Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty - Bug Reports Thread (Version 2.0.4 only!)
We've already noticed this bug Wink thx
When my cashflow decreases below zero, my overall wealth is increased by a couple of billions. Over time it seems to stabilize. Due to this I'm always being promoted to trader before I have even reached my first city to trade with.
do you have a savegame with a how-to guide for a successful reproduction?
(18-05-2011, 12:09 PM)Daan Hugo Wrote: do you have a savegame with a how-to guide for a successful reproduction?

Already made 'before' and 'after' savegames, just tell me where to send them. Reproduction is quite easy, just start a new game in Hamburg, order a snaikka, hire a warehouse guard and the administrator. Have him purchase all excess goods. Set sail towards Aalborg and before you're there you'll get promoted to trader.
Great! Send them to support@kalypsomedia.com.
Subject: Patrician IV
Content: 'Your posts' + please forward this mail to Gaming Minds Studios
(04-05-2011, 02:43 PM)Daan Hugo Wrote:
(28-04-2011, 11:34 PM)Bearface Wrote: As an accountant, by trade, I find this extremely annoying, but there is definitely something wrong with the Income and Expenditures under the Balance tab. [...]

Hi! Do you have a savegame for both states?
Probably the difference is caused by some missions (maybe a loan) or a tresure.

I sent the email and saved games. The before and after saves wont show the problem since loading a saved game corrects the Balance tab figures, despite being incorrect at the time of saving.

(18-05-2011, 05:31 PM)Daan Hugo Wrote: Great! Send them to support@kalypsomedia.com.
Content: 'Your posts' + please forward this mail to Gaming Minds Studios

Done. Hope it helps.
The game has suddenly developed a problem with the event news - the the video for a new ship froze, then the next news item was blank. I restarted but now all historical event items are messed up such as 'T-' showing.
I am four years into the game and have not had problem until now and now I can't fix it.

This was a reported problem for Patrician IV I was hoping this had been fixed?
it is a known bug, but not fixed until now.
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Thanks Dorimil - so is this to be in an update?
the game devolpers (gaming minds) knows about that bug but if or when they patch it (and other known bugs) is unknown :/
Whenever there is a historical event, after February 1373 I get these weird entries in the Chronicle.
See the marked section in the image.
[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/687/234m.jpg]
We've already noticed this bug Wink
Thx for reporting
Suddenly when I enter a tavern the name (top of screen) is now in German. I have tried reloading earlier saves but they are all the same. It is so frustrating as yet another bug.
Hi Sharpe!
Please explain your problem a little more detailed, so I can reproduce it. Maybe a screenshot and a savegame would be helpful. Send them to support@kalypsomedia.com :
Content: [Your Problem(detailed) and how to reproduce] + Savegame + Screenshots + DxDiag.txt + 'please forward this mail to Gaming Minds Studios'
Before RoaD, when a town caught fire, the structures were rebuilt without needing to provide all the wood and bricks. Now, half of Lubeck burned down early in the game, and until I provide over 2K bricks and 1200 wood, I cannot build anything in Lubeck.
The previous behavior was odd, but workable. If I'm going to have to provide supplies to rebuild every time a town catches fire, there's no way to balance production -- with so many people making timber and bricks, there's not enough workers left to grow food! And as often as things catch fire, this Hanse will never make it out of the Dark Ages, as we'll be continually scavenging materials to rebuild.
Is this intentional ?
play normal difficulty
there is no fire (and less challenge Smile )
(i am not sure about the effect in the "medium" difficulty)
or
- build a wood/brick industry and make money of it (other towns (without counting houses) got fires too)
- you can build wells in your towns
- if your towns is severely damaged trade a lot with another town and move there ...
there are mutiple ways to deal with that Smile
(07-06-2011, 03:01 AM)Falko Wrote: play normal difficulty
(i am not sure about the effect in the "medium" difficulty)
or
- build a wood/brick industry and make money of it (other towns (without counting houses) got fires too)
- you can build wells in your towns
- if your towns is severely damaged trade a lot with another town and move there ...
there are mutiple ways to deal with that Smile

Well, yes, but actually, if that's the way RoaD is designed, go back to P4 or P3. The idea is to have a *better* game, not a less playable one.
(07-06-2011, 03:01 AM)Falko Wrote: play normal difficulty

there is also fire at normal difficulty, but not so often (once a ingame year) and building wells covers it really good...
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
@ayanac

If you play P4 on "profi" level you have the same problems as you have them in P4 RoaD. Nothing changed in the amount of events and the effects of that events.

The only thing that may have changed in your game is that this events take hold in the towns you build up at the moment more often than in the towns you don't have a counting house in. But that is a random effect.

As i have stated in the basic data sheet for P4 already, you have to take care of this events by building wells, chapels and spitals, or you will have to suffer later on.
Especially wells are essential if you don't want to use more than half of your production of bricks and wood only to compensate the outecome of the fires.

The moment a town have more than 10.000 citizens you are also forced to build chapels and hospitals, because pluages will cause massive population breakdowns if you don't have them.

So if you play "profi" you have to calculate every stepp in the upbuild of your trade and production empire with care.

