Patch 1.1 language fault
Hunter_Havoc Offline

Patch 1.1 language fault
Hey guys,

My pre-order arrived a day early and I just finished installing it.

Slight problem though, as soon as it patched to version 1.1 it's changed the entire game to German and there doesn't seem to be an option to switch it back to English!

The launcher still loads in English but as soon as it goes in game it's all german.

Is there any way I can switch it back to English this or will a proper English patch be released asap?
03-02-2011 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris@realmforge Offline
Realmforge Studios

RE: Patch 1.1 language fault
(03-02-2011 02:58 PM)Hunter_Havoc Wrote:  Is there any way I can switch it back to English this or will a proper English patch be released asap?

Please open
%appdata%\Kalypso Media\Dungeons\config.cfg
and enter
Misc.language=en
into the file.

Was the language English before installing the patch or didn't you start the game before patching?
03-02-2011 03:09 PM
Hunter_Havoc Offline

Hi Chris,

Lol I just figured that out a few moments ago! I was coming back on to post that it was ok now. Thanks for the rapid response though Smile

Yes it was in English with 1.0, I fired it up to make sure it loaded and then quit out to patch it.

I had uninstalled the German demo earlier today (rebooted after it) so it was maybe a leftover of the config file from that.

Seems to be ok now. Smile
03-02-2011 03:15 PM
Korbinian Offline
Realmforge Studios

Ah, yeah, that explains it. Demo & Retail version share the location for the config file, and the German-only demo forced the
Code:
Misc.language=de
line into the config.
03-02-2011 03:48 PM