Kalypso Launcher: Information and FAQ (EN)
(11-05-2012, 11:46 AM)RobeN Wrote: And what about playing with Internet OFF? Most of games just want to get Serial Number then and you do not have to register.

Quote:... if your PC is offline:

- After install and when starting the game for the first time, you will be asked for your product key.

There is no user registration required in offline mode.
I bought the game to play on a plane where I won't have web access. As far as I can tell, I need web access to get the game started. How can I bypass this? If I know it will work without the web element, then I may consider buying the DLC as well.
You do not need to be online.
IF you are online while your first use you just have to set up an online account with email address and password (and type in the serial code). IF you are not online while your first use you just have to fill in the serial key.

And whenever you are not online the game will normally start. So you can play wherever you are.
(12-05-2012, 01:54 PM)Walt Wrote: You do not need to be online.
IF you are online while your first use you just have to set up an online account with email address and password (and type in the serial code). IF you are not online while your first use you just have to fill in the serial key.

And whenever you are not online the game will normally start. So you can play wherever you are.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Been a fan since the very first Tropico game! Wink
I bought the game from Amazon for my PC on Windows 7. I installed the game but it never went online or asked me to register. I also bought Modern Times from Amazon and it gave me the code but I don't have anywhere to enter the code. The game never goes online even though I'm connected to the internet. Can I please get some help?
(12-05-2012, 01:54 PM)Walt Wrote: You do not need to be online.

I wouldn't advise it. I purchased the download, "special features" for Patrician and when something went wrong, what I do not know, couldn't ever use it again on the computer it was downloaded to. And my repeated emails went unanswered ... and my purchase price wasted.

Buy the disc -- or nothing.

No help from the seller at all. Sad
Could Kalypso please add an option in the Launcher to "Skip registration/play offline"? It's pretty ridiculous that the only way to avoid having to create an account with you for my legally purchased Steam game is to disconnect my internet every time I play.

I'm getting pretty tired of having to submit my email address to every game publisher for every game I want to play, which provides more opportunity for spam and security risks.

If you will not add an option like that, then could you provide me with the IP addresses of your activation servers? This way I can add them to my firewall manually. Thank you.
set the launcher on the "black list" of your firewall...

but then you will get no more updates to every kalypso game...and spam? i registered two years ago and have recieved 8 mails since then... Wink
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
(13-08-2012, 02:10 PM)Dorimil Wrote: set the launcher on the "black list" of your firewall...

but then you will get no more updates to every kalypso game...and spam? i registered two years ago and have recieved 8 mails since then... Wink

Do you know how to add them to the black list on Windows Firewall? I am using Win XP Pro 32-bit and I don't see an option for a "blacklist" anywhere. I also have PeerBlock but I don't know what IP address Kalypso's servers are at.

And I won't mind the lack of Kalypso updates a bit. I can't imagine I'll ever own one of their games that isn't on Steam, anyway. I'm more worried about security than spam - having my email address out there with a hundred different companies is that many opportunities to have it breached.
every firewall should have point where you can manage the access of all *.exe. There you can allow or deny the access to the internet for each application. this is different to each firewall, so i can only describe it in general, sorry...

security issue:
1st maybe kalypso is too small to be interesting to be hacked. the possibility at Steam is much higher...
2nd i never use for registering games my normal email. you can have a lot email adresses, without any problem and manage them with tools like thunderbird. so if one of them got hacked, i dont have to care...
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
(14-08-2012, 05:37 PM)Dorimil Wrote: every firewall should have point where you can manage the access of all *.exe. There you can allow or deny the access to the internet for each application. this is different to each firewall, so i can only describe it in general, sorry...

security issue:
1st maybe kalypso is too small to be interesting to be hacked. the possibility at Steam is much higher...
2nd i never use for registering games my normal email. you can have a lot email adresses, without any problem and manage them with tools like thunderbird. so if one of them got hacked, i dont have to care...

I guess it may not be possible with Windows Firewall then. If anyone else here knows a way to do this please let me know.
i know a lot of people using it and dont have problems like that, so it must be possible! Wink
but i do not use it, so i cant help in detail, sorry
(15-08-2012, 04:43 PM)Dorimil Wrote: i know a lot of people using it and dont have problems like that, so it must be possible! Wink
but i do not use it, so i cant help in detail, sorry

It could be that it's possible generally but not with the Kalypso Launcher specifically. I looked up online tutorials on how to prevent programs from accessing the internet in Windows Firewall. After following all of the instructions though, the Launcher still came up with the account creation screen when I ran it.

Some of those tutorials hint that many programs can bypass or rewrite firewall rules, so I would assume that's what Kalypso is doing. Ideally, if I can find the IP addresses for their servers, I can avoid all of the trouble.
The launcher seems to be very slow on downloads. Do you have any suggestions on changes that I can make to speed up my d/l speed? I've disabled my a/v and firewall to no avail. It is taking me over 6 hours to download modern times (for the 3rd time). The downloads (the 3 that I have tried) have been on different days and times over the last 10 days, there seems to be no difference on the d/l speed based on the various day/times I have tried. I normally only take 45 mins for a file that size (645M).

Is there a site where I could go and download the add-on file separately? This would at least allow me to play tropico 4 while downloading; as it is now I can only download the add-on, or pause it to play.

Many thanks, Dave
Hello,

I bought dungeons the dark lord, but the game is not english and the options are not working properly so that I can change it. It said in the forums that it is fixed in the update but I can not update the game.

Everytime I launch the game, there are some trailers which I pass. Then I enter my pass and name and the only option I get is launch the game. The game does not update automatically infact it is 1.1.1 version right now.
Is there a solution to this problem, the game is unplayable for me right now.

Thanks alot
It's only one additional click. Besides, the Launcher windows offers functionality for redeeming DLC codes for additional content.
Hello, I am also not receiving the confirmation email after registering through the launcher (Tropico 4). I have requested the email to be resent several times but no luck. I am in Australia and my provider is Bigpond, my ISP does not block emails and I received the confirmation email for these forums almost immediately. Any help would be apprciated
(11-03-2013, 01:09 PM)Navig8or Wrote: Hello, I am also not receiving the confirmation email after registering through the launcher (Tropico 4). I have requested the email to be resent several times but no luck. I am in Australia and my provider is Bigpond, my ISP does not block emails and I received the confirmation email for these forums almost immediately. Any help would be apprciated

Neverrmid, just received the confirmation and activated. All working now
(24-07-2011, 06:06 PM)Timo Wrote: Please note we now have a website in place that allows you to register a new account and redeem product keys:

http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com/

If you are planning to purchase any of our future titles, you can get the registration process out of the way now and use your credentials to log right into the game one release day.

http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com/
Site appears to be in need of an update or "script overhaul" as it says that :
"You are using an unsupported and old version of Internet Explorer (Version 7)- please upgrade at least to version 8.0 or use an alternative browser such as Firefox, Opera or Chrome. "
Even though I ofcourse already have I.E.8 installed..
(18-01-2011, 10:43 AM)Timo Wrote: Q: Will I be able to sell the game along with the product key?
A: Yes! However, you will need to contact our email support (see game manual) in order to release the product key from your online account so it can be used for a new registration.

I don't understand this >.<
Are you actually supporting second hand gaming? That's nice.
that is correct! Wink
Having read this thread ; "Product Key Already in Use" , then a thought just sprung to my mind...

I went to http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com and logged in with my email and password . So when logged in I get three three menu choices :
1) a shopping basket icon with name Content.
2) an icon with a plus sign and with name Redeem Code .
3) an icon with a down arrow and with name Your downloads..

Now here comes the funy thing :
Where the heck is the list of products registered to the email address that I used to login with ?
I mean wouldn't it be nice, when logged in at http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com , to be able to see what products are tied to what email address ?
(24-06-2013, 10:15 AM)FiatLux Wrote: I mean wouldn't it be nice, when logged in at http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com , to be able to see what products are tied to what email address ?

That's a work-in-progress item on our list of improvements for the Kalypso Launcher website. In the meantime, you can contact support@kalypsomedia.com if you want to check the DLCs purchased for your account.
(24-06-2013, 10:33 AM)Timo Wrote:
(24-06-2013, 10:15 AM)FiatLux Wrote: I mean wouldn't it be nice, when logged in at http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com , to be able to see what products are tied to what email address ?

That's a work-in-progress item on our list of improvements for the Kalypso Launcher website. In the meantime, you can contact support@kalypsomedia.com if you want to check the DLCs purchased for your account.

Thanks ! , that is good news that Kalypso Media can see the need for an improvement.
Since I have never bought any products directly at http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com , but all through third party sites like GamersGate , SteamPowered an other places then I were more interested in knowing if everything that I had tied to Kalypso Laucher were correctly tied to my new email address and that nothing by fault or forgetfullness were stranded at my old email address....
But since http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com seem to not recognize my old email address anymore then I guess that all my stuff have been moved to the new email address...
It is not something that I without proper cause would waste Kalypso Media support time on. However , I thought it a good idea to mention here that a http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com site function such as a list of all the stuff that I had registered to the email address that I use would be nice to have.

Great to see that Kalypso Media have spotted that.... Smile
(14-08-2012, 05:37 PM)Dorimil Wrote: security issue:

No matter the company size then I expect my personal data - including such as email address - to be kept in a secure manner that makes it hard to gain access to for e.g. any hackers....
I think that we also all wants our data not not only kept safe but also have the privacy of our data respected

(14-08-2012, 05:37 PM)Dorimil Wrote: 2nd i never use for registering games my normal email. you can have a lot email adresses, without any problem and manage them with tools like thunderbird. so if one of them got hacked, i dont have to care...

I am sorry I can not agree here.
If one shops regularly , uses PayPal and other stuff , then I always uses same email address for any purpose if I think that the company is a serious and trustworthy company.
I consider Kalypso Media a trustworthy company in the sense that I do not think that they consciously would abuse any personal data handed to them.
But your idea to use alternate email adresses for different things when shopping for and using games is really no good as that makes a potential breach of coherence I think.
So the email address I give to a *trustworthy* company is the same I hand to the goverment of my country....
Ofcourse I have a seperate email address that I give to friends and yet another I can give to companies I don't trust and a bunch of aliases for where I expect to be spammed....
They are using steam, but are pissed off by this launcher? Funny.
Espacially when you see people complaining about DRM and telling everybody that they are an "anti DRM guy" while using steam.

I cannot take this seriously.
(17-07-2013, 01:24 AM)Larnak Wrote: They are using steam, but are pissed off by this launcher? Funny.
Espacially when you see people complaining about DRM and telling everybody that they are an "anti DRM guy" while using steam.

I don't think that I personally have complained that much over the Kalypso Launcher- if I have complained (can not remember exactly) - and having seen that Kalypso Media Digital uses the Launcher to provide content and update sort of independently of where one have bought the game then I kind of understand Kalypso Media. The major problem for customers with companies that uses any sort of DRM to deliver any kind of content or to provide the game itself as e.g. Steam does is that customers not only gets to be completely in the pocket of the company but also customer comes to rely on the very survival of the company to be ensured that customer can have content delivered...
This kind of issues / potential issues made me suggest at the Steam forums that a sort of worldwide company independent digital repository organisation were founded where people could have registered their license / ownership of rights to their copy of any product with the purpose of always securing that the customer could redownload what they had bought - also in the case where a company would no longer support the game.
That discussion quickly got very ugly with some extremely unpleasent abusive users in the forum....
I am not out to start any kind of discussion here over that again I just wish to make clear that I certainly can understand some peoples concerns.

As for the "Anti DRM" then I myself strongly support the DRM free initiative of e.g. GOG.com. I got 500 games at GOG.com , I support the company and I think that only low life would pirate their generally fairly and nicely priced games....

As for Steam then I originally were not a Steam user and didn't want to have anything to do with them. But people forget in that discussion that Steam is not only a down load service but a method of DRM in itself. So I got Steam shoved down my throat with a physical DVD game I bought hat used Steam as DRM , so I later found out that the physical box were sort of an illusion as what I had bought were a Steam redeemable code and a DVD that might or might not contain some of what needed to be downloaded (depending on state of updates and so on) .
So if a person wants to play game X that uses Steam for DRM then one can either accept SteamPowered/Valve or stop playing PC game(s).
So though I am basically against the concept of e.g. Steam then I now have many games on Steam. Cause once one have "caved in" (been forced to use the crap) then one might as well just buy a lot of other stuff there when offer is good enough - I mean it is not like Steam is optional for all games anyway as little as Origin or Uplay are for some.....

Anyway , of course one can be against the principle of DRM and still be forced to use Steam, Origin and Uplay - at least if one wants to be able to play all modern computer games...
I will admit that e.g. Steam have advantages ,when it works, but that won't void the fact that Steam in some ways represents a major problem seen from a consumer point of view with respect to rights , consumer protection and other stuf.. (Valve did mend their EULA a little after I had made some heavy criticism because of lack of user rights, but it won't do in the end anyway)
And before anyone starts to attempt to engage me into any quarrel or major discussion over this then let me just state that I know that discussing this at the moment mostly is futile why I don't wish to participate in any major discussion on the subject....
IE11 is available as a preview version only for now. Windows 8.1 is not available until October 18. Please use a non-preview browser or operating system to view the website.

That being said, we're working on improving compatibility constantly.
(17-07-2013, 01:24 AM)Larnak Wrote: They are using steam, but are pissed off by this launcher? Funny.

Do take it seriously... some folks (like me) avoid Steam like the steaming pile that it is... but GoG.com does not sell every title, and sometimes you cannot find it elsewhere ~or you get outright tricked. I once bought a $100 collectors edition DVD for a game ~and the bastards wrapped the game in Steam and it would not install off the DVD without an online Steam connection.

I paid their fee for Disciples 3 because at the time I could not find a hard copy, and doubted that I ever would in the US ~The US is a crap market for any games that require a brain or aren't an FPS shooter. Turns out though that I did see a hard copy on the shelves... for a few weeks ~then they disappeared (likely unsold). Also I heard that the DRM on that was hideous and the disc version had problems, and I was glad that I'd not found it early, for I would have surely bought that instead of using the crappy Steam service.

** BTW I returned here to see if Kalypso ever fixed the launcher; ['fixed' as in castrated] I have never played Resurrection because of that fiasco, and was hoping they had released a patch to erase that stupid login window. I think it unconscionable to have ever required the paid customers (and ONLY the paid customers) to manualy disable their internet connection to play an offline single player game.
first of all the resaler must secure, that you can play the game. but i guess that they also dont know one which account the game is already registered.

so...contact kalypso support (support@kalypsomedia.com afair) and they probably could/would help you...