Disappearing boats
haeal Offline

Disappearing boats
Just loaded one of my savegames, and noticed that some of my convoys have disappeared off the map. They can be found in the drop down list of all the convoys, they aren't on a journey to the mediterranean. They won't move or go into automatic trading mode when I tell them either.

Any ideas?

I would upload the save game if I could find out how.
10-03-2011 05:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

RE: Disappearing boats
Did you update your game and load an older savegame by any chance?

El Presidente on Twitter | Tropico 5 Steam Community | Tropico on Facebook
10-03-2011 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bogi Offline
BS dispenser

Hi haeal, if you haven't already. Try playing for a little while. Sometimes I lose ships when the screen needs to refresh or they get hidden by a cloud, other ship or something like that. ~Bogi

“We won't have to pat them down for guns, because we already know they've got them.” ~ Saint Jones Tongue
10-03-2011 05:18 PM
haeal Offline

(10-03-2011 01:09 PM)Timo Wrote:  Did you update your game and load an older savegame by any chance?

Not unless Steam did a stealth update. Will check when I get home.
10-03-2011 08:49 PM
Bagaluth Offline
old patrician addict

update to patch 1.3 if you haven't already.

Hein

[Image: avatar_gm_buddy.png]
"There is nothing more horrible than a won battle. Except a lost one." (Wellington after Waterloo)
10-03-2011 10:03 PM
haeal Offline

Just checked, and it's been at 1.3 for a while. Well before I lost my boats.

There's a couple of boats that have done it. I think it may have had something to do with winter and having the harbor ice over.
11-03-2011 07:43 AM
Bagaluth Offline
old patrician addict

Ah you play on "profi" Level.

Yes it is a known BUG, that sometime a convoy that has only 2 Towns to sail to, disappears into the Nirvana when the route is canceled because of a freezed harbor. To my knowledge the BUG is known, but not jet found. Meaning the reason why that happens is not jet identified. The problem is that this BUG is difficult to repeat.

For me that is another reason to use no 2 town routes. I do my distribution to my counting houses with routes that have at least 3 towns. So the routes are not canceled because of one harbourg freezing over. The moment all towns are implemented in my supplysystem all routes have 5 to 6 towns, so the routes will never be canceled.

And that way no convoy gets lost in the area between the town map and the sea map. My personal oppinion is, that this BUG allways happens, when a convoy is right on the border betweenn sea and town map, when the port freezes over. Than the convoy is struck between both maps and not accessable anymore. If the convoy has a 3'rd to 6'th destination the route will not be canceled and the convoy wil sail on to the next destination without getting stuck between the maps.

Hein

"There is nothing more horrible than a won battle. Except a lost one." (Wellington after Waterloo)
11-03-2011 08:53 AM
haeal Offline

Is there any way to get rid of the ships? I don't mind the loss of the ships, but having them constantly there is annoying.

Thanks for the information too. They were indeed convoys with 2 stops in their automated route.
11-03-2011 08:59 AM
Bagaluth Offline
old patrician addict

Sorry no way to get rid of them that i know about.

Hein

11-03-2011 11:00 AM