[PS 4] Controls
Hi!

I think many users would agree with me, that the ability to add or remove a specific unit to/from the group is really needed. Please, consider to implement this feature in the upcoming update.

Also, I wonder what R1 button is used for? When it is being pressed, the units are selected, but when it is released, the units become unselected again.
R1 just highlights all units so you can see them easier behind buildings or in cover
(15-08-2017, 11:28 PM)Ba11y Wrote: R1 just highlights all units so you can see them easier behind buildings or in cover

Rather useless function. By the way R1could be used in combination with X (R1 + X) to add/remove unit from group.
(16-08-2017, 08:20 AM)asp Wrote: Rather useless function. By the way R1could be used in combination with X (R1 + X) to add/remove unit from group.

R1 plus the right stick lets you rotate the camera and zoom in and out..figured this out after playing a few hours...Love this game..Im having trouble with refueling tanks at the moment..I had like 4 or 5 abandoned tanks the last mission I played bc all two of my supply trucks died early in the mission lol
(16-08-2017, 02:14 PM)RTSGuy Wrote: R1 plus the right stick lets you rotate the camera and zoom in and out..figured this out after playing a few hours...Love this game..Im having trouble with refueling tanks at the moment..I had like 4 or 5 abandoned tanks the last mission I played bc all two of my supply trucks died early in the mission lol

I guess it was Kursk mission? Me too Wink
I have fuel supply problem a lot , it seems enemy tanks like to blow them up first .
The button you're looking for is L1! You can also map routes by holding it down and creating waypoints.
Is there any "all troop select" button combo? I tried I think R2 or something it highlights all troop but doesn't keep them selected.
(17-08-2017, 11:10 PM)RedMosquitoMan Wrote: The button you're looking for is L1! You can also map routes by holding it down and creating waypoints.
Oh, that's it! I thought it is used only for waypoints. Thanks a lot!
(18-08-2017, 07:01 PM)asp Wrote: Oh, that's it! I thought it is used only for waypoints. Thanks a lot!

No worries! The PS4 version is getting a lot of hate but really there's just a steep learning curve with the controls (and the tutorial is ludicrously shallow). The manual helped me a lot. Very old school. lol
Not sure if this is in the instruction manual, but incase anyone doesn't know L3 will delete all units selected from there current group.
And one more addition to the controls discussion. Why does selection tool (L+X) have a circle shape? The formations are rectangular. That's why the rectangular selection shape would be more convenient. Just do it like the mouse selection in PC version. At the point where the user presses X button will be the starting corner of the rectangle, at the point where the user releases the X button will be the ending point. Simple and natural.
(14-08-2017, 10:06 PM)asp Wrote: Hi!

I think many users would agree with me, that the ability to add or remove a specific unit to/from the group is really needed. Please, consider to implement this feature in the upcoming update.

Also, I wonder what R1 button is used for? When it is being pressed, the units are selected, but when it is released, the units become unselected again.

You can use L1 to select or deselect a Unit in a group.
"And one more addition to the controls discussion. Why does selection tool (L+X) have a circle shape? The formations are rectangular. That's why the rectangular selection shape would be more convenient. Just do it like the mouse selection in PC version. At the point where the user presses X button will be the starting corner of the rectangle, at the point where the user releases the X button will be the ending point. Simple and natural."-asp

Great point here. the circle may seem convenient but a rectangular selection shape would make a lot more sense.