Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
savegame folder.
moose67 Offline

savegame folder.
First of all I`d like to say hi to everyone. I have been lurking around for sometime now, sadly a small problem I have has promted me to sign up.

Some how my game has got corrupted and it will only play in one resolution now, if I try to select any other res I get imediate freeze up. Also I am getting some strange bugs while in game.

I think I need to reinstall it, but first I want to backup my save game folder.

I have the steam version, and have looked high and low for the saves folder but can`t seem to find it anywhere. Could someone tell me where to find it please?

Many thanks all
10-04-2010 12:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FordGT90Concept Offline

RE: savegame folder.
Vista/7:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Tropico 3

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Tropico 3
10-04-2010 04:15 AM
moose67 Offline

I needed to show hidden files and folders, I didn`t realise this at first.

I have managed to fix the problem (I think), all seems well now.

I deleted Configfile2 and another file (shader cache I believe) On reboot I had to re-enter my CD key and reset video settings. I am now running on my desired res again.

Not sure if the in game freeze ups are fixed but I will check this out tonight.

Thanks for your help.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 11:30 PM by moose67.)
10-04-2010 11:24 PM
FordGT90Concept Offline

Shader Cache is known to cause issues (it can make the island appear pink). UserConfg2 for sure has the serial number but not sure what else.
11-04-2010 04:51 AM
moose67 Offline

Smile
(11-04-2010 04:51 AM)FordGT90Concept Wrote:  Shader Cache is known to cause issues (it can make the island appear pink). UserConfg2 for sure has the serial number but not sure what else.

After I deleted the ConfgUser2 file the video settings were reset to default and I was able to choose any resolution again, so it has fixed me up in that respect. At first I only tried deleting the shader-cache file but the resolution bug still remained, I deleted it anyway as it did no harm to have a new one created.

The in game bug still remains though. Everything plays and seems fine for a while, but, every so often when I pause the clock to do some actions I am unable to re-start the clock again. It just remains in pause mode. I can save the game and reload and then the same thing will happen again 10-15 minutes later.

I don`t suppose anyone has had this problem and can give me a fix plz?

I really don`t want to reinstall if possible, Steam takes 2 hours to do it.

cheers all. Smile
11-04-2010 02:34 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

(11-04-2010 02:34 PM)moose67 Wrote:  The in game bug still remains though. Everything plays and seems fine for a while, but, every so often when I pause the clock to do some actions I am unable to re-start the clock again. It just remains in pause mode. I can save the game and reload and then the same thing will happen again 10-15 minutes later.

I don`t suppose anyone has had this problem and can give me a fix plz?

Hi moose! Are you using the 'R' hotkey for road construction? This is known to cause the game to pause under certain circumstances.

El Presidente on Twitter | Official Tropico 4 Steam Community Group | Tropico 4 on Facebook
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2010 03:18 PM by Timo.)
11-04-2010 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moose67 Offline

(11-04-2010 03:18 PM)Timo Wrote:  Hi moose! Are you using the 'R' hot key for road construction? This is known to cause the game to pause under certain circumstances.

Hi Timo.....yes I have been using the R hot key a lot while the game has been paused. I have discovered that the road can be a great terrain leveller and also that it can cut into mountains to create extra living space. That coupled with using a few of the buildings and the fountain (to level the terrain) has led me to be able to build on some pretty tricky to reach places Big Grin

I will stop using the Hot key and so how it goes. Hope for a fix in the next patch.

Thanks for the reply Smile
11-04-2010 09:17 PM