Patrician 4 basic data
I am ready to launch.

The last 2 month I worked on a excel sheet that contains all needed basic data to play P4.

In this collection I tried to put together the basic data needed to play P4, especially for players who did not play P2 or P3. For a "newbie" especially the information about what a city can produce and to which prices you should buy and sell are essential. Also the information what materials in which quantities are needed to build a ship in the shipyard are needed, because the yard you order to build a ship will need them, if you want to have the ship build. Than there is the information you will need for an advanced game, to build up the hanseatic league to full scale. This information is recommended by players who have collected some experience already. For that reason I have listed the information about the production and the distribution, and also for the travel times to calculate an automatic distribution and production system.

You will find the information in the following order:
1'st Table: Town production
2'nd Table: Price Table
3'rd Table: Ship build informations
4'th Table: Travel times
5'th Table: Mediterranean trading posts
6'th Table: Production scales of the facilities
7'th Table: Need and production
8'th Table: Planing a full scale "Hanse"

I made 3 Excel files:

If you have Excel 5.0 to Excel 95 you should download the 5-95 file.

If you have Excel 97 to Excel 2003 you should download the 97 to 2003 file.

And if you have Excel 2007 to 2010 you should download the Excel 2010 file.

I hope that answers a lot of the questions you have about P4 and will help you to make more profit in the game.

So have fun and prosper

Hein
[Image: http://gamingmindsstudios.com/GM_Buddy/a..._buddy.png]
"There is nothing more horrible than a won battle. Except a lost one." (Wellington after Waterloo)
Awesome, the new manual! TYVM Smile
Thanks bagaluth, that answers several question I still had by building up the complete Hanse.....

The links in the post above will be active for only 365 days.

So i post two other locations where you may download the files.

Thank's to Josch there is a Link where you may download all 6 versions (german and english) in a zip file. On www.patrizier-fan.de.

And thanks to Charlotte from the Patrizierforum.net you will be able to download all versions as a single file or as a zip here.

Hein
"There is nothing more horrible than a won battle. Except a lost one." (Wellington after Waterloo)
Brilliant. Once again you have spent much time and effort for us. I have a 2 monitor system (quad-SLI) and I play game on one, and have spreadsheet open on the other. TYVM
Very useful information. Thanks for all the work involved.
Stickied due to popular demand. How this thread can have less than 5 stars is beyond me. Awesome job. Bagaluth!
Not to bring down a very outstanding job, but....

just in case someone runs into a minor error like forgetting to add a certain good as resource to a city's production, can it be reported here or do you rather have it by PM?

Asking 'coz in the Excell 2010 file it looks as if salt if forgotten as resource for stockfish production in Bergen.

But like I said, I won't bring down a very outstanding job. Wink

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!
(21-12-2010, 07:22 PM)Thorin Oakshield Wrote: Not to bring down a very outstanding job, but....

... it looks as if salt if forgotten as resource for stockfish production in Bergen.

But like I said, I won't bring down a very outstanding job. Wink

Thorin Smile

No, it's Stavanger where salt isn't mentioned. *duckdownandaway*
Enjoy the Night
Nachtschatten

Die letzte Stimme, die man hört, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die Stimme eines Experten sein, der sagt: „Das ist technisch unmöglich.“
(Peter Ustinov)
THX

Please PN me or post mistakes here.

Do it in the following way:

Name of file:
Sheet name:
Error / mistake discription:

BTW: I am looking for gamers who speak french, italian, spain and potugisean and want to help translating the basic data and the files i work on at the moment, into their mother language, so players with that native language who don't speak eglish can make use of that files, too.

If you like to help please write a e-mail to Bagaluth@gmx.net.
PS: It would be good to tell me which excel version you use.
Why the need for newer Excel formats anyway? The Excel95 format works perfectly fine with the latest version of Excel and you are not using any special features of Excel2010, so why not get rid of the redundancy?
(22-12-2010, 01:11 PM)Timo Wrote: Why the need for newer Excel formats anyway? The Excel95 format works perfectly fine with the latest version of Excel and you are not using any special features of Excel2010, so why not get rid of the redundancy?

It depends on the settings. I could go with a Excel 2000 format for all. But if you open a Excel sheet from a not compatible version the formulars and the settings for the fields will be changed if you accidently save the file while opened. Than you will have to readjust the fields with lots of text and all tables will be standard width. Also sometimes the formulars will be changed to numbers and therefor will be lost.

I use Excel 2010 myself and convert to Excel 2000 to work with other gamers. So the corrections and added data in my final versions where compsed of Excel 5.0 to Excel 2010 data. I therefor created a new file from 2010 imported the tables and saved the file in 2010 and in a 98 to 2003 compatible version. That i opened with Excel 2000 and saved it again. After correcting all settings i saved again and saved a 5.0 to 95 compatible version. Opened that with one of my old notebooks in Excel 95 and did the same. It is a service for users with old versions, so they don't have to adjust all the text fields and tabel width.

The error in the filees is:

Table: Town production
Settings for: Stavanger
needed goods for production: honey and salt are wrong

I marked honey instead of salt.

I will not correct the files at this moment. If the tables i work on at the moment are ready to be published i will add them and correct all errors that will be found till than.

Hein
@Bagaluth

Or "Merchants" can download the MSOFFICE Compatibility pack(s) depending on language and version.

For example:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

Jup, but i can't expect all "Merchants" to know that nor even to do that. But thanks for the link.

Hein
@Bagaluth
I am joining this forum especially to add a thank you for all your hard work. I'm hoping to learn to love Patrician IV as much as I loved P3.
Very nice work, I just discovered this thread today hehehe....
what you want isn't always what you need and what you get isn't always what you want, deal with it!
[Image: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/NDebN/sig1.jpg]
Pretty please, Don’t you ever, ever feel like you're less than perfect
Extra Awsome / Thx and many thx
Hi Bagaluth!

Italian/Spanish Patrician IV manual shows this list:

[Image: http://legaanseatica.altervista.org/_alt...raneo2.jpg]

it's different from the list of patrician4-fansite.de website.

what is wrong? for me it's right the patrician4-fansite.de one, although I have found other cities, for example Marseille

pay attention: produce = produces / richiede = requires
thats an interesting manual
never seen that list printed
is that some sort of strategy guide?
@Xelaehtgre:
My mediterranean map is missing one town: Tunis.
All the other towns are already listed: Smirne = Izmir.

In my eyes the above shown table has many wrong allocations - is it an official table, I hope not!
Well it would be nice if you e-mail the manual to me.

As it looks the manual shows all 25 med TP while the list i published in the basic date has only 20 listed.

But your list has some towns in it, that trade no spices. And that can't be true. All TP's trade spices. Only cloth and wine are the goods that distingish the towns on the sell option or the buy option if you see it from the traders point.

Hein
(06-02-2011, 01:14 PM)Bagaluth Wrote: Well it would be nice if you e-mail the manual to me.

As it looks the manual shows all 25 med TP while the list i published in the basic date has only 20 listed.

But your list has some towns in it, that trade no spices. And that can't be true. All TP's trade spices. Only cloth and wine are the goods that distingish the towns on the sell option or the buy option if you see it from the traders point.

Hein

@Bagaluth: you can download pdf file here

I suppose that FX interactive (the italian/spanish publisher) has exchanged spices and wine on the list

@fager: I believe that cities in Mediterranean are twentyfive, not twenty: there are also Barcellona, Marseille, Suez, Tunis and Nador

for the moment I have founded Marseille and no other ones
@Xelaehtgre:
I have 24 town on my Mediterranean Sea map. Alexandria + Suez are located very close together and have the same goods allocation, so I listed them together.
Just Tunis is missing, which I will add as soon as I found it myself or get an ingame screenshot - I don't "trust" the excerpt postet by you Wink
(06-02-2011, 07:02 PM)fager Wrote: @Xelaehtgre:
I have 24 town on my Mediterranean Sea map. Alexandria + Suez are located very close together and have the same goods allocation, so I listed them together.
Just Tunis is missing, which I will add as soon as I found it myself or get an ingame screenshot - I don't "trust" the excerpt postet by you Wink

I have found Tunis:
[Image: http://legaanseatica.altervista.org/_alt.../Tunis.JPG]

I'm a lucky man! Big Grin
Ok i have the mistake in the italean list. All citys with cloth and wine are citys with cloth and spices. The goods the citys want to buy from you seam to be ok, only the offer is wrong.

Hein
Ok i am working on the new basic data sheet for P4 AddOn.

The tables are finished.

At the moment i work on the translation from german to english.

So in two to three weeks there may be a new version that include the new citys, landtrade and some other aspects to download.

Hein
(11-04-2011, 12:04 AM)Bagaluth Wrote: Ok i am working on the new basic data sheet for P4 AddOn.

The tables are finished.

So in two to three weeks there may be a new version that include the new citys, landtrade and some other aspects to download.

Hein

Hein, take your time! We all very much appriciate the enormous amount of research you are willing to do for the community so a few days more ore less won't matter.
(11-04-2011, 12:04 AM)Bagaluth Wrote: Ok i am working on the new basic data sheet for P4 AddOn.

The tables are finished.

Hein

Oh, sounds good!

Can I help you for translate in italian?

Smile
I am new to this game and have reached the stage where I can start a courtship but I do not know how to store goods in my counting house can you help
Thanks
John
(06-05-2011, 11:08 PM)johnmcg03 Wrote: I am new to this game and have reached the stage where I can start a courtship but I do not know how to store goods in my counting house can you help
Thanks
John

If you have an administrator working for you, you can order him to stockpile goods.
All you need to do is to select the goods you want to stockpile in the Selling part of the counting houses trade screen. Type the amount you want to stockpile in the box and select the small lock in front of the box.
By activating the lock you order your captains to leave that specific amount of goods in the countinghouse, while you also tell your administrator to keep them in your countinghouse at all time, meaning he will sell up to that amount.

The reason why you shouldn't set the amount in the buying selection, is that you need to increase the amount you want to buy, if the city is producing the goods and you're picking them up to have your captains selling them in other cities.

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!