Hello, I just got Absolute Power and this far Ive only played sandbox (In this type of games thats what I enjoy the most, I just hate the idea to have to give up a city once I reach some random goal, but rather play as long as possible). But anyway, I have some questions about the maps I can play with sandbox or challenge editor.
1) I want to play the biggest possible map. Which of the ready-made islands is the biggest?
2) Does the difficulty rating of maps when starting sandbox (easy/moderate/hard) mean purely the size of the island?
3) Is any of the ready-made maps as big as if I generate the largest possible with map generator? I dont mean overall flat building space, which generated map propably has the most, but the outlines of the islands.
Thanks if someone can answer even partly to these questions
Edit: also bonus questions that popped to my mind.
4) Should garbage dumps be built in the heart of the pollution areas, i.e middle of city centres to get the most effect out of them? After playing some other citybuilders and thinking real-life I had a dilemma with building landfill next to someones house instead of as far as possible, but I guess in this game they work that way? I guess what Im asking is, do garbage dumbs have any kind of negative effect on their surroundings?
5)If I have clusters of farms or other productive buildings scattered away from city centre, should I include teamster office by those buildings for faster transport of goods? Or will teamsters from far away office pick the goods fast enough?
6) About garages: If I have few farms, a mine or other small cluster of buildings middle of some jungle away from my city centre, do I have to build a garage there to "link" it with city so farmers/workers can use car in their way to work? I wouldnt want to of course becouse a huge carage in location like that looks just silly.