Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty - Bug Reports Thread (Version 2.0.4 only!)
Please use this thread to report gameplay and technical bugs you encounter with Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty updated to version 2.0.4 only.
Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
Copied from post from V2.0.3 patch and still happening in V2.0.4
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When a sea battle starts, the movement is "jerky" - Staccato. Like old black & white movies on hand cranked projectors (no I'm not that old) but it's the best way to explain. Then after 3 or 4 minutes, the movement settles down and becomes smooth.
Tried on all graphics settings LOW to VERY HIGH and effect is the same on all of them.
Running with --
Geforce GS 7900 - 256 MB and 266.58 (latest Driver)
Dual core Intel 6700 - 2.66Ghz Processor
3Gb Memory.

The Original P4 sea battles do not display this problem.
The sea is being rendered differently from P4 original the overlay tile grid is visible.
"Cloud Shadow" is an option on the Graphics TAB but no cloud shadows are displayed if the option is selected.

Also it seems that it isn't time that stops the jerky movement but increasing the game speed to 10x on the main map
and 5x in sea battles, sometimes requires several attempts , but after this speed increase, the movement returns to "normal" - ie. No "hop skipping" but smooth movement.

Anyone else try this and see what the outcome is?
I am not sure if this should be a IV bug or a RoaD bug, but I have two issues, one more important one is that I cannot install the addon. I have successfully installed and patched IV to 1.3, and then the installer for the addon thinks I do not have the game installed. This is frustrating, I got both the game and addon today from Direct2Drive.

Also minor, I get a C++ runtime error when launching the IV game, but it eventually loads and runs fine.

-Andy
I never had a problem with the game or the patches. Yesterday i bought the addon (via gamersgate) and i try to patch it to 2.04 and it gives the following error (free translation to english):

Not possible to found the entry point of procedure GetLogicalProcessorInformation in the library of dynamic hyperlink KERNEL32.dll.

If i run the addon without patch (2.0) the game starts normally. What should i do?
Bug: AI pirateships are able to fire under angles manual guided ships aren't.
Repeatability: Always
Description: During manual combat, AI pirate ships are able to fire salvo's at the player's ship under angles the player is unable to fire.
I've tested this in several manual combats and the bug shows up all the time.
It's always when the AI pirate is using a Crayer, they're able to fire salvo's at my ship, while at the same time I can't.
This even happened when both ships were sailing next to each other with about 5 mm space (at the screen) between both ships. At the time both ships had full ( 99-100%) health and neither side was reloading their weapons.

Bug: Event Video won't close after playing
Description:
Each time an event video plays, it won't close its screen after it's finished. The bug showed up after the video of a promotion in rank happened while at the same time the "advisor" showed up to explain about the following steps to advance in rank. Every event video happening after these freezes at the end of its playtime.
Saving the game and restarting it, solves the problem.

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!
(09-04-2011, 01:23 AM)andyredrum Wrote: I am not sure if this should be a IV bug or a RoaD bug, but I have two issues, one more important one is that I cannot install the addon. I have successfully installed and patched IV to 1.3, and then the installer for the addon thinks I do not have the game installed. This is frustrating, I got both the game and addon today from Direct2Drive.

Also minor, I get a C++ runtime error when launching the IV game, but it eventually loads and runs fine.

-Andy

Sounds like they (D2D) have a problem with their installer - get some diagnostics in terms of directory P4 installed to - then see where the addon thinks it is installing to. If your installer is trying a different install directory then you may be able to select the correct one. Then raise a support ticket with D2D.
These guys are perfect - they do make mistakes.

for the C++ runtime error Uninstall the game completely - then reinstall if you still have the error then post what it says.
(09-04-2011, 10:27 AM)slkslk Wrote: I never had a problem with the game or the patches. Yesterday i bought the addon (via gamersgate) and i try to patch it to 2.04 and it gives the following error (free translation to english):

Not possible to found the entry point of procedure GetLogicalProcessorInformation in the library of dynamic hyperlink KERNEL32.dll.

If i run the addon without patch (2.0) the game starts normally. What should i do?

Two things to look at:-
First - Is your original game from GAMERSGATE? The Digital Rights Management (DRM) may be different if it isn't - TIMO has suggest that this could be a problem in this THREAD
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=8946

Second:- If you running WINDOWS XP you need to be on Service Pack 3 (SP3) - MICROSOFT recommendation for all KERNEL32.DLL errors.
Quote:
(09-04-2011, 10:27 AM)slkslk Wrote: I never had a problem with the game or the patches. Yesterday i bought the addon (via gamersgate) and i try to patch it to 2.04 and it gives the following error (free translation to english):

Two things to look at:-
First - Is your original game from GAMERSGATE? The Digital Rights Management (DRM) may be different if it isn't - TIMO has suggest that this could be a problem in this THREAD
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=8946

Second:- If you running WINDOWS XP you need to be on Service Pack 3 (SP3) - MICROSOFT recommendation for all KERNEL32.DLL errors.

Thank you very much billyplod! Big Grin I update to the sp3 and the error was corrected! Looking forward to trade again!
Consistently getting 0xC0000005 error since 1.3. The error occurs in many different situations. Problem occurs with both vanilla and addon.

