where is the serial number
i cant find the serial number in the retail version of tropico 3 gold edition.
not in the case not on the cd manual or the game cd. Where is it?

*edit, It is normally on the back cover of the manual.
(26-11-2010, 10:24 PM)tilted man Wrote: i cant find the serial number in the retail version of tropico 3 gold edition.
not in the case not on the cd manual or the game cd. Where is it?

I also can not find the keycode and I'm waiting to hear back from kalypso
no manual came with the game. only a cd which contains the manuals for disciples 3, tropico 3, and patrician 4.
not one has any serial number that i can find. WHAT A RIP OFF.

please, does anyone have the answer to the missing serial number for tropico3 gold edition, since no paper manual came with the game and the cd manual has no serial number I can find....help..
Hello my friend! If you were so crazy as to walk into a "brick & mortar" store to buy a computerized game rather than buying it from a "virtual" store, it must have had some of that silly, old-fashioned stuff called packaging because I don't think the clerk handed you a bunch of bare-naked disks --- nor was there a place on the shelves where the customers could just sort through bare-naked CD or DVD disks. Now in my ancient and musty mind - I strongly suspect based on really moldly experience - that the serial number is somewhere on that packaging.

Now on the other hand, I could be wrong because my mental processes have not kept up with the cruel and crafty minds of the German publishers who intend to defeat the Chinese pirates. Therefore, there are two other places I have to suggest for you to look. It may be somewhere on one of the disks around the center. Or -- a wild guess -- somewhere near the end of the text of the manual which you say you can read on one of the disks.

In any case, carefully search the box or other style of packaging.

[font=Trebuchet MS]Happy Gameplay ![/font]
There are versions of Tropico 3 Gold without a printed manual out in Canada, easily identifiable with both English and French text on the packaging. The digital manual comes on a separate disc and the serial number should be stickered inside the box, but if it isn't for some reason, contact support@kalypsomedia.com - we will help you out as quickly as humanly possible.
(29-11-2010, 09:55 PM)Timo Wrote: ... - we will help you out as quickly as humanly possible.

Perhaps you could just notice and reply to threads here -- such as this one:

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...4#pid73764

Wink

(29-11-2010, 09:08 PM)CoconutKid Wrote: Hello my friend! If you were so crazy as to walk into a "brick & mortar" store to buy a computerized game rather than buying it from a "virtual" store, it must have had some of that silly, old-fashioned stuff called packaging because I don't think the clerk handed you a bunch of bare-naked disks --- nor was there a place on the shelves where the customers could just sort through bare-naked CD or DVD disks. Now in my ancient and musty mind - I strongly suspect based on really moldly experience - that the serial number is somewhere on that packaging.

Now on the other hand, I could be wrong because my mental processes have not kept up with the cruel and crafty minds of the German publishers who intend to defeat the Chinese pirates. Therefore, there are two other places I have to suggest for you to look. It may be somewhere on one of the disks around the center. Or -- a wild guess -- somewhere near the end of the text of the manual which you say you can read on one of the disks.

In any case, carefully search the box or other style of packaging.

[font=Trebuchet MS]Happy Gameplay ![/font]

Wow.

There is NO serial number on any part of the packaging.
There is NO serial number on any part of the disks.
There is NO serial number on the inside of the packaging.
There is NO serial number in the PDF manual.

But thank you SO much for your snarky, holier-than-thou and totally unhelpful comment.
So far from what I'm seeing alot of us are having this issue with packs purchased at Target... and all I keep seeing is well e-mail support... however when I e-mail the given address for support my e-mails are bounced back...

this is a bit ridiculous... perhaps it's time to contact the state attorney general about this being a possible scam
Which error message are you getting on the bounced emails? Are you sure you're not misspelling support@kalypsomedia.com?

Since this is a specific issue with units purchased from Target, please see this thread for reference: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=20280
(20-11-2013, 01:09 PM)Timo Wrote: Which error message are you getting on the bounced emails? Are you sure you're not misspelling support@kalypsomedia.com?

Since this is a specific issue with units purchased from Target, please see this thread for reference: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=20280

considering I copy-pasted your posting of it... I'm relatively sure I didn't misspell it.

but this is what I keep getting back

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Mail Delivery System
To Me
Nov 19 at 11:47 PM
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. The following addresses failed:

<kalypso_otrs@realmforgestudios.com>

SMTP error from remote server after transfer of mail text:
host mxlb.ispgateway.de[80.67.18.126]:
550 MFE: Message detected as spam

