Port Royale 3 GOLD Edition PS3 is not GOLD
I bought the gold edition of PR3 on sale from the PS store (US) about a month ago but when I try to download it they give me the standard version with no DLC, etc. Anyone else have this problem? I talked to Sony, and they sent me here. I emailed support (hope they're better than steam support...) to see if i could get this problem solved, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.  It acts as if they simply linked the wrong (standard edition) file to the gold page. anyway, if anyone else has had this prob could you let me know, especially if you know how to fix it. Thanks
@shathe.help

Just check you have activated the DLC - with the PC version you need to switch it on - it comes switched off. It's in the main game menu, under "Downloadable Content; when game loads you need to change setting to ON. One time only.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Otherwise just make sure you send Proof of Purchase to Support.
(20-07-2017, 08:57 AM)billyplod Wrote: @shathe.help

Just check you have activated the DLC - with the PC version you need to switch it on - it comes switched off. It's in the main game menu, under "Downloadable Content;  when game loads you need to change setting to ON. One time only.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Otherwise just make sure you send Proof of Purchase to Support.

the downloadable content screen just has two empty dropdown lists (with a ' - ' in each of them) and a giant X to the right of that (no idea what that is for). there is nothing selectable, and hitting triangle to bring up the playstation store gives you the option to buy, i.e., pay for the already-paid-for, DLC content. essentially, there is nothing to activate.
@shathe.help

Sounds like you are right, just make sure you include your Proof of Purchase in the mail to support, but I'd go back to the retailer and ask why was their download incorrect.
would the transaction number from the ps store be sufficient for that purpose?
Never been in this type of situation but I've found that the more evidence you can produce then better your chance of getting things sorted.

I would PM (Private Message) UNERDE (http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/member.php...uid=117736) and send him what you have and ask his advice.
When I started up PR3 on the Xbox360 last month I found that the DLC had somehow 'de-activated' itself. Basically the game was acting like a standard no-dlc PR3 and refusing to even recognise the DLC.

'Fix' was to run the game while connected to Xbox Live whereupon I was informed that the game had an 'update'. After d/ling this update the game then recognised the DLC and everything was back to normal. I have no idea what that was all about (some behind-the-scenes console sorcery I suppose) but there you go.

I don't know what you guys on the PS3 do to check for updates / patches but give it a quick go just in case.
thanks for the reply tim. was the update a system update or a game update? usually game patches are automatic when you start the game. it prompts you to DL the patch. i think there is also a 'check for updates' option in there though. i'll check it out. fingers crossed.
@shathe.help

I believe you need to sign into the Playstation Network before you get any game updates - System Updates are always flagged up.
if i'm on, i'm generally signed into psn. just checked and it says the game is the latest version so... damn.
^ That's too bad.

Yeah it was a game update. Just struck me as weird because afaik Kalypso haven't released any official patches for ages now. I guess an Xbox system update must have broken the game so the game update was just to fix that... maybe.

Something else that may or may not be useful to know: on the Xbox you can look at all the files associated with a game. For PR3 there is a 205 Mb file "Port Royale 3 Expansion". Was just thinking that if you can see that or something similar on the PS3 then it might mean that the DLC is there but just isn't being recognised. Which might be useful to mention on a support call.
Just a thought.

Cheers
(01-08-2017, 11:39 AM)Tim the Enchanter Wrote: ^ That's too bad.

Yeah it was a game update. Just struck me as weird because afaik Kalypso haven't released any official patches for ages now. I guess an Xbox system update must have broken the game so the game update was just to fix that... maybe.

Something else that may or may not be useful to know: on the Xbox you can look at all the files associated with a game. For PR3 there is a 205 Mb file "Port Royale 3 Expansion". Was just thinking that if you can see that or something similar on the PS3 then it might mean that the DLC is there but just isn't being recognised. Which might be useful to mention on a support call.
Just a thought.

Cheers

yeah, there is a 'game utility' folder or something like that that can have updates and dlc files. depending on the game, dlcs are implemented in different ways on ps3. sometimes all the content is there and you just get a file that essentially unlocks it. in any case, there's nothing in there. : (  i'll probably just ask for a refund at this point. kalypso doesn't seem to care, and the sony drones aren't really capable of fixing the problem.