Tropico 3 Xbox 360 Demo released!
Wow I didn't realize so many people still have SDTV's with a HD gaming system.. Most stores you can't even buy SDTV's anymore. Playing the 360 on a SDTV is such a terrible waste. When 360 launched in Nov 05 HDTV's were still a little pricey, now though you can't get them for under 300 bucks for 26" to 32". Under 200 bucks if you go with a LCD PC Monitor and pickup the 360 VGA cables. Hell I'd pick up the VGA cables and use the monitor your using right now before I'd play a 360 game in SD.
Absolutely, even a 15" VGA monitor at 1024x768 resolution is WAY better than ANY SDTV hooked up via composite cables.

For me, I happen to love my 20" HDMI PC Screen, I can pause the game and look up the forums without having to move.

(10-12-2009, 10:04 AM)Shamrock Wrote: Wow I didn't realize so many people still have SDTV's with a HD gaming system.. Most stores you can't even buy SDTV's anymore. Playing the 360 on a SDTV is such a terrible waste. When 360 launched in Nov 05 HDTV's were still a little pricey, now though you can't get them for under 300 bucks for 26" to 32". Under 200 bucks if you go with a LCD PC Monitor and pickup the 360 VGA cables. Hell I'd pick up the VGA cables and use the monitor your using right now before I'd play a 360 game in SD.
(10-12-2009, 10:04 AM)Shamrock Wrote: Wow I didn't realize so many people still have SDTV's with a HD gaming system.. Most stores you can't even buy SDTV's anymore. Playing the 360 on a SDTV is such a terrible waste. When 360 launched in Nov 05 HDTV's were still a little pricey, now though you can't get them for under 300 bucks for 26" to 32". Under 200 bucks if you go with a LCD PC Monitor and pickup the 360 VGA cables. Hell I'd pick up the VGA cables and use the monitor your using right now before I'd play a 360 game in SD.

I only have a notebook and my SDTV. It is a Sony Trinitron 21" with component cables and yes, the text does not work for me. I tried all combinations of options for TV and Xbox, but the text is too small. Sad
Hello everyone, I have played the Demo on my 360 with all its glitches I still like this game.
Been playing the full game on the Xbox for a while now (I'm in the UK, where it's been around for a few months).

The text is fine with an XGA projector projecting to a 2 x 1.5 metre screen Smile

Great game - just a bit of a shame you have to treat it with kid gloves as it's a bit flakey. So, save regularly, and try not to get over 300-400 inhabitants if possible, so I'm looking forward to the update Kalypso say they're working on.
I played the demo on a HDTV 37" and couldnt read the text from my couch but if I moved closer I could. Its a shame that I cant sit from my couch and see it though. I dont have a problem with other games. Because of this and the save problem I am wondering if I should get it on the PC instead and if at all, since I dont know how well my PC will run and the download for the PC demo says it will take 7 hours to download with my pitiful Internet service.
(16-02-2010, 08:04 PM)croc1073 Wrote: I played the demo on a HDTV 37" and couldnt read the text from my couch but if I moved closer I could. Its a shame that I cant sit from my couch and see it though. I dont have a problem with other games. Because of this and the save problem I am wondering if I should get it on the PC instead and if at all, since I dont know how well my PC will run and the download for the PC demo says it will take 7 hours to download with my pitiful Internet service.

Get it on the pc. There is no support for the xbox
I actually got really addicted to the demo and played it literally about 8 hours a day!

it was a good idea for me to just buy the game! Tongue

[Image: http://www.rewards1.com/images/referralBanners/01.gif]
(22-06-2010, 01:19 PM)Joneswilliamsc Wrote: Well I have read all of the demo. And I like it too much. As I am planning to purchase this game. I was really very eager to released that game. I always wanted to play this game and I also assume that I might go and pick up the original for a go now.

To be honest, if you are a person like me, where you spend alot of time on one island, wishing to completely cover it with buildings and get loads of people and money. Dont buy this game for xbox...

You cant load the games that you save with a big population and alot of buldings and such, you basically have to start fresh every-time you want to play the game. Kalypso wont bring out a patch, they have threw this game to the bottom of there 'priority' list...