Selecting specific groups.
Hi y'all, new to this forum, I am playing Sudden Strike on PS4. Right now I have one question: you have all kinds of different infantry, When you unload them from armored tanks they are all automatically selected. But then: is there a way to select specific infantry from the total selected? For example, to select only mortar units from the entire infantry group.
(12-08-2017, 09:28 PM)Messerschmitt Bf 109- Wrote: Hi y'all, new to this forum, I am playing Sudden Strike on PS4. Right now I have one question: you have all kinds of different infantry, When you unload them from armored tanks they are all automatically selected. But then: is there a way to select specific infantry from the total selected? For example, to select only mortar units from the entire infantry group.

I think the only way is to double click X on the unit type to select all the other same units that are on screen.

I wish when i select other units to add to a group then push R3 it would add to the group and not make a new group.
Do you know how the L1 command chain works. I saw this in the booklet, but when I press L1, nothing happens.
(13-08-2017, 11:10 AM)Messerschmitt Bf 109- Wrote: Do you know how the L1 command chain works. I saw this in the booklet, but when I press L1, nothing happens.

I know holding L1 while selecting units will keep all units selected to create or add to groups. Not sure if that is command chain, i haven't looked at any instruction manual.
You can chain orders together by holding L1 . If you select units then hold L1 , all orders you then give them will follow on from one another . Its a good way to get them to follow a certain route on the map , or to flank round entrenched enemies
(13-08-2017, 07:26 PM)Ba11y Wrote: You can chain orders together by holding L1 . If you select units then hold L1 , all orders you then give them will follow on from one another . Its a good way to get them to follow a certain route on the map , or to flank round entrenched enemies

So it's used to set waypoints, thanks for the info Ba11y.

I thought the tutorial was fairly useless and short. It should have gone over the all the control options available to the player and also some tactics/uses for different units.