Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty - Bug Reports Thread (Version 2.0.4 only!)
try this link it explains how to edit the boot.ini with winxp (dont know your OS) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
(30-09-2011, 08:49 PM)Varien Wrote: Alright, i'm understanding the part where I have to put the /3GB in this boot.ini file.

I've found the actual "boot" file in c:/Windows/Boot There are 5 or 6 boot files in 3 different directories. None of them have a .ini at the end. And there all bootmgr.exe and 1 boottest.exe

I try to open them but it says I dont have the program for it.

Thanks again =P

I've modified the links - sorry and all.

I guess you are on Windows 7 ?
There is no BOOT.INI in Windows 7 - it is BOOTMGR - you can modify it with MSCONFIG but I'm not sure MSCONFIG offers the ability to add a memory switch. There are many "Utilities" on the Internet that offer the ability to modify WINDOWS 7 BOOT parameters - I wouldn't use one.

The question I would ask before modifing my system settings is - Does P4 & RoaD have the ability to read / write above 2GB? I assume it must if Daan is offering this as a solution.

Your problem is memory related. Check out the corrected links and see how your virtual memory looks.
I'm using Windows Vista. (based on your other links I figured out how to find the information for vista)

Total paging file size for all drives: 3618 MB

Minimum allowed: 16MB
Recommened: 4977 MB
Currently allocated 3618 MB

I'm at a dead end on the boot file. However I did mess with this memory thing and made 3000 the minimum on that up to 4977 and no change in-game.
(01-10-2011, 02:49 AM)Varien Wrote: I'm using Windows Vista. (based on your other links I figured out how to find the information for vista)

Total paging file size for all drives: 3618 MB

Minimum allowed: 16MB
Recommened: 4977 MB
Currently allocated 3618 MB

I'm at a dead end on the boot file. However I did mess with this memory thing and made 3000 the minimum on that up to 4977 and no change in-game.

How much RAM have you installed? And how much is free when you are running the game.

Check the "Performance TAB" in Windows task Manager.

This is because Vista is resource "hungry" - it has an architecture that attempts to load into system memory what the operating system perceives you "might" need next - it was sold as "SUPERFETCH". It works well in business when you are using applications that are designed to load modules for various functions, in spread-sheets and Word processing, but not in gaming where you need free memory particularly for graphics.
Vista uses system memory much more aggressively for "cache" and so it monitors all process running on your system and attempts to preload modules into free memory space that the system "thinks" you may need - so even background applications - virus checkers - disc indexing have modules loaded in to system when they are not needed.

It is difficult to control - Vista can use up to 50% of free memory to pre fetch and "cache" modules as opposed to around 25% with Windows 7, and about 10% with XP.

You can turn “SUPERFETCH” off. I wouldn’t recommend it being off all the time but it may help while playing P4 & RoaD.

Open up Services in Control Panel or by typing services.msc into the Start menu search or run boxes. Double-click on Superfetch in the list to open up the properties, and then change the drop-down to “Disabled”. You can also click Stop to immediately turn it off.

I turned off the "SUPERFETCH" and when the game starts it's not SUPER slow(ran just fine, but I also play crysis with no problem lol) The first attempt I could see the city, ships/menus/nautical view were still messed up. Second attempt I couldn't see the city and got this error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Patrician4_addon.exe
Application Version: 2.0.4.0
Application Timestamp: 4d9aec61
Fault Module Name: Patrician4_addon.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.0.4.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d9aec61
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000781f3
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a6a6
Additional Information 2: e9d32eae45c74bb75dd456b2241b40d6
Additional Information 3: 3d1d
Additional Information 4: 4dd70424cd70692ebe11e0b4fd477352
@Varien

C0000005 is a general error, but I think the error centres on Visual Basic - that can mean two things - Visual Basic has a corruption or the game does.