From visual studio debugger - Unhandled exception at 0x0078b359 in Patrician4_addon.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Event log:
Faulting application name: Patrician4_addon.exe, version: 2.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x4d9aec61
Faulting module name: Patrician4_addon.exe, version: 2.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x4d9aec61
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0038b359
Faulting process id: 0x1dd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbf9d98953f7e0
Faulting application path: c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\patrician iv\Patrician4_addon.exe
Faulting module path: c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\patrician iv\Patrician4_addon.exe
Report Id: ec2bcfcb-65cf-11e0-b82f-6cf0490a2c00

Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Driver Version: 266.58
@stackmo
This looks like you have a corrupt installation - almost certainly when you got the 1.3 patch.
If you haven't already tried it - uninstalled the add-on and the game - then reinstall from scratch. - If you got the 1.3 patch from a "download" as opposed to the Launcher, then download it again, before you patch.
When you uninstall check APPLICATION DATA and make sure everything relating to P4 is gone.

If it still errors - and you haven't got WINDOWS UPDATE set to automatic then run windows update.

After playing the add-on for several days? The game crashed for no reason. It crashed before but usually a restart would solve the problem. This time the crash is deterministic. Upgraded the game to 2.0.4 and it still crashes.

please try the save file below. It will crash momentarily.

http://ywang.serveftp.org/p4auto.p4s

(14-04-2011, 10:14 PM)alexwy Wrote: After playing the add-on for several days? The game crashed for no reason. It crashed before but usually a restart would solve the problem. This time the crash is deterministic. Upgraded the game to 2.0.4 and it still crashes.

Hi!
Please post a DxDiag.txt-file of your system.

(14-04-2011, 10:14 PM)alexwy Wrote: please try the save file below. It will crash momentarily.
I don't think that you can load someone else's save file on a different machine - I sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong.

Like Daan says post your DxDiag

BUT
Did you get an error message or Debugger pop up?
Did it just Crash to Desktop (CtD)?
Is there an entry in you EVENT VIEWER either System or Application log?
Did you get a Dr Watson event log.
its a text file that you can find in ....\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson \Drwtsn32.log

"Every little helps" (apologies to none UK Viewers)
(15-04-2011, 10:53 AM)billyplod Wrote: I don't think that you can load someone else's save file on a different machine - I sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong.
you are wrong Big Grin
perhaps its not the greatest idea to down/upload a Autosave "p4auto.p4s" because that will be overwritten in time

OK - I copied the file into my saves - I select it but it won't load when I "LOAD". It just loads my last AUTOSAVE - even when I move those to a different directory - what am I missing?
(15-04-2011, 11:06 AM)billyplod Wrote: OK - I copied the file into my saves - I select it but it won't load when I "LOAD". It just loads my last AUTOSAVE - even when I move those to a different directory - what am I missing?
be sure to put it in the correct savegame directory for the addon

typically renaming the file is not necessary but try it anyways

restart p4
Yes -it's the restart P4 that I missed.
(14-04-2011, 10:14 PM)alexwy Wrote: After playing the add-on for several days? The game crashed for no reason. It crashed before but usually a restart would solve the problem. This time the crash is deterministic. Upgraded the game to 2.0.4 and it still crashes.

OK - this is a Application Crash
Faulting application patrician4_addon.exe, version 2.0.4.0, faulting module patrician4_addon.exe, version 2.0.4.0, fault address 0x00045d70.

Application exception occurred:
App: C:\Program Files\Kalypso Media\Patrician 4\Patrician4_addon.exe (pid=5408)
When: 4/15/2011 @ 10:27:52.141
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -
function: ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet

This was consistent on an XP and WIN7 machine.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One question - game date 19th Feb 1371 - Gold on hand 895,904,849. Is this a "Trainer" version.
Statistics show 665,703,115 Gold on 1st April 1370 - the Campaign start date?
(15-04-2011, 11:33 AM)billyplod Wrote: One question - game date 19th Feb 1371 - Gold on hand 895,904,849. Is this a "Trainer" version.

That's definitely the reason.
Cool
(15-04-2011, 02:50 PM)Daan Hugo Wrote:
(15-04-2011, 11:33 AM)billyplod Wrote: One question - game date 19th Feb 1371 - Gold on hand 895,904,849. Is this a "Trainer" version.

That's definitely the reason.
Cool

for the money (obvious) or for the crash ?
In this case, he cheated more than just the money.
The game may run for several minutes (or even hours) after cheating, but cheating (like adding money, adding undiscovered towns and so on...) will cause logical problem which will lead to a crash. This will not happen without cheating Wink

Important notice: We DO NOT support any issues caused by manipulated savegames!
In a Sea Battle two Pirate ships collide – they come together bow first at about 140 degrees – a wide inverted V. They stick together for about enough time for 2 broadsides (98% Sailors). There is vibration on the ship images – as if they are both still trying to go forward.

THEN, to my surprise, they both flip end on end so that their sterns are now at the top of the “V” and they sail away at 180 degrees to their original course. – Rather like a tram at the terminus when the driver walks to the cab at the rear of the tram and drives it back the way it came.

