patriciam IV doesn't work anymore: please help me
Hello. I played Patrician IV on my PC for years: as a mayor of my city I had the opportunity to build universities, to set up new cities. In the augmented arsenal I could build larger, more powerful ships like galleons, crags and others.
I changed my PC and reinstalled the game; I always stay with my username, but now I have only a basic game: I can not choose the starting town, I can not build cities or have larger ships in the ship.
what happened????
please help me. tks
Hello thommason,
what has changed with your machine: new OS, just new hardware?
What have you done so far in order to get this sorted/solved?
Could you share some more details about your system, especially OS+bit, probably CPUU, GPU and RAM?

cheers

Unerde
@thommason
First I strongly advise that you edit your first post and remove your username (that's half your secure credentials).

Second I suspect that your profile on your new PC does not have Administrator Access. I am going to assume that you are on WINDOWS 10 - new PC and all - so you need to check that your Kalypso User name has access to the Kalypso Media \ Patrician 4 folder which gives permissions to Options.CFG in APPDATA.

C:USERS\username\AppData\Roaming\Kalypso Media\
Right Click Patrician 4 Folder -> Properties -> Security TAB - Your Kalypso User Name should be in the list and have all the permissions ticked "Allow".

The thing to check is that your login account on your PC has Administrator Access - Look in Control Panel - User Accounts. IF not that's the first thing you need to change.
(27-07-2017, 09:27 AM)Unerde Wrote: Hello thommason,
what has changed with your machine: new OS, just new hardware?
What have you done so far in order to get this sorted/solved?
Could you share some more details about your system, especially OS+bit, probably CPUU, GPU and RAM?

cheers

Unerde

thanl you
windows 10 pro
intel core i7-2600cpu 3.4GHz RAM 4GB 64bit