1. Penal slave labour force is not profitable, i did the math it just doesnt add up. I wanted to create an island with everyone in jail making numberplates, except the guards and their baby making spouces ofcourse.
Crunched the numbers and the cost of inprisoning someone is to high to make this idea work.
2. There seem to be a cap on the amount of Tourists that arrive to an island, no matter how tourist friendly the island is when it comes to crime rate, and all factors that change the tourism rating you will come to a point where you cant get more tourist to the island. With the tourism modifier at 0% you will get a maximum of about 70 tourists, wich makes about 5 hotels most cost efficient. So.. if you got 70 tourists all in bungaloes the labour force needed for that adds up to around 40 employes, and another 40 or so in other establishments. So once you get over 200 or so inhabitants on the island you will have to get another kind of buisness up and running in order to keep the economy expanding.
3. The amount of people that is in a faction seems to be static, everytime you kill a commie or capitalist someone else turns into one.
Seems like 50% of the population allways will have religious believes for example.
4. Dividing up the jobs between Women/Male jobs aint working out so well. If you want a island with a tourist and media based economy, most of those jobs are women jobs, so you get a bunch of men who really isnt needed but you have to give them jobs anyway.
5. If you want to bring your island out of a farming based econom they will starve to death, its not possible to import food to the market. And apparantly eating at restaurant aint enough, ppl starve to death even if they afford to go to a restaurant.
6. bringing .5 further, it is possible to export goods, but its not possible to get a trade deficit.
7. Would be nice if you could kick some american or commie buts when you get invaded, just like cuba did.
8. And the amount of garages and hospitals needed in Tropico3 is totally out of line. 5% of the population is requeired to work in a garage lol
When the island gets crowded ive actually hade to place 4 garages next to each other, and they still got full. And really, 2-3 hospitals should be enough the entire island, 5-6-7 hospitals is crazy
Tnx for a great game otherwice, played them all. And i will absolutley get Tropico4 once it comes out.