Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Disciples III 1.06.2 - Patch Download
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

Disciples III 1.06.2 - Patch Download
Disciples III 1.06.2 Patch for Kalypso Media retail version available!

The long awaited 1.06.2 patch for Disciples III is now available for download from our website. This patch is compatible with English, French and German language retail versions of the game.

Unfortunately, a small number of retail copies sold in the US are suffering from a disc detection error resulting in an "Original Disc not Found" error message during the game load sequence. If you are affected by this error, please contact support@kalypsomedia.com for assistance and a solution to the problem. Please see this thread for more information.

Disciples III 1.06.2 Changes
  • Fixed issue with arena interface skill icons unintentionally disappearing
  • "Extra Attack" skill no longer grants a second attack or action while covering
  • The game is now saved into the user's folder My Documents/My Games/Disciples III, allowing for users without Administrator rights to more easily save their games. Current saves will automatically be moved to the new folder
  • Dexterity boosting potions now work correctly
  • Pressing the "Quick Combat" button again allows players to halt a current Quick Combat battle
  • Unit information during auto-combat will no longer be displayed
  • Removed the ability to use skills, defenses or engage in combat while currently moving on the battle arena
  • Issue fixed: melee units that approach targets but did not attack
  • Issue fixed: on the hero management screen, the hero properties button was blocked, but not grayed out
  • Issue fixed: in the "Hire" interface, the unit skills were not displayed in the unit information window
  • Button "Disband Unit" now works similarly to the "Heal" button – first the unit is selected, and then the Disband button can be pressed

Hotseat Mode Fixes
  • Issue fixed: inventory of the defending party could not be opened in Hotseat mode.
  • Issue fixed: In Hotseat mode, when the defending party is victorious, "Defeat" is mistakenly displayed, and "Victory" is displayed if the attacker has won
  • The Hotseat options have been fixed
  • Fixed: defending side could not use skills in hotseat mode.
  • Issue Fixed: The display of fog of war after using Alt+Tab
  • Fixed: if one player has researched a spell, no other players could research spells during the same turn
  • Fixed: if a map is restarted in hotseat mode, spell research is unavailable during the first turn
  • Units will no longer gain experience while moving on the map
  • The city guardian in a town can no longer be swapped with a unit in the visiting hero's party

1.06.1 changes included in the patch:
  • Fixed: user can no longer control enemy cities
  • Fixed: in the tutorial player is able to enter town which is not his yet
  • Resolved various achievement issues
  • Fixed: loading screen not in full screen on large monitors with 16:10 aspect ratio
  • Fixed: several skills descriptions
  • Fixed: several text spills in info boxes

Download Patch 1.06.2

Important Notice: This patch is compatible with boxed retail copies only. It will not work with downloaded versions of the game. If you have downloaded Disciples III from a software download provider, please contact them for patch support.

El Presidente on Twitter | Official Tropico 4 Steam Community Group | Tropico 4 on Facebook
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 02:22 PM by Timo.)
06-08-2010 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stormy Offline

RE: Disciples III 1.06.2 - Patch Download
Thank you so much! Cool
07-08-2010 01:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
D3G Offline

nice Smile haha it was small Smile 6.7 mb ^^
07-08-2010 03:39 AM
stormy Offline

(07-08-2010 03:39 AM)D3G Wrote:  nice Smile haha it was small Smile 6.7 mb ^^

Try 6.66! \m/Big Grin\m/
07-08-2010 04:27 AM
D3G Offline

(07-08-2010 04:27 AM)stormy Wrote:  
(07-08-2010 03:39 AM)D3G Wrote:  nice Smile haha it was small Smile 6.7 mb ^^

Try 6.66! \m/Big Grin\m/

it's the devils nr:O 666! holly crap! xD
07-08-2010 04:45 AM
duendes2112 Offline

two questions:

1) once the patch is installed, shouldn't it be displaying in the main menu at the lower right that the version is now1.06.2? after install, mine still states 1.06?

2) I am still receiving the "Original Disc Missing/Not Detected" Error. at the first portion of this thread it states that some US earlier buyers have received this error and to contact support...is this just a rehash and reminder or is this dictating that "these" users still have to contact support to get the game to work regardless of updating with the new patch that has it reported as a fix?

