Product Key for Patrician 4
Dead Letter Offline

Product Key for Patrician 4
Hi everybody. I just bought Patrician 4 from the department store but I can't play it because I can't locate the product key! I've never had this problem with any game. There was no manual that came with the game, just a CD with the manual on it. However, there seems to be no key contained anywhere within the manual's content. Also, the key isn't anywhere inside the game's CD case. It's just a black case with no markings. I've emailed the tech support but haven't gotten an answer yet.

So my question is whether anyone else has had this problem and even if you haven't, where was the product key located in your copy of the game?

Thanks for any and all help.
20-11-2010 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pi-Xerxes Offline

RE: Product Key for Patrician 4
retail version it is on the back cover of the printed paper manual it came with. You are speaking about an electronic PDF form of the manual. The retail version does come with a real physical manual with key on the back. If you do not have it, then you got a Fake DVD version form SE Asia. or someone pulled a fast one on you stealing it out of the retail box/DVD case it comes in.
20-11-2010 10:53 AM
Dead Letter Offline

(20-11-2010 10:53 AM)Pi-Xerxes Wrote:  retail version it is on the back cover of the printed paper manual it came with. You are speaking about an electronic PDF form of the manual. The retail version does come with a real physical manual with key on the back. If you do not have it, then you got a Fake DVD version form SE Asia. or someone pulled a fast one on you stealing it out of the retail box/DVD case it comes in.

Thank you, I thought as much. But I called the store (London Drugs) and asked and the guy seemed to think that was normal that it didn't have a manual. So ... that wasn't helpful, lol. Come to think of it, though ... I think the product was wrapped in cellophane so either someone forgot to put a manual in it or it was ripped off from the inside. I guess someone stole it ror forgot to put it in in the first place.

Thanks again, I know it seems like a stupid question.
20-11-2010 08:13 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

If you are missing a product key with your box, contact support@kalypsomedia.com - we can help you out in most cases.

El Presidente on Twitter | Tropico 5 Steam Community | Tropico on Facebook
21-11-2010 01:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jpelletier80 Offline

I have the same promblem. I bought the game with amazon.ca. Still got no answers from the support...
21-11-2010 08:18 PM
Maestro Keio Offline
mercer

Same problem here...

I just rec'd my copy from Amazon.ca (unopened, wrapped in plastic). There is no physical manual (just soft cd pdf). I can absolutely find no product key for registration, therefore cannot play game. Please help as I feel I just wasted my $40.00

I ordered this Dec 10 and paid extra to have it expedited for delivery today, Dec 13. I cannot play this game without product key. Why am I being punished for buying a legitimate copy of your product? Heck, I could've downloaded a cracked version last week and I could've been playing already for several days now. Why not punish the "pirates" instead of your loyal supporters? I am absolutely livid..
13-12-2010 09:38 PM
ROWEN Offline

I bought mine in-store at Best Buy, and it has the paper manual inside...
13-12-2010 10:59 PM
Maestro Keio Offline
mercer

Apparently Kalypso has this issue with their other games (ie Tropico3, Disciples, Grand Ages...)

I am still waiting to use the product I paid for in full 5 days ago (generally it seems people need to wait on average a week before the 24/7 support gets issue resolved)... Oh what a lucrative business I could have by selling products that do not work immediately upon the customer receiving the goods and making them wait with no indication of timeframe... Maybe this is a type of business I could request on my wishlist for Patrician?
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2010 09:45 PM by Maestro Keio.)
14-12-2010 05:36 PM
dragontiger Offline

(21-11-2010 01:18 PM)Timo Wrote:  If you are missing a product key with your box, contact support@kalypsomedia.com - we can help you out in most cases.

They told me to return the game to Newegg and get another copy, for which I would have to pay return shipping. Not exactly helpful.
12-05-2011 04:04 PM
julsi Offline

RE: Product Key for Patrician 4 Got it to work
Hi guys Smile

Just disconnect your internet connection and enter the key again, and it'll work.

Have funBig Grin
15-05-2011 10:19 PM
Dorimil Offline
Patrician expert

Rolleyes very helpful julsi!

how should they enter a key, if there were no key inside the box?!

Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: 46.png]
16-05-2011 02:51 PM
triple696 Offline
Banned

go to:...../AppData-Roaming-Kalypso Media-Patrician 4-launcher
21-05-2011 01:45 PM
Luke159 Offline

My brother had this happen once with a game, i think it was the F1 manager "Pole Position 2010 or Tropico 3" can't remember now but when he took the game back they said its not their problem the game was sealed, no one could remove the book without breaking the seal. So when ever i purchase a game i alway's ask the store to open the case before i will purchase it lol.
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2011 03:48 PM by Luke159.)
22-05-2011 03:47 PM
MarkC Offline

I just bought the game from Amazon.Com and there was no paper manual and no Product Key. Of course I can not return the item to Amazon.Com since they do not allow you to return software once the box is opened. I send Kalypso support an email telling them I bought the item new from Amazon.com and even enclose the shipping information Amazon.Com sent and they respond with an email asking me if I bought the game used. I then reiterate that the game was new and that everything worked fine up to the point that I realized there was no product key in package. They tell me to return the game to the store...

What kind of Customer support is that?
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2011 05:35 PM by MarkC.)
31-08-2011 05:34 PM
Falko Offline
Patrician expert

you cant return stuff to Amazon.Com if the package is incomplete (no manual)? .. strange
31-08-2011 05:47 PM
MarkC Offline

There were two CD's inside, one had the game and a copy of the manual while the other had copies of the manual for Patrician 4 and a couple other Kalypso games. That was it, no paper manual and no product key.

(31-08-2011 05:47 PM)Falko Wrote:  you cant return stuff to Amazon.Com if the package is incomplete (no manual)? .. strange
31-08-2011 06:25 PM
Falko Offline
Patrician expert

take a look at a review here: http://www.amazon.com/Patrician-IV-Pc/pr...M9FCGGEHUA
Quote:This is very possibly a pirated copy (that is evidently why it sells for a fifth of the real game). It is worthless as it does not include a code that is required to install the game.
not sure if that is your product
but if somebody sells software without a code that should be an issue for the marketplace and the publisher
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2011 06:41 PM by Falko.)
31-08-2011 06:40 PM
Melbourne Offline

This is a known issue of this patrician 4 version. Please contact the support again and we will send you an patrician 4 key.

In which country where do you live? Canada or USA?

Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
31-08-2011 07:14 PM
MarkC Offline

I live in the USA. I've already sent several emails, attempting to explain the situation.

(31-08-2011 07:14 PM)Melbourne Wrote:  This is a known issue of this patrician 4 version. Please contact the support again and we will send you an patrician 4 key.

In which country where do you live? Canada or USA?
31-08-2011 07:53 PM
ElTopo Offline

Hahhahha I had the same problem as above. But i managed to find my product key.. It was on the plastic wrapping of the game package. It says: PATRICIAN ACTIVATION CODE on the wrapping. Shop owner helped me with this Big Grin we both felt so stupid afterwards.
04-11-2011 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication