Patrician IV Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.3 only!)
Please use this thread to report gameplay and technical bugs you encounter with Patrician IV updated to version 1.3 only.
Not sure if this is a bug - this is a situation. In Lubect architect shows that 20 wood is missing (for building a salter) and shipyard shows that 60 wood missing (for building a ship). So I bring 100 wood to Lubeck, sell it manually. A day passes - the sold wood disappers from the market but nothing changes - still 20 wood needed by the architect and 60 wood by the shipyard.
Lubeck needs wood also for production! (Salt, iron goods)
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Can't get Gamersgate patch to work! Game crashes on start.
(18-12-2010, 09:23 AM)goodwood Wrote: Can't get Gamersgate patch to work! Game crashes on start.

Same here.
Game always worked fine.
I reinstalled it, patched it with patch 1.3 from gamergate, reactivated it.
The game starts, I see the logos and then CTD...

Any idea?
same as in update 1.2: in the english version, the name of the tavern and the name of the starting ship are in german. that's not a big thing, but it it was signaled a version ago several times, it's not very professionnal to leave it uncorrected...
(18-12-2010, 10:38 PM)toasteur Wrote: same as in update 1.2: in the english version, the name of the tavern and the name of the starting ship are in german. that's not a big thing, but it it was signaled a version ago several times, it's not very professionnal to leave it uncorrected...

I believe the names of the taverns and ships are supposed to truly reflect the names of that time era and geographic regions. For example, Edinburgh's (spelled Edinborough today) tavern is called the Scot Pub (appropriately) and Luebeck's is called "Zum Krahennnest" (appropriately named in German as Luebeck is a German town). The names of the ships are also just that, names. Again randomly chosen dependant on where your home city is.
(17-12-2010, 04:09 PM)Gnida Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug - this is a situation. In Lubect architect shows that 20 wood is missing (for building a salter) and shipyard shows that 60 wood missing (for building a ship). So I bring 100 wood to Lubeck, sell it manually. A day passes - the sold wood disappers from the market but nothing changes - still 20 wood needed by the architect and 60 wood by the shipyard.

The "Architect" will display how much building materials are required (Wood/Brick) for building but there is the requirement for production and only then buildings. Materials are allocated in the order the buildings were started. Then finally the shipyard gets it's share.

I believe the names of the taverns and ships are supposed to truly reflect the names of that time era and geographic regions. For example, Edinburgh's (spelled Edinborough today) tavern is called the Scot Pub (appropriately) and Luebeck's is called "Zum Krahennnest" (appropriately named in German as Luebeck is a German town). The names of the ships are also just that, names. Again randomly chosen dependant on where your home city is.
[/quote]

It looks like no matter where you start your first ship is "Seemowe". I've not seen any other starting names. Having just started a game in every city to check - now that's sad.
(18-12-2010, 11:59 PM)Maestro Keio Wrote:
(18-12-2010, 10:38 PM)toasteur Wrote: same as in update 1.2: in the english version, the name of the tavern and the name of the starting ship are in german. that's not a big thing, but it it was signaled a version ago several times, it's not very professionnal to leave it uncorrected...

I agree with Maestro Keio. Why should a Hansa ship coming from Bergen, Rostock or Thorn or a tavern in Hamburg, Riga or Visby have an English name? It would not fit in my opinion.
But you can be sure to find English names in London, Edinburgh and the other English towns/cities and there it makes sense.

As Maestro Keio said, it reflects the regions this game takes place in.

You can (also) find danish/swedish and slavonic names when you have a look at all the convois passing by and when visiting the taverns.

But you can change the names of your convois ingame to what ever you want.

Btw.: In the times of the Hansa the correspondence of the merchants dealing with partners from other countries was in Latin and I'm glad that this is not the ingame language!

In the times of the Hansa
Enjoy the Night
Nachtschatten

Die letzte Stimme, die man hört, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die Stimme eines Experten sein, der sagt: „Das ist technisch unmöglich.“
(Peter Ustinov)
[/quote]

The "Architect" will display how much building materials are required (Wood/Brick) for building but there is the requirement for production and only then buildings. Materials are allocated in the order the buildings were started. Then finally the shipyard gets it's share.

Still it works quite weird. Another example - I order a new house in Lubeck. At this moment there is 445 wood available on the market and 0 brick. Architect shows that I need 10 wood and 58 brick.

Still it works quite weird. Another example - I order a new house in Lubeck. At this moment there is 445 wood available on the market and 0 brick. Architect shows that I need 10 wood and 58 brick.
[/quote]

I don't think this is a bug - but it is a worthy of airing so I've started a THREAD -
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=7562

TIMO - if you wish you can remove the posts relating to this from the "BUG" thread.
Aha, finally got it to work I d/l the game and patches again and remove the old version and installed game and patches in numerical order. Bingo it now works.
I've installed this patch and it appears this new error: often when I've just finished to plan an automatic route, the game tell me "trade route cancelled". There isn't any errors in the planning of the route (i've controlled the route much time and I've tried it on many different routes)
(21-12-2010, 03:07 AM)bottefede Wrote: I've installed this patch and it appears this new error: often when I've just finished to plan an automatic route, the game tell me "trade route cancelled". There isn't any errors in the planning of the route (i've controlled the route much time and I've tried it on many different routes)

One of the fixes for patch 1.3 is the following:

- Added option to skip cities (frozen harbor, full convoy or empty convoy and none of the commodities served)
- Added notification for interrupted trade route

Is it possible these circumstances apply to your route and it is automatically cancelled?
No, I'm sure that all the cities of my trade route are in a good state and that there are commodities on the convoy to trade.

I also have this problem with the new patch: it appears when I try to save a route. The game stop works, and it freezes on the screen of the trade route save. I need to use the windows' task manager to close it.
(21-12-2010, 04:31 AM)Maestro Keio Wrote:
(21-12-2010, 03:07 AM)bottefede Wrote: I've installed this patch and it appears this new error: often when I've just finished to plan an automatic route, the game tell me "trade route cancelled". There isn't any errors in the planning of the route (i've controlled the route much time and I've tried it on many different routes)

One of the fixes for patch 1.3 is the following:

- Added option to skip cities (frozen harbor, full convoy or empty convoy and none of the commodities served)
- Added notification for interrupted trade route

Is it possible these circumstances apply to your route and it is automatically cancelled?

It already does.
Last night my circular route skipped my hometown because the port was frozen. It did visit the other towns in the route, however.

Thorin Smile
Ships sail towards the port, get stuck outside

Have you checked the ships in the convoy??

If you have a cog or any other large ship in a convoy, which has a river town in the route, the route gets cancelled too.

Only exceptions are river-cogs, which were a DLC for some versions of this game. Could it be the patch messed up with the difference between cogs & river-cog again, like it did with a previous version??

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!
I'm sure. I use cog only for the expedition in mediterranean sea.. I don't like them so much Big Grin
Every time I start the game, I get a "Visual C++ Runtime error". Link to screenshot
After clicking at [OK], the game launches without any problem.

Only thing I get after the game has completely started is a small colored box with "img" in it right above the menu. If not mistaken that box used to have the "Patrician IV" image before.

Thorin Smile

(21-12-2010, 01:12 PM)Thorin Oakshield Wrote: Only exceptions are river-cogs, which were a DLC for some versions of this game. Could it be the patch messed up with the difference between cogs & river-cog again, like it did with a previous version??

Thorin Smile

river cogs are not a DLC. You can develope them in the university!Wink
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
I Have the same problem of Thorin in the first game screen.

But nobody has the same my problem? I can't save my trade route with this patch. Is it only a my problem?
(21-12-2010, 02:39 PM)Dorimil Wrote:
(21-12-2010, 01:12 PM)Thorin Oakshield Wrote: Only exceptions are river-cogs, which were a DLC for some versions of this game. Could it be the patch messed up with the difference between cogs & river-cog again, like it did with a previous version??

Thorin Smile

river cogs are not a DLC. You can develope them in the university!Wink

No offence, but you should read my comment better. I said "in some versions of this game", because there's a boxed version, a GG (= Gamersgate) version, a Steam version and many more versions.
What I meant was that with the Steam version of this game, the river-cogs were added as DLC if the game was pre-ordered.
Those who pre-ordered the game from Gamersgate, got P3 for free and it's assumable those pre-ordering the game at another download site, got something else for free.

My point was, that users having Steam's pre-order DLC had problems with the River-cogs with a previous (if not mistaken the 1.1.3) patch, resulting in a hotfix for them.

Therefore it can be very likely that the current patch messed up the same thing as it did before; thus resulting in river cogs being seen as cogs and thus cancelling the route.

Leaves me with only one question for bottefedde:

"Do you have any river-cog in your fleet?"
If you do, remove them and see if you can activate the route then.
If you don't; never mind the question.

Thorin Smile
ok...never mind...

i thought of the CE as "other versions" (that i have got). There you get the River Cog as first ship, when starting a new Game.
No, I think that the problem with this patch, regarding automatic trade route, are these:

1 - this is the biggest problem in my opinion. With this patch I can't save trade route. It is very very annoying. Nobody of you has this problem?

2 - when you plan a trade route and your convoy isn't in the first city of the route should appear the error and the trade route doesn't work. I've noticed that the convoy try to do the action formulate for the first city of the route in the city where it is at the start of the trade route (when you click on the checkbox).
For example: my convoy is at Visby. I order it to do a trade route starting from Aalborg, boarding 50 salts. Now, when I click on the checkbox to start the trade route there are two possibility
A) if there are 50 salts in visby, the convoy board them and then it starts to do the route in the correct way (boarding salts at Aalborg).
B) if there isn't any salts in visby, the game give the error and the trade route doesn't start, in spite of there are 50 salts in Aalborg.

I hope I've been clear in my explanation, in spite of my bad english.

Please tell me if these are only my problems or if you have the same ones.
I've noticed that too. Here's my example:

My ship is in Malmo. I create a trade route starting in Lubeck. When I activated it, it loaded up from Malmo and then went to Lubeck and loaded up again. Once the route was completed, it performed as planned.
Don't be afraid of success.
I have been noticing that the cities list is VERY touchy. What i mean is this: Many times, when selecting another city in the list for the purpose of changing the trade options, when i let go of the mouse button, the city jumps to the top of the list. I might be ever so slightly moving the mouse as i'm clicking, but it seems to be WAY too sensitive. I wouldn't even mind seeing a "Move Up/Move Down" set of buttons to control city order to ensure errant mouse click/drags don't mess up the order.

~Mozleron
(22-12-2010, 05:16 AM)Mozleron Wrote: I have been noticing that the cities list is VERY touchy. What i mean is this: Many times, when selecting another city in the list for the purpose of changing the trade options, when i let go of the mouse button, the city jumps to the top of the list. I might be ever so slightly moving the mouse as i'm clicking, but it seems to be WAY too sensitive. I wouldn't even mind seeing a "Move Up/Move Down" set of buttons to control city order to ensure errant mouse click/drags don't mess up the order.

~Mozleron

Is your mouse control problem similar to that reported here >>
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=7141
I have the same impression of mozleron. Often when I click on a city to change its trade option, this one move itself on the top of the list.

And for the trade route save? No one of you has the same problem?
I''ve seen that if I search for the directory where the trade route are saved (autoroute) on my HD, I find some file of old trade route
(used with past patch). But if I try to load, during the game, a trade route, the directory seems empty.

However, in these days (without the possibility to save the route) I have noticed that a button wich allow to apply the same order to all the city in the list of automatic trade route would be very very useful! Isn't possible to insert it in the next patch?
I've solved the problem of saving route. I've deleted those files wich were in "autoroute" directory and now the saving function works correctly.

I'm sorry to have annoied you with a my own problem, that probably wasn't related with this patch but with a specific file error.

Thank you
Very minor issue but it has been flagged elsewhere.

Blutch Wrote:
Same problem.
I launch the game in 1.3, I can see Kalypso and Games minds video.
I can see the home page but behind the menu I have go a square with 'img" inside.

I think the Rainbow square with :IMG is a graphic call gone wrong. I have it too - no game effect at all. Looks like a place holder for a image that the code can't find or is mis spelt.
(23-12-2010, 08:40 PM)Blutch Wrote: My game is good in 1.0.
When I patch to 1.3, it crashes before the game menu.

I send my dxduag here : http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...574&page=2

Are you sure you're also updating with the 1.1.3 and 1.2 patch?

The 1.3 patch isn't a cumulative one, so missing out on the fixes of the previous patches might cause the crashes.

I'm not sure if it's possible with your version, but perhaps it's a good idea to check the older patch threads for links where to find the 1.1.3 and 1.2 patches and manually download and install them.

Thorin Smile

(22-12-2010, 07:44 PM)billyplod Wrote: Very minor issue but it has been flagged elsewhere.

Blutch Wrote:
Same problem.
I launch the game in 1.3, I can see Kalypso and Games minds video.
I can see the home page but behind the menu I have go a square with 'img" inside.

I think the Rainbow square with :IMG is a graphic call gone wrong. I have it too - no game effect at all. Looks like a place holder for a image that the code can't find or is mis spelt.

Hello,

I have the same "IMG:" thing above the main menu options (after all patches are installed). What could be the problem? Is any solution?

Thx!