Thanks
07-08-2010 09:49 AM
pensuke89 Offline
Unofficial Bug Tracker

(07-08-2010 09:49 AM)duendes2112 Wrote:  two questions:

1) once the patch is installed, shouldn't it be displaying in the main menu at the lower right that the version is now1.06.2? after install, mine still states 1.06?

2) I am still receiving the "Original Disc Missing/Not Detected" Error. at the first portion of this thread it states that some US earlier buyers have received this error and to contact support...is this just a rehash and reminder or is this dictating that "these" users still have to contact support to get the game to work regardless of updating with the new patch that has it reported as a fix?

Thanks
You will need to contact Kalypso Media if you are receiving the "Original Disc Missing" error.
07-08-2010 10:03 AM
duendes2112 Offline

(07-08-2010 10:03 AM)pensuke89 Wrote:  

Thanks
You will need to contact Kalypso Media if you are receiving the "Original Disc Missing" error.

Thanks, sent that contact out.
07-08-2010 10:17 AM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

Thanks

If you are receiving the Original Disc not Found error, how can you check the version number in your main menu?

El Presidente on Twitter | Official Tropico 4 Steam Community Group | Tropico 4 on Facebook
07-08-2010 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkcheung Offline

My game downloaded from Gamersgate, after this patch installed I got the Original disc missing error, what shall I do now? Whom to contact?
07-08-2010 01:47 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

Please contact Gamersgate for patch support.

07-08-2010 01:48 PM
Clayman Offline
Awesome Member

(07-08-2010 01:47 PM)arkcheung Wrote:  My game downloaded from Gamersgate, after this patch installed I got the Original disc missing error, what shall I do now? Whom to contact?
1. Uninstall game
2. Reinstall it
3. Install patch provided by Gamersgate
4. ???
5. Profit
07-08-2010 02:13 PM
Larkin Offline
Epic Member

The patch announcement is confusing. It says :

* Fixed: "Original Disc not Found" error on startup with US retail discs

but this is only fixed by a special patch released only by email, right ?
07-08-2010 02:18 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

Yes, sorry, this was a mistake in the patch log. The disc detection error is fixed in the seperate patch issued by mail only.

07-08-2010 02:23 PM
arkcheung Offline

Why so complicated? Never had experience like this, shouldn't the dev team release the patches for all different version of their games? This game is not developed by Gamersgate and it should be the dev's job to provide correct patch for Gamersgate or Steam version game.

Put it in sa simple way, when am I supposed to get a patch for Gamersgate version?
(07-08-2010 02:23 PM)Timo Wrote:  Yes, sorry, this was a mistake in the patch log. The disc detection error is fixed in the seperate patch issued by mail only.

Most funny thing I've heard that a patch is issued by mail only. So I have this disc missing issue too and who is the guy I should ask for a patch via mail?
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 02:30 PM by arkcheung.)
07-08-2010 02:25 PM
Achaean Offline

Timo, I just re-read the other thread on where to email for the disc not found error and noticed what you should label your title. Before re-reading I sent one with the title 'Original Disc not Found error*'. Will this still be answered? Thanks for your help.
07-08-2010 06:59 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

All E-Mails will be answered, but please understand that there will be delays over the weekend.

07-08-2010 07:23 PM
Achaean Offline

(07-08-2010 07:23 PM)Timo Wrote:  All E-Mails will be answered, but please understand that there will be delays over the weekend.

No problem. Was just curious if I needed to send another with the titled mentioned in the other thread. Thanks for the reply!
07-08-2010 08:15 PM
Clayman Offline
Awesome Member

(07-08-2010 02:25 PM)arkcheung Wrote:  Why so complicated? Never had experience like this, shouldn't the dev team release the patches for all different version of their games? This game is not developed by Gamersgate and it should be the dev's job to provide correct patch for Gamersgate or Steam version game.

Put it in sa simple way, when am I supposed to get a patch for Gamersgate version?
(07-08-2010 02:23 PM)Timo Wrote:  Yes, sorry, this was a mistake in the patch log. The disc detection error is fixed in the seperate patch issued by mail only.

Most funny thing I've heard that a patch is issued by mail only. So I have this disc missing issue too and who is the guy I should ask for a patch via mail?