No way you test for that but an interesting feature !!
I'm so unhappy right now in my game cuse Its the first time I EVER got this rich before and yea. I got to like 500k at the Merchant level and I noticed It wasnt raising AT ALL, then I looked and it was only at 87% then I looked more at how much more wealth I need to get the next rank and it said 0. I was like, WHAT THE HECK. I was very upset cuse It was the fatherist I ever got but yea, I was also using a Trade route like 24/7 and I only have Grain and 2 beer production and a few houses and 2 salts and 1 ship. Thought I would Report this, this was also on campaign.

EDIT: FORGET THIS I CANNOT DELETE AND THIS IS NOT FOR THE EP
Wagon Train "disappears" - I have a Wagon Train AUTO TRADING on Land Route between Bremen and Berlin - It shows 0.3 days from Lubeck - BUT it isn't there. Disable Autotrade and try to move it manually it shows 0.0 days from Hamburg but is not in Hamburg. Enable "AutoTrade" then fast forward 2 months and no activity from Wagon Train.

Same fault reported in German Forum - very rough translation

Quote:RE: Patrician IV AddOn "ascent a dynasty" - error list (bug list) - version 2.03

For me, my 2 treks have disappeared without a trace.
On the convoy list only that is for at two Lübeck 0.3 days, since a week still hasn't arrived are.
Routes can be disable and enable again, but nothing happens.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 07:20 PM by Caro.)

I have sent SAVE game to "Kalypso Support".
Recently, a member of the patrizierforum has reproduced this behavior.
This happens when a treck is in a battle and you save and load the game. After loading the game the treck is free and drives on. The battleicon remains visible. If the treck reaches a destination town while the battle icon is visible the treck becomes a "ghost treck".
kalypso has some saves of that sort
for now:
dont save a game if a land/treck battle is going on!
(23-04-2011, 12:16 PM)Falko Wrote: for now:
dont save a game if a land/treck battle is going on!

Too Late !
i know i lost a treck with > 30 units like that Sad
I'm playing the Steam version, if that even matters.

The issue is minor, but when in Manual sea battles, I'll have all 3 ships attacking one target. I can see the red line pointing to the correct target. Sometimes one of my ships will change targets without my input. The new target may be the same distance or further away (happened several times so far), but I have yet to see it pick a closer target. Also, I am usually already holding down the Space Bar to speed the battle when this happens, so I do not know if this happen when running at normal speed or if it's even related.
(24-04-2011, 01:14 AM)Bearface Wrote: I'm playing the Steam version, if that even matters.

The issue is minor, but when in Manual sea battles, I'll have all 3 ships attacking one target. I can see the red line pointing to the correct target. Sometimes one of my ships will change targets without my input. The new target may be the same distance or further away (happened several times so far), but I have yet to see it pick a closer target. Also, I am usually already holding down the Space Bar to speed the battle when this happens, so I do not know if this happen when running at normal speed or if it's even related.

I think this is an "Undesigned Game Feature" - it's not a "bug" which makes the game unplayable, but a manifestation that was not intended.

I've tried multiple ship battles and always end up losing at least one ship and sustaining a good percentage of damage to the others. - It has been discussed in this this thread
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=9049
but my preference is to fight sea battles with one ship - it takes longer - 30 to 40 mins depending on make up of Pirate fleet but I get away with less than 10 % damage to my ship.

(24-04-2011, 01:14 AM)Bearface Wrote: Sometimes one of my ships will change targets without my input.

I figured out this "bug", "flaw", "Undesigned Game Feature", or whatever you want to call it. It seems that after a targeted ship has been sunk, my ships go into automated mode and independently select a new enemy vessel and may change targets unless I explicitly command them to attack a particular target. They do NOT appear to switch targets after I command them to attack a particular target. So, knowing this, this issue may actually be an intended designed game feature.

As for naval battles, I am very familiar with the Port Royale 2 style combat mechanics, but I actually prefer to take the damage and have to repair, since that seems more realistic to me than being a Rambo of the seas. What I wouldn't mind seeing is a "Select All Ships" command and also the ability to have my three ships fight in the Port Royale 2 style (one fighting at a time) or the current P4 style.
This is the gameplay of the naval battle, not a bug. You are talking about a semi-automatic battle mode.
The user can only take control of one ship at once. If you want to change the focus on the enemy you want to attack with 'Vessel A' it will work, but if you swap to another vessel ('Vessel B') the other one ('Vessel A') will find enemies by default choice (without any user input). The choice implies more parameters than the distance to your ship Wink
Furthermore, there is no option allowing the user to select more than one ship at once, so two of your fellow ships are always AI-controlled.

btw: It is possible to win a battle without losing a ship in semi-automatic battle mode and it is possible to win a battle without any damage in the manually driven mode (with just one ship).
Dear Gaming Minds / Kalypso / P4 Players,

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but it seems that whenever I try to rotate or move the camera to view the city from different angles, it keeps on going back to its original viewing angle as soon as I release the mouse button Sad It didn't do that in the P4 but it does in my addon. Could anyone tell me what the problem might be, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Michael (aka Amrasje)