Last shot - try reinstalling the game from scratch, you may have tried this before - BUT

1. Uninstall it completely - Check ...\APPDATA\ ..... for any files
2. RUN CHKDSK with a /F switch. This will try to recover file errors and mark any bad sectors on your harddisc.
3. Then before you reinstall the game RUN "sfc /scannow" - this will check system files and make sure you have the correct versions. There is a log created which will tell you if files have been updated and if files can't be updated. You can read about it here ---> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

4. Reinstall the game - cross fingers - and play.

Hi!
Here the solution: http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=...nutzen.htm

Original website on German:
http://www.zdnet.de/magazin/39153962/vis...nutzen.htm

best regards,
Daan
Here's a link that shows the more normal way to set this on Vista, and also shows how to unset it.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archi...y-3gb.aspx
Perhaps not a bug but it seems so strange for me Wink
On the meat, when the price go from 345 coin to 339, by just 1 unique barrel exchange (normal), the stock change directly from 1 green dot to 3.
For me, all other goods seems to correctly "lighting" each separate dot depending stock volume.

Not a bug, but a possible solution for some user; I have a Radeon 6850 with AtiTrayTools software, i must quit him before launch P4 otherwise it crash just after the launcher.(Dll incompatibility).
the ATITrayTool is a reason for problems in many games, not only P4...

if a town is small one barrel of good can cross more than one border. that could cause by the figures you see and which you can't see. the program calculate with real figures, that means, also with figures behind the "." (or ","). so for example there are 2 barrels in market place, the border to one green light is 2.1, to two green lights 2.5 and to three green light is 2.9 und you sell one barrel, the light will jum directly to three green lights.
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Hi!
The '1 to 3 dots'-issue isn't a bug, it's just a rather rare coincidence. I guess that doesn't happen in every town... You just figured out the threshold value. That behavior should change with a growing town/population.

The 'Radeon 6850 with AtiTrayTools software'-issue is unknown yet... Does anybody else has a similar or different experiance?

Best regards,
Daan

Edit: Hey Dorimil, I can't answer that fast Tongue
(12-10-2011, 10:59 AM)Daan Hugo Wrote:
Edit: Hey Dorimil, I can't answer that fast Tongue

that's the reason, how i earned my avatar picture! Tongue
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
(12-10-2011, 10:59 AM)Daan Hugo Wrote: Hi!
The '1 to 3 dots'-issue isn't a bug, it's just a rather rare coincidence. I guess that doesn't happen in every town... You just figured out the threshold value. That behavior should change with a growing town/population.

Okay, i did not know that the population could influence the dot (due to consumption i suppose). I saw it on 2 city, but there are very similar; on the other ones the stock are not sufficient to have this.

(12-10-2011, 10:59 AM)Daan Hugo Wrote: The 'Radeon 6850 with AtiTrayTools software'-issue is unknown yet... Does anybody else has a similar or different experiance?
As the Atitraytools is a replacement of Catalyst Control Center, so i think it's more a superuser or "geek" issue Big Grin.
However the error was on raphook.dll from ATT or ntdll.dll form windows. (Vista 32bits).

Thanks for the answer

Hi ubrix!

Never heard of that problem.
Did you started your savegame before you updated to the latest version?
Could you send the savegame and a DxDiag to the support (Subject: Patrician IV - Forward to Daan Hugo)?

Best regards,
Daan
Hi ubrix!
I've been able to reproduce it...
It seems like the application crashes only if you keep clicking on the save/load buttons repeatedly. Anyway, I can't think of any way how this issue could possibly take influence on the intended gameplay. So, if you don't want the game to crash try to relax and avoid to get a nervous trigger finger on the administrator's save/load buttons Wink
Sorry, it's just a work-around, but a fix wouldn't be possible by now.

Best regards,
Daan
Daan,

out of curiousity:

Do we ever get a patch for Patrician IV RoaD or are all resourses aimed at the completion of Port Royale 3.

