CPU Cheating?
Hallo.

Why if I play in realistic mode, the computer plays in easy mode and using 1 line only for trains???
@Uakko

Those are the settings - most game have "level" settings - you can make it easier for you by changing the settings to match the AI - but at "Normal" the AI gets an advantage. The game options then let you make it harder or easier for you.
(01-02-2018, 05:08 PM)billyplod Wrote: @Uakko

Those are the settings - most game have "level" settings - you can make it easier for you by changing the settings to match the AI - but at "Normal" the AI gets an advantage. The game options then let you make it harder or easier for you.

It does not seem rightful, if I play in realistic mode the CPU should do it too.
@Uakko

You are playing against an AI - you can in the Normal Game change the parameters to give yourself an advantage or the AI an advantage. This is usual in Single player games. It isn't about "fair" it's about fun and the Challenge, and the buzz you get when you meet the targets.

There are pros and cons in any game, getting the balance right is the most difficult part - fun against challenge, I think REMP is just about right.

You can also "Mod" the game --> http://www.gamingmindsstudios.com/re-modding/ - then you can set the game up for your self.
I just had a cpu create 72 trains on 8 or so lines, against me on the second mission of the campaign. There's hard, challenging but that was brutal. One station I looked at was making 20k a second and buying my shares at 3% every 10-15 seconds.
How many years did you allow the AI to grow?
@Duzean

I don't see that has unrealistic. In the North Scenario I have 9 Cities connected and 115 trains running and still can't keep up with demand, for both "Express" and Freight.
Also remember Beatrix's bonus is for Passengers so teh AI is probably disposed to try to service "Express".
It was about 5-8 years.

@billyplod
Were you playing on realistic or easy?
@Duzean

Realistic.

I try to get my "Express Lines" running circular routes to minimize passing places, and early concentration on "Company and Construction" innovations to improve Income and number of passengers. I tend to play has Beatrix - one it means I don't have to listen to her voice on the taunts but because she seems to generate more cash more quickly. "Trains make money, money buys trains and track" (Stolen quote from previous game and modified for this one)

Also I sometimes build a second station in cities to separate Freight and Express.

In this scenario, once I take over the other company that starts in Omaha, I set up meat production in Rapid City ; Denver and Amarillo and put that on a separate rail network, building second stations in those cities and Omaha just for cattle incoming and meat outgoing.