Unerde Wrote: Nevertheless when it comes to no blood gain, or you cannot properly play with a character online, this might be as your character has a really high level.
As please be aware that we have made a lot of changes and reworked the Game+. So this might be the reason, some players might have difficulties playing their high level character properly.
So you will still get blood, but at certain levels the amount of blood needed in order to see changes or even level up is really huge.

Unerde

If it's intentional then what exactly is the level gap for blood to stop showing up? I mean as far as I can tell the enemies are always on the same level no matter what difficulty you're on; they just have better stats. (i assume) If it isn't a level gap that decides when you stop receiving blood, then what does?

I'm wondering if it's possible at all to have a detailed list of what exactly was changed for new game plus and difficulty changes? Some of it is obvious, but not all.

Not ragging on the changes or anything, if anything I welcome the challenges but I want to make sure I understand the changes.
Where would I go to make game suggestions like the added player option I suggested earlier?
Looks like I don't know my numbers, nevermind this post lol.
(21-06-2017, 09:42 PM)YippleDipple Wrote: So... Don't use the storage? Yes remove all my items? Or don't remove my items?

Remove all items out of the Storage.
Does this work?
(20-06-2017, 03:54 AM)Tje1983 Wrote: [edited by Unerde, for better reading and overview.]

Downloaded patch on PS4 6/19/17- now the save function no longer works on the game.  Save icon spins and the game freezes on load screen.  You can play a new map you go to but the save icon is always spinning and cannot return to town, nor can I exit game from town.   Any help for resolving this.

I created an account to add to this as well. Just by dumb luck I noticed not to use the stash and I didn't have an issue with saving. Also, it seems the enemies level with you. Before you could be a couple levels ahead. Now they are always the same level or above. What the hell?
Hi everybody.
Please be aware that within the next hour we will get the PLayStation4 patch 1.05 live, that fixes problems with the stash. So please keep an eye up on this version!

cheers

Unerde
(22-06-2017, 12:04 PM)one8seven Wrote: Remove all items out of the Storage.
Does this work?

Not using storage works. It is glitched with 1.04. On another note the game removed many pieces of equipment from all my characters after 1.04 installed. It also took my Valhalla character on insane mode and removed the Valhalla status from him. 20+ hours of work for nothing. I was going for platinum trophy. Devs... I do hope 1.05 will address issues that you have seen here & others that we haven't seen.
I noticed something strange about couch co-op, and I'm wondering if this an intentional feature, or if I'm just doing something wrong.

A buddy and I started a couch co-op campaign the other night; he's player one, and I'm player two. We both created new characters, since there seem to be lots of issues with running pre-existing characters. He launched the game, while signed into his PSN profile, then I joined in while signed into my PSN profile. I created a new character and we played successfully together, but afterwards when I tried to upload my save to the cloud (so I could play my character back on my own machine), I realized that my new character wasn't attached to my PSN profile, instead it's attached to my buddy's (player 1) profile.

I also don't see any way to import one of my characters to play alongside his character. We only seem to be able to play characters attached to the profile of Player 1 (whichever that happens to be at the time). If I launch the game under my profile, we only have access to my personal characters, and if he launches the game under his profile, we can only play as the characters attached to his profile.

Shouldn't I be able to choose a character from my profile, and him choose a character from his profile, and have them team up together? That's how they do it in Diablo 3.

But hey, maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Can anyone enlighten me?
Where are the full patch notes for today's patch? It can't just be for the stash with 5 gigs
Woohoo, blood is back! Man thanks for that.
Hey everyone does the armor continue get more interesting looking? I like hunting to for cool looking pieces...
(22-06-2017, 04:53 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hi everybody.
Please be aware that within the next hour we will get the PLayStation4 patch 1.05 live, that fixes problems with the stash. So please keep an eye up on this version!

cheers

Unerde

1.05 did fix the box bug. My buddy and I used it every time in 1.04. That is why we thought the whole game became broke. Thank you for hearing the players. Look forward to (DLC?) and future titles as long as you listen to your community. Also.... I agree that 5 Gig is a bit large to fix a storage chest, yeah?
Well although Unerde did not mention it, I think it fixed the blood not appearing for high level characters. My issue was fixed after this latest patch.
Can anyone who played the game quite a bit answer my question about the armors?
(23-06-2017, 07:40 PM)Seanshineyouth Wrote: Can anyone who played the game quite a bit answer my question about the armors?

I've played through the main campaign to the end, as well as completing the Trials of Gods, but I haven't explored NewGame+ yet. From what I've seen, most of the armor you find falls into major categories of material types (or enemy types); i.e. Leather, Chain, Crystalline, Dvergr, Jotun, etc. And each of these are progressively unlocked at the blacksmith so you can forge them, as well as dropping as random loot as you get higher in level and progress to more regions.

On top of those basic armors (of which there are several), there are also special Legendary pieces (armor & weapons), which have unique names and appearances. There aren't a huge number of them at present, but when you find them they are pretty darn cool, and some of them have very cool appearances. And while there aren't any Legendary armor sets like you would find in a game like Diablo (just single pieces), you can find individual components (handle, blade, etc.) which can later be combined to form unique, legendary weapons; although at present only about a half-dozen of these seem to be in the game.

I would hazard a guess that by the time you complete the main campaign, if you've been thorough, you've probably seen every major armor type as well as all the legendary pieces the game has to offer. But, I could be wrong, as I haven't explored NewGame+ yet, so I'm not sure what it might hold.
Ah thanks for the reply. That's.... pretty disappointing. Lol. This is a good game, but A game like this, it really deserves to have a loot hunt that boosts replay... visuals are a big part of that. I know about Diablo but really how much of that can you do before u want something different... guess I was hoping for something equally as good in the loot department... here's to hoping for an awesome loot update...

And a 3rd player option..
This seems to be the only place people talk on this forum apparently lol.

I'd love to see more end game loot hunt... it needs a loot infusion with a bunch of cool looking armors and weapons.

I'd also love to see a new pet based class-- wolf trainer, boat rider whatever. T would be awesome

A 3rd simultaneous online player...

These things would make this game even better than Diablo 3 IMO...
anyone?

How are the devs about updates? Are there any plans for DLC or more updates?
(24-06-2017, 07:52 PM)Seanshineyouth Wrote: How are the devs about updates?  Are there any plans for DLC or more updates?

It depends on the platform, really. It took over two months for the PS4 version to see its first post-launch patch (US launch on March 28th - first PS4 patch on June 1st); not counting the day-one patch that introduced 'Trials of Gods' mode.  During this time, the PC version of the game saw numerous patches though, and the Dev team seemed quite responsive to problems with the title. But Xbox One platform still hasn't seen any post-launch patches to the best of my knowledge.

On June 22nd, Kalypso Media put out a press release stating, among other things, "Kalypso Media and Games Farm are also pleased to confirm ongoing support for Vikings – Wolves of Midgard as they continue to work to add further minor enhancements requested by players." So it seems that they're committed to ongoing support for the title, at least in the form of "minor enhancements."

Kalypso Media Press Release

Personally, I love this game, and I think it's a very refreshing take on the genre. So I would love to see more loot, maps, player classes, etc. I would be more than happy to buy ongoing DLC/expansion packs for this game. But at present, I'm not aware of any official announcements about plans for DLC.
^Right, and whatever changes or additional content is planned we'll probably see it here as soon as it happens.