Although not everything reported in this thread is considered a serious bug, some issues might be solved for better game play.

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!
Hi Thorin Oakshield!
As mentioned in the German board the chance to get another PIV patch is vanishingly low. We already delivered a few patches.
Why no more: There are no serious bugs in PIV ruining the intended gameplay. It might be true that there are still some possibilities to optimize, but nothing really important. At some point a studio has to put their efforts on another project - in this case: PR3

Best regards,
Daan
Hello

Twice I have been unable to make a tribute to a Lord.

Even though I had lots of cloth in my storage office, I was unable to make the cloth part of the deal.

This has happened with Cloth at Stockholm and now Ripen.

I am unable to complete the tribute.

I have a save game I can upload if you like.

I do not know if this has been previously reported. I don't have the time to look through 5 pages of bug reports.
are the cloths locked by the administrator?
I did not have an administrator at either town.
I have Redownload Patrician IV, And The Add-On Rise of a Dynasty. From Amazon. Patrician IV Original game, Runs Ok no errors, But The Add-On gives me an error message. It ran real good, before I got a new Hard Drive. The message is "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcesserInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll". I uninstalled, and redownload, and installed again, I downloaded Kernel32.dll, And tried to copy and paste it to the Windows System32 file, but would not let me, As it already had the file. And the one in System32 was 960KB and Dated Aug 2004. The one I download is 460KB and Dated May 1999. I have Windows XP Pro SP2 AMD Athlon 5200 Dual-Core AM2 Processer, With 2GB of DDR2 Ram, And GeForce 8400 With 512 DDR on the Card. Please Help.
(08-12-2011, 08:59 PM)Gabbysdad Wrote: I have Redownload Patrician IV, And The Add-On Rise of a Dynasty. From Amazon. Patrician IV Original game, Runs Ok no errors, But The Add-On gives me an error message. It ran real good, before I got a new Hard Drive. The message is "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcesserInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll". I uninstalled, and redownload, and installed again, I downloaded Kernel32.dll, And tried to copy and paste it to the Windows System32 file, but would not let me, As it already had the file. And the one in System32 was 960KB and Dated Aug 2004. The one I download is 460KB and Dated May 1999. I have Windows XP Pro SP2 AMD Athlon 5200 Dual-Core AM2 Processer, With 2GB of DDR2 Ram, And GeForce 8400 With 512 DDR on the Card. Please Help.

Try these options :-
Run Windows Update - apply all the "High Priority" fixes - Upgrade to XP SP3.
Run the Checkdisc facility - Right Click system drive (Normally C) Properties - Tools - Error Checking. - "Check Now"
If you have the install CD - Boot from CD and select "REPAIR WINDOWS" then Run Windows update again for high priority fixes.
Run Windows Update - apply any Optional Hardware fixes

Less likely to help but always a good move.
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date
Check your PC manufacturer’s web site for firmware updates

(08-12-2011, 06:47 PM)blackbook Wrote: Hello

Twice I have been unable to make a tribute to a Lord.

Even though I had lots of cloth in my storage office, I was unable to make the cloth part of the deal.

This has happened with Cloth at Stockholm and now Ripen.

I am unable to complete the tribute.

I have a save game I can upload if you like.

I do not know if this has been previously reported. I don't have the time to look through 5 pages of bug reports.

(08-12-2011, 06:57 PM)Dorimil Wrote: are the cloths locked by the administrator?

I had no administrator on both occasions.

Any news on my bug report? I want to upload the save game if nobody has reported it before.
It seems to be a problem with 17 cloth not being accepted by the Lord in every instance where he asks for cloth.

This bug is repeatable. There is no problem with making tributes where cloth is not required.
Windows XP SP3 did the trick, Oh by the way Micosoft no longer supports Windows XP Updates, You can no longer have XP updated from The Micosoft Web Site. I had to download SP3 From another site.
Hi blackbook!
Could you send the savegame, a short guide for a reproducing the behavior and a DxDiag of your system to the support (Subject: Patrician IV - Forward to Daan Hugo)?

