RE: List of bugs
I'd like to confirm than I got all the bugs mentioned above too! They're real, nobody's dreaming!!!
- The "suggested resolutions" are only for 4/3 (ex: 1024x768), 5/4 (ex: 1280x1024), & 16/10 (ex: 1440x900) displays. For any of the "HD" resolutions, or in other words for any 16/9 resolutions, you have to edit this file manually: "C:\Program Files\Kalypso\Pole Position 2010\DATA\config.dat". You'll only get more unused screen space anyway, since the native desk resolution is about 1680x1050 (16/10), and the windows coming over are about 1280x1024 (5/4)... Then why at least aren't we allowed to play it windowed???
- As already said, when you reach december, you can't "further develop" anymore. Instead you got an ugly crash, and since there's no automatic save, in my case I had to restart a new game. You're always happy when it happens after 4 hours. You'll be able to further develop next 1st january, no need to try before.
- Unlike the other months, there is no salaries / wages paid at the end of december! That's so unfair for the employees!
- Sometimes while practicing or qualifying, who knows why, you'll get an "hidden penalty" making your first lap out of the stands twice longer than it should (ex: 3:10.486 instead of 1:35.243)! That's not a big issue tho, since the first lap is never the best one.
- If you decide to build an "infrastructure", let say in France, it'll increase the USA bonuses in the country's list. That the same for any countries, they're somehow probably not displayed in the good order.
- The whole game seems pretty badly balanced. I did my first try with everything to medium, but I found the opponents too strong and the development's time too long. So I did my second try with the opponents set to "Easy", and the development speed to "Very easy". Then once in the game, it simply made no difference at all.
- The whole staff seems useless. You'll see on the next point than I got a 15.000.000$ fine, but hopefully I saved my game the day before. So I reloaded it and tried to fire my lawyer, just to check if he makes any difference. Guess what? Same fine, with or without him.
- And here comes the issue which made me stop playing that game. The Regulations' screen tell us than we're allowed to use a "steering system" with "power steering" & "active steering" enabled. So I just spent 2 years in development, making my own car's parts according to those regulations specs. But once I felt my steering system ready to be tested, it got rejected by the rule's check, and I had to pay a 15.000.000$ fine! This is exactly the same steering system than the ones I used to buy, except this one is out of my production chain!
Enough is enough, game's back in the box. I'm pretty sure it haven't been tested more than some in-game's months. If only ONE of your guy took the time to play it one weekend, he'd find all those bugs before us, the clients. Unfortunately, it looks like the developer's team who worked on it didn't find it funny enough to try it that much...