You need the essentials Wood, grain, wool, cheese and beer to make the population happy.
Than you need wood, bricks, hemp, iron goods, cloth, pitch for expansion (houses, facilities, ships, tracks).
So you have to calculate especially in the starting phase what to build when.
That is only possible by taking notes of what you have and what you want to build next and what effects that will have.

If you want to play casually, you have to play at least on normal level.

Hein
[Image: http://gamingmindsstudios.com/GM_Buddy/a..._buddy.png]
"There is nothing more horrible than a won battle. Except a lost one." (Wellington after Waterloo)
@sharpe:
Hi!
Today, I got your mail and I have explaination for the problem:
A tavern's name is always in a launguage of the tavern's background:
E.g.:
Germany - Die alte Eiche
UK - ye olde oak
France - le vieux chêne
Swedish - den gamla eken
...and so on....

The other issue you mentioned (video does not close) is not that easy. Maybe it depends on your sound driver (too old) or mybe it depends on your savegame (is it an other svegame then the one you send to me?)...

best regards, daan
Thanks Daan
The sound problem was in happening in all the saves - it started after the videos locked up for Uncle. The sound works for the rest of the game.
(08-06-2011, 12:05 PM)Sharpe Wrote: Thanks Daan
The sound problem was in happening in all the saves - it started after the videos locked up for Uncle. The sound works for the rest of the game.

First thing to check is that your Graphics and Audio drivers are up to date. Check on the Manufacturers web sites.

You can post your "dxdiag" file if you want - make sure it's inserted code
Code:
So it can be

scrolled
Hi!
He already send a DxDiag to me. I can't see anything really bad (the sond driver is kind of old...) in there... o_O
Hi Daan,
Does the sound work for you - a test would be open a new counting house in a new city - I would not be able to hear what the competitor says?

Maybe time for me to replace the sound card. I have a very powerful laptop but is for my work mainly.
For me - and I hope everybody else has made a similar experiance like mine - the sound worked perfectly.
The issue is known, but mostly as a result of a lack of memory. In your case I would say that there must be another reason. We'll definetly have to take a closer look at this issue. You can try to update your sound driver, but I can't promise that it will bring the solution.
Did you had the problem since version 1.0.0 or did you got it with a later version? is only the sound of the videos missing (or is it even more)?

Regards, Daan
Regarding the memory, is it best to reboot once in a while - I must admit I had been playing it for a good few hours (finally had the time to give the add on a good go) when the error occurred.

Only the sound of the videos - when a competitor or uncle talks.
This is a clean restart with all the patches installed from start. The speech was fine until opened a another new counting office (I think this was Hamburg) then the sound went. This also coincided with the the known bug -:

'The game has suddenly developed a problem with the event news - the the video for a new ship froze, then the next news item was blank. I restarted but now all historical event items are messed up such as 'T-' showing.
I am four years into the game and have not had problem until now and now I can't fix it.'

(07-06-2011, 10:10 AM)Bagaluth Wrote: @ayanac

If you play P4 on "profi" level you have the same problems as you have them in P4 RoaD. Nothing changed in the amount of events and the effects of that events.

Hein

This is incorrect. Before installing the add-on, fires burned down towns, they reduced the population until bldgs were rebuilt, put production on hiatus, etc. But the architect did not require timber and bricks to rebuild those buildings. My Hanse only got up to 200K people or so before I decided to try the add-on, but I assure you, there were plenty of fires before I got rich enough to buy up and demolish the AI's overcrowded housing. This is a change in behavior. I just want to know if it is intentional.
I have played a clean install of P4 to the first fire -- a third of Lubeck is burned down, and the architect still needs no timber or brick. If I provide materials, I can build a building now. I do not have to first provide enough timber and brick to rebuild the buildings that burned down.
This is a change in behavior. If it is intentional, and will not be corrected, it changes gameplay significantly, and not for the better. Fires are random, and having your hometown burn down while you're a grocer or little better means months of gameplay before you can build anything. Or just trashing that game and starting over.
The thread is for bug reports. This is a bug.
with P4 people said the rebuilding without wood/bricks is a unrealistic
the developer changed it and now (other) people complain that thay need wood/bricks to rebuild
you never can satisfy everybody
i restarted the "wall building" scenario 2 or 3 times to get a start with a "existing" hometown + malmoe
but other than that i lived through and took it as a challenge (in profi mode)
i am not emotionally attached to my hometown and dont trade more with it than other towns (after i got the building licence) and therefore have no real problem if that town burns to the ground (if i got the building licence one of my firtst action is to build enough wells)
@ayanac: Intended. Try to build enough fountains Wink

@sharpe: The 'T'-Issue is already known by us. Regarding the other issue it is important to get the answers to tthe following questions to get you the help you need:
- So, your current version is 2.0.3 (you'll find it in the main menu)?
- Did this problem occured before updating to your current version? (Without RoaD?)
- Did you tried the windowed mode? (or other constellations of your options?)
- Did you going to approach full capacity while playing (check task manager)? What's running in the background? Will killing other background processes give you the needed help?
- There is a (small) possibilty that your graphics driver is installed incorrect. Did you tried to re-install it?
- Did you installed the sound driver (as recommended before)?

If nothing of these will help it's probably the best to take screenshots or a video (with e.g. fraps) and send it to me...

Best regards, Daan