TROPICO VI ANNOUNCED: What Do You Want In It?
Good afternoon.

Kalypso recently made waves by announcing a radically different and expanded "Tropico VI".

Immediately out of the gate, some of the fandom's greatest demands are said to be met, including:

1. A return of campaign speeches and dynamic elections
  2. BRIDGES and mass transportation
  3. More, less linear, and better research
  4. A lot of content out of the gate

Personally, I have my list of things I want.

1. Bring back Factions and make them matter
  2. Full modding support (DESIGN OUR OWN BUILDINGS, EDICTS, ETC. ETC.)
  3. More llama jokes
  4. Penultimo's old voice
  5. Bring back the cast from "Tropico IV" (the silly general, the filthy hippie, the fat priest, the hot Soviet chick, the capitalist and the skinhead, etc.) and have them join the cast of "Tropico V" (because I love that female radio announcer who runs the "Jolly Roger" and runs from llamas in stilletos).

I really loved the historical eras of "Tropico V", but "Tropico IV" still had the best politics (Factions were one of my favorite things) and many of the best characters (the fat rum priest still makes me laugh), although the captain of the Jolly Roger bar from "Tropico V" was awesome. Honestly, I'd like to have my cake and eat it too: I want both sets of characters from "Tropico IV" AND "Tropico V" to return at once.

What are you looking forward to in "Tropico VI"?

Viva de El Presidente,
-TURTLESHROOM

Big Grin

P.S.: OUR CHILDREN ARE ON THE WRONG PATH. THEY NEED TO BE SCHOOLED IN PRAISING THE LORD THROUGH RUM.
Jesus loves you and died for you!!
---

Religious (+++) Leader
Capitalists (++)
Intellectuals (+)
Militarists (+)
Communists (---)
Environmentalists (---)

Hi Turtleshroom,
thank you for your passion and dedication for Tropico and also your feedback.
If it comes to factions, you can lean back and smile; the table below offers a brief overview of the various Factions and their representing spokespersons, some of which players may recognize from previous Tropico-games:

The Factions
Revolutionaries - Sofia Ortega
Capitalist - Mason Belmonte
Communists - Marco Moreno
Militarists - General Rodriguez
Religious - Sister Francesca
Environmentalists - Sunny Flowers
Industrialists - Harland Zander
Conservatives - Hector Delgado
Intellectuals - Elena Culpepper

Additionally Eras will also be back in Tropico 6. Llamas will always be El Presidente's finest:
So here is a Hipster-Llama
[Image: https://sites.google.com/a/whitinsvillec..._hair.jpeg]

-cheers
(04-09-2017, 11:45 AM)Unerde Wrote: Hi Turtleshroom,
If it comes to factions, you can lean back and smile; the table below offers a brief overview of the various Factions and their representing spokespersons, some of which players may recognize from previous Tropico-games:

The Factions

Additionally Eras will also be back in Tropico 6. Llamas will always be El Presidente's finest:

-cheers

Hi, please also get back the Ministry Office where we appoint a minister in different ministry of health, militray, etc..
(04-09-2017, 11:45 AM)Unerde Wrote: Hi Turtleshroom,

The Factions

-cheers

Glad to hear about the return of factions Unerde! Also happy to see a community manager alive and well, responding on behalf of Tropico 6. Speaking of, I don't see any forums specifically for Tropic 6 here. Will we get a Tropico 6 specific section anytime soon? I've also seen in the Tropico 6 announcements reference new changes/updates "in response to player feedback." Is there a specific area/forum this is being sourced from, as I'd love to provide some ideas/suggestions as well to make Tropico 6 the best one yet!

Quote:Hi, please also get back the Ministry Office where we appoint a minister in different ministry of health, militray, etc..
 SECONDED!

PS. Hello again Turtleshroom...it's been ages!
George W. Bush: "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." El Presidente agrees. Cool
Hi Maximo,
here you go:
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=121
A whole subforum just for Tropico 6, for International/English speaking as well as German players!

Additionally you can always find us and other players here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/492720/discussions/

cheers

Unerde
(15-09-2017, 02:23 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hi Maximo,
here you go:
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=121
A whole subforum just for Tropico 6, for International/English speaking as well as German players!

Additionally you can always find us and other players here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/492720/discussions/

cheers

Unerde

Thanks Unerde, that's great! 

I suppose I was confused, as the Tropico 6 subforum wasn't listed under the "Tropico Series" subsection. I'll be sure to join the conversation and looking forward to T6!
George W. Bush: "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." El Presidente agrees. Cool
Now that we finally have arquipelagos and bridges, I want the toggle trees on/off back from T1 pretty bad.
I met Lulu Marie once, at the Tropico Cafe. Reggie's a twat!
1) Ability to fully name El Presidente.
2) Ability for El Presidente to influence places he visits.
3) Ability for El Presidente to build his own private "special" island with his swiss bank account.
4) Better tourism integration.
5) Mission/challenge editor included in main initial release.
6) Much better military integration. This was one of the weakest aspects of Tropico 5 as the action/reaction of military (how they move, where they went, etc) was very unrealistic and frustrating.
7) Assign talents/skills to El Presidente and the ability to grow those ability/skills.
8) A mission challenge competition and the winners not only get a prize, but have their missions "enhanced" (i.e. voice-over) and included in a special DLC pack.
9) Prisons in the main game.
10) El Presidente Statue!
TropicoChallenges.com (Tropico news, tips, challenges, and tutorials)

Overview of new stuff in Tropico 4: Modern Times
Hi jtracy,
please be aware that we are right in the middle of development and therefore a lot of features are still to be discussed and definitely not set in stone.
Therefore I can and want to share details about features that are set in stone at least in its core:
1) We are currently having a look into this, if fully renameable, only First- or Surname or none at all.
2) We also loved this feature, how and if this will hit the final game, we have to see.
3) As you have archipelagos now, why having an additional island? The people need El Presidente and not a coward hiding on another lonly island!
4) We will keep in eye how it will work and play compared to the others Wink
5) Not decided if there will be a modding tool so far.
6) We will also see how to get this feature into the game, without harming other features or the whole game at all.
7) Sounds more like an RPG, but also on our list of stuff we would like to have, what does not mean this to be a promise at all!
8) Nice idea, but really hard to implement. Definitely not as a paid DLC, when created by the community Wink Something to think about after the game has been released not before and also only working, when there will be a modding tool released, what is not yet decided.
9) Pretty sure, even though not all buildings are final, yet, despite those you already have might seen in trailers.
10) Yes, there will be a statue that you can place in front of yor palace.

-cheers
I wasn't expecting a response, so thanks! A couple of followups:

3) The idea of #3 is to have one specific place for El Presidente to spend his fortunes - something that "carries over" from game to game (so he always has this private area to develop). The game has always done great with Swiss Bank accumulation, but hasn't really been creative in ways to spend that fortune.

7) Tropico 4 had a version of this feature. Smile

I also wanted to say that it is really great, from the trailer, that people will be able to customize their palace!
TropicoChallenges.com (Tropico news, tips, challenges, and tutorials)

Overview of new stuff in Tropico 4: Modern Times