Best regards,
Daan
(12-12-2011, 11:33 AM)Daan Hugo Wrote: Hi blackbook!
Could you send the savegame, a short guide for a reproducing the behavior and a DxDiag of your system to the support (Subject: Patrician IV - Forward to Daan Hugo)?

Best regards,
Daan

Email sent to Kalypso support addressed to you. Thankyou.
Problem solved Smile

There is a difference between "Cloth" and "Clothing" (Try to hover the icons to get the tool tip) Wink
You bought the wrong goods.

Best Regards,
Daan
Haha. Finger trouble eh!
Well, ol' Snootch is back. I have the American boxed version with the English RoaD expansion (downloaded from Amazon.com) and am running Version 2.04. Below are six bugs that I have noticed since the beginning and they frustrate the heck out of me, so I thought I'd offer them here since Daan and his team do so well to help us.

A) When I go to my Convoy List, it is difficult to click on the Convoy that I want to select. I have found a way to work around it by first clicking slowly on the Convoy already selected, then I slowly click on the Convoy that I want to select. Sometimes this doesn't work, and I have to keep clicking on the Convoy that is already selected just so that I can select another convoy. The highlight (current selection) sticks and is extremely annoying when trying to select a new Convoy!

B) Another clicking problem - when I go to Edit my Trade Route for a convoy, and I simply click on one of the Towns to determine the automated trading, it sometimes sends that Town to the top of my Route list. Then I have to try and remember where the Town is supposed to go in the order that I have set up. I work around this by having to pay attention to my Route order (in case it gets messed up), clicking slowly on the Town that I want to select, and then making sure that I am clicking perfectly in the center of that Town's name button. It is very annoying to click on a Town on the Edit Route screen only to have it be placed at the top and out of order, and then trying to rectify that!

C) I mentioned this bug before and it has not yet been resolved - the Mediterranean cities are not allowing me to trade more items with them as they upgrade in size. I have some of them at 5 Stars, yet they still only buy 100 or so items from my convoys. This is very frustrating! Please fix this! Last time I was asked how much the total population of the Hanse was, and I forget my answer. Regardless, even with a smaller or larger populated Hanse, the Mediterranean cities are not allowing more trade when they get more Stars. (Current total Hanse population is 41,991.)

D) Next, the game sometimes slows down on me for no apparent reason. It's like it gets too busy or something, and then everything starts to drag - the mouse cursor when it is scrolling, screen scrolling, sound ques, etc. A work-around that I discovered was patiently (or impatiently, as the case may be) to go to the Options panel and change the Graphics setting to un-click Full Screen (go to Windowed setting) and accept. After the game goes to that Windowed setting, I then switch it back to Full Screen, and the game runs fine. This is very frustrating when I am doing something important or when it requires my timed focus!

E) When I go to the Options Menu and go to the Gameplay tab, I have un-checked Advisor Videos and have turned Advisor Hints to "Off." However, I still get Advisor videos and hints. Furthermore, I do not like the voice acting of the Competitors in this game (it is usually insulting, degrading, long-winded, or just awkward), though the only way that I have been able to turn this off is to un-check the Event Videos box, which then means that I am not made aware when events that I DO want to know about occur. Please help us be able to turn off as many of the Speakers as possible (fixing bugs, adding a button for the Competitors, etc.) but enabling us to view Event Videos.

F) Lastly, sometimes when I go to the City Council tab on the Town Hall screen, I click on the "Application" button to try and influence the politics there, but it does not do anything, even when I have several millions of dollars on hand.

Please let me know if you need other information. I trust that you guys can resolve these issues. Thank you.

Snootch

Some of my system's highlights:

Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1): 64-bit
RAM: 4 GB
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU (Q 720) @ 1.60 GHz
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GT 230M