Updates 1.17/2.01 released - Changelogs
Fellow Tropicans,

Updates for Tropico 3 and Absolute Power have been released.

Please see the changelog below:

Tropico 3 1.17
  • Fixed stuck pause mode related to road construction shortcut
  • Roads can no longer be placed when disabled in a mission or challenge event
  • Made resolution and refresh rate detection more reliable
  • Fixed pollution of logging camp for first work mode
  • Almanac backlog increased to 100 years
  • Resolved issues with uploading islands
  • Fixed an issue with the flatulence flaw
  • Fixed several challenge events not working properly
  • Fixed several localized text errors

Tropico 3 Absolute Power 2.01
  • Fixed stuck pause mode related to road construction shortcut
  • Roads can no longer be placed when disabled in a mission or challenge event
  • Made resolution and refresh rate detection more reliable
  • Resolved UI displaying during outro cutscenes
  • Building icons no longer appear over privatized buildings
  • Fixed nationalist minor demand for immigration
  • Fixed outlawing faction edict with save/load game
  • Fixed an issue with the flatulence flaw
  • Fixed several challenge events not working properly
  • Fixed several localized text errors

The update is available via the in-game auto updater and all download portals requiring a valid serial key and a working internet connection.

Have fun!
Thank you so much Timo Smile

At last, there will be new patch. Big Grin
Just a suggestion, please don't forget to look for the whole post in each thread for additional issue in the game if the patch team haven't found it (performance issue, auto-save feature, etc) Smile

I will suggest my friend to buy this game Big Grin
Thank you for putting new hope El Presidente Big Grin Big Grin
Good progress, I guess.
Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
Hmm

Did you guys correct the graphic bug with the streets that missed "slices"?

The rest looks good
Hi Timo - any ideas what other fixes are on the roadmap for possible future patches?
so is this patch for the 360 version ? or is that still coming?
Quote:Fixed outlawing faction edict with save/load game
There is similar error with "Shoot Juanito" edict - if you will shoot him and load game, both Juanito and Betty will not say anything in loaded game altough edict is not actiavted.
Disregard this, my mistake.
Why the blow off to the people who support your company through the 360? It feels like you made it, them just ditched it. I hope I'm completely wrong. I played through the bugs. I installed it to the HDD and it somewhat helped. Now it looks like you will pass us 360 users over with the expansion which just sucks. I really hope you consider us for Tropico 4 which looks to be announced. I haven't seen a yes or no to the 360. I have a net book and an old pc. Neither can run Tropico 3. I do have 1 and 2 on it. Also my kids and wife like to watch me play this on our TV and it's a more sociable when friends come over and play. I beat this game about 3 weeks after I got it on pre-order. I still play Sandbox mode and challenges for kicks today. I would love for some new content. It feels very "passed over" by not patching it or giving us some DLC or even a stand alone disc add on ie Dragon Age Awakening or Borderlands mad Moxxi - Zombie Island. Please don't slate us on Tropico 4. Many of us played through the issues of 3 and still LOVED it. I had 5 friends pick it up after coming here and seeing it first hand. Please don't snub us on 4, or Absolute Power for that matter. I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears. And if you forget about us, again, why should we stand by and keep supporting your small, but very good, company in the future? Via Tropico or any of your other games? Like Dark Star which I own or the first templar?
Thank you thank you thank you kalypso. This game is awesome, but crashes have fucked it up totally lately. So i hope you will be able to fix this stuff and then i will definately buy tropico 4 when it comes out.

Thank you!! Big Grin
Absolute Power, Game updated automatically by Steam.
[Image: http://www.ii4.ru/thumbs/2010/09/09/59415_wtf.jpg]
Please start the main game (Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition), this will resolve the texture errors. Absolute Power is included in this. If the error persists, choose 'check integrity of game cache' in game properties.
(09-09-2010, 08:53 PM)Timo Wrote: Please start the main game (Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition), this will resolve the texture errors. Absolute Power is included in this.

Steam updated both Tropico 3 and T3: Absolute Power with same amount of MBs downloaded. Starting Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition actually runs Absolute Power and this texture problem appears again.
---
Checked game files in Steam:
[Image: http://www.ii4.ru/thumbs/2010/09/09/59419_steam.jpg]
But nothing is downloaded actually. After attempting to run the game, it just crashes with generic windows "Send report" message.
---
Validated again, now 18 files will be reacquired. Steam finally downloads something (557 MBs):
[Image: http://www.ii4.ru/thumbs/2010/09/09/59421_dl.jpg]
I will report when Steam will finish downloading.
---
> After completing downloading missing textures problem was solved. I believe that this problem will affect all AP owners on Steam.
i have the same road texture problem. and there's no way to run the original tropico 3, it will ALWAYS run Absolute power. i'll try checking the files too... ugh
Thank you.
(06-09-2010, 11:03 PM)dlove Wrote: Yes I jus purchased the game for xbox 360 and I think it is a great game! There are some bugs which I hope you guys will transfer these PC fixes to xbox. I have a problem with the game where it will just freeze. I can move, zoom in and out the cam, but the game will not continue to play. I hope there is a fix for this me and my wife love to play this game.

Timo just please keep us informed for any xbox 360 updates please. Thanks.

According to this thread on the German forum there will be no more Xbox360 patch (see admin's post):

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=4348
(11-09-2010 01:03 PM) admin Wrote:
The Tropico 3 Patch for the Xbox will unfortunately appear no more.
translated from the german forum.
(18-09-2010, 06:56 AM)mellie Wrote: (11-09-2010 01:03 PM) admin Wrote:
The Tropico 3 Patch for the Xbox will unfortunately appear no more.
translated from the german forum.

If this is a surprise for you, you might be classified under "moronic."
Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)

Where can I download the latest patch from?
There are no download links for this update. It will be downloaded and installed on your computer automatically if it's connected to the internet.

Can someone please tell me where the patch is for this game. Provide a link.

I google it and I am on a wild goose chase trying to find the patch. It should not be that hard to patch a game.
(22-11-2010, 05:33 AM)General Fear Wrote: Can someone please tell me where the patch is for this game. Provide a link.
I google it and I am on a wild goose chase trying to find the patch. It should not be that hard to patch a game.

Why is it so hard for you to understand the plain language of the Kalypso spokesperson?

They call it an "update" rather than a "patch" and they provide it ONLY through an internet link to the game site or to your seller's (e.g. Steam) site. Wild Geese will never find a patch except amongst the pirates. This site is not likely to provide a map to the pirate's island.
patch 1.17 fixes all problemes, as i stops the game from working. No game, no problemes. Can we get at patch to get the game to work again?
I've been having a brutal problem with Presidente speeches. After a certain number of game years, I can't click an option in a speech (like Praising or Promising), but I can still cancel the speech and move on without one.

To make matters worse, I sometimes initate more than one ballot count by mistake, so it looks like this:

Maven Newday XVI 299 - Stupid Loser 1

Also, no matter how many times I try, I can't submit scores or download challenges from the Internet. I keep getting an error about my credentials. I already tried making another username and password, but that too failed.
Jesus loves you and died for you!!
---

Religious (+++) Leader
Capitalists (++)
Intellectuals (+)
Militarists (+)
Communists (---)
Environmentalists (---)