Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty - Bug Reports Thread (Version 2.0.4 only!)
Hi, I got a bug while playing PAT IV: Rise of Dynasty. I bought 