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Received: from nm27-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com (nm27-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com [98.139.213.148])
by mx.kundenserver.de (node=mxbap4) with ESMTP (Nemesis)
id 0MVKxi-1WB2pB0KXm-00Z02V for support@kalypsomedia.com; Wed, 20 Nov 2013 05:46:03 +0100
Received: from [98.139.215.142] by nm27.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Nov 2013 04:46:01 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.235] by tm13.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Nov 2013 04:46:01 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1044.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Nov 2013 04:46:01 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 762388.57200.bm@omp1044.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Received: (qmail 88167 invoked by uid 60001); 20 Nov 2013 04:46:01 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1384922761; bh=0T2OMAx6DdAMd5v/WdWAfN12gXkhArLaXaRr2Ytk548=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-IDBig Grinate:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=DPiydBFvEmZrFaYrJL2KndQe1+MYIPXr9tbvRXs/t5861C6BtaDkkj8klDGpfKVCrt1sgDkJsFYj8+qvhutzRVFm/7SdMjO0WOUf9gWEqpnYwktVGpic+b34uiuDTg70PL9JttlUwBPNiyRPF3PqGPpiTec0vOWWX8ZMP4b89vA=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-IDBig Grinate:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;
b=n0BffIzVWQ2siVDI9Z8SsYfACHA4+2GUvJ3q8LvZZs2UnLGT3ktzx1n8hLUv34tlYOoXA/UGKvMA8ytmjrQ5IZb3tCHJ0bK8hbPyIzuimcJtk+BbbXsJ1Z9CH0scQ9ha0ohks2eDjZ8fimeu29ptgEur1YM0vLLrRfvvJqEzeVw=;
X-YMail-OSG: w6GppDkVM1lanfc6H34BitiWX7N5MTnwANX6.5_K47hq8Gi
0ySlDylli.NdfEpUA0PbyY_caXg0yRq40d5It_ZyWG81cwYaJuLNgoFqVut6
g8620R9iZSvlXzdYrqSnKaOSJCi4tdWVvjdBfU3nElJHfrvNJ.5Hmmj8PLqC
o7CD.aRXw1GCA8W9sJ8kZ_g614ljqmRu6yw4Wh6jsrBKRrQtexIyimwCp2M6
zARErtxz04y0MZPkALRJy53zBQ79W91JW2DbX_fyN9w.fcaE9io7XpLJ25lP
CW3s.haza83beYX3yUegu0x1Ty8TC4wkrmmNtBHboX4lJRbHEII8FMl14gnm
ndHZoZjDppZFKT0ThPMxwnhxM48bG524n4C2WvJa7MeAwNJGcj.YECfbONC.
gY9OeBvpm_WQECcJaabw_FdNVv97PphgOYi0PO9qd.E130EVSAsA6tO6WoRw
rMpRHeSiLaZ9j_QJ7t8yrDuJQwr2d4fPrj05DxM6JiZh3xlefg8ebg9OYVr9
xhgrPRTmlH3HtTOaB3bEymTbLLRL.Eb0elHicCcyRWJbXyKZ2bGJ5UWRUz8A
OxziLEBSyuJz0W5Sz3qWmE6YnAGg-
Received: from [24.218.118.123] by web161605.mail.bf1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:46:01 PST
X-Rocket-MIMEInfo: 002.001,SGVsbG8sIEkgcHVyY2hhc2VkIGp1c3QgdG9kYXkgdGhlIFRyb3BpY28gVHJpbG9neSBQYWNrIGZyb20gVGFyZ2V0LiDCoCBJIGdvdCBob21lIHJlbW92ZWQgdGhlIGNlbGxvcGhhbmUgY292ZXJlZCB0aGUgMi1DRCBjYXNlIGZyb20gdGhlIHNsZWV2ZSBhbmQgZm91bmQgdGhlcmUgaXMgbm8gbWFudWFsLCBubyBzdGlja2VyLCBhbmQgbm8gaW5zZXJ0IHBhcGVyIHdoYXQtc28tZXZlciB3aXRoIG15IHB1cmNoYXNlLiDCoCBEaXNjLTIgd2l0aCBUcm9waWNvIGFuZCBUcm9waWNvIHJ1biBmaW5lLCBob3dldmVyIHcBMAEBAQE-
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.166.601
Message-ID: <1384922761.87956.YahooMailNeo@web161605.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:46:01 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: Chief Chainsaw <bcmcpo_chief_chainsaw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Tropico Trilogy Pack
To: "support@kalypsomedia.com" <support@kalypsomedia.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-UI-Loop: V01:2EtkTv6lGf0=:QvbWgDXNuiFazgp2W+vikfEO58oeTZCsm+eFOQ5VrcIl
3Tpbo/N4AfnYHts3Zas4JjAL+iAdEpFEelFW7ihSD5azHhJkcptM2Km8ZD/fCzI=
(20-11-2013, 07:34 PM)ChiefChainsaw Wrote: considering I copy-pasted your posting of it... I'm relatively sure I didn't misspell it.

Mail Delivery System
To Me

well, the place that is getting bounced is not listed as support@kalypsomedia.com I do not know if mail is being forwarded or not..

I suggest, instead of Copy/paste, Just type

support@kaylpsomedia.com into a mail program and see what happens.. there might be hidden characters you are transferring..

You are getting a "this message is marked as spam error" Not sure why that would be..

If you are having troubles with the manuals, A quick trip over to steam, you can DL any of them. I am not sure why they are not on the disk. I own T3 disks, and they have them. I do not know if more recent disks have been published that are different.
there's pdf manuals in multiple languages on one of the discs what there isn't is any kind of insert, paper manual, or anything with the serial number or key

(20-11-2013, 11:40 PM)Tropije Wrote:
(20-11-2013, 07:34 PM)ChiefChainsaw Wrote: considering I copy-pasted your posting of it... I'm relatively sure I didn't misspell it.

Mail Delivery System
To Me

well, the place that is getting bounced is not listed as support@kalypsomedia.com I do not know if mail is being forwarded or not..

I suggest, instead of Copy/paste, Just type

support@kaylpsomedia.com into a mail program and see what happens.. there might be hidden characters you are transferring..

You are getting a "this message is marked as spam error" Not sure why that would be..

If you are having troubles with the manuals, A quick trip over to steam, you can DL any of them. I am not sure why they are not on the disk. I own T3 disks, and they have them. I do not know if more recent disks have been published that are different.
are you still unable to contact support? If so do you have a back up e-mail you can use? I have had issues from time to time with mine.. trying to send something a few days later and it went through.