Google is your friend. I googled Gamersgate and patch, look what I found:
Quote:
I found a patch at the games official website and now the game is asking for a CD.

You can only use patches made for download versions. If the developer do not provide such patch and you think your game need the patch, please contact support@gamersgate.com about it. Include information about what game it is and the name of the patch you think we need to add. Please note, that it may take time to produce and acquire a patch, and that customer support has a main priority set to answering e-mails about problems, yet still your request will be transferred and handled after it is received and read.

Wasn't so hard, was it?
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 08:45 PM by Clayman.)
07-08-2010 08:44 PM
duendes2112 Offline

(07-08-2010 10:56 AM)Timo Wrote:  

Thanks

If you are receiving the Original Disc not Found error, how can you check the version number in your main menu?

First off, apologies for the arrangement of the questions...it was late. These were actually two seperate questions in relation to myself and a friend (each of us with a respective question, myself with the error and him with the general question which I am also curious about since there have been other errors reported and is a means of ensuring all is set upon final install)?

Questions reworded appropriately:

1) once the patch is installed, should it display 1.06.2 within the main menu at the lower right?

One thing to note. I was hoping as a vested customer that I would at the very least receive an answer to my two queries as opposed to a question for a question (this demonstrates you placing your curiosities as a priority ahead of my queries). Not trying to rant as I understand you folks are trying to resolve the situation by means you feel is appropriate, but i just wanted to share how folks can perceive the structure of the response provided in relation to how one can expect the level of support in relation to the current situation revolving around the level of quality control prior to game deployment.

I believe we have one question answered and just need confirmation that upon "successful patch load, we should see 1.06.2 upon successful install of the game, support patch fix, and 1.06.2 patch update files.

Thanks for the dedicated support!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 11:11 PM by duendes2112.)
07-08-2010 10:14 PM
Beleth Offline

Awesome! Thanks Timo and co. Starting playing in full earnest as the patch (surprisingly small by the way) removed most of the issues that were bugging me. Hotseat is awesome now! Can't wait for more fixes and the expansion!
08-08-2010 03:09 AM
Ordained Offline

Well I guess this will teach me to read up on things before I buy them eh? So basically, the makers screw up and then punish there buyers by making them wait for a stupid patch only sent by email. I would think to make up for that "stupid" blunder they would make it readily available. Why should PAYING customers have to suffer. I've never had any issues with any other game I have bought. Thank you though, I will never purchase another game made by this company.
08-08-2010 05:24 AM
Ordained Offline

I am still waiting for this email reply.
09-08-2010 02:31 AM
duendes2112 Offline

(09-08-2010 02:31 AM)Ordained Wrote:  I am still waiting for this email reply.

I was under the impression that there was to be something extra or compensation that came along with the patch for the customers affected?
09-08-2010 09:54 PM
Achaean Offline

Just got my email for my patch and it worked. Thanks a ton! Look forward to trying this game out, with or without bugs! I'm sure we'll see another patch soon enough to fix any that there may be. Smile
10-08-2010 12:45 AM
duendes2112 Offline

I got my email patch a few days ago, for my experience in relation to timeliness of fix, it was a positive one, however should have been avoided.

I can now say that is behind me and am now able to ahppily enjoy a wonderful game.

I had reservations if I would feel this was a D successor nd it certainly is.

Thanks folks and hope that this experience is a learning one for everyone.

Hail Disciples!
11-08-2010 09:54 PM
Ramzies Offline

So what is the current time it is taking to get this resolved? I bought the game a few days ago and sent in the e-mail and have not gotten anything yet at all.

This is kinda silly to be paying for a game that I can not use until they decide to send me the fix.
15-08-2010 08:08 PM
Larkin Offline
Epic Member

I don't think they work on weekends.
15-08-2010 11:18 PM
pensuke89 Offline
Unofficial Bug Tracker

They do work on weekends. But it will take a longer time for you to get a respond. Please understand that they are humans too.

Just be patient. They will e-mail you eventually.
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2010 04:24 AM by pensuke89.)
16-08-2010 04:23 AM
Ramzies Offline

They did e-mail me 5 days later and I am playing the game now. I like it so far but was expecting more out of it. Maybe the new expansion will make it more than it is now.
19-08-2010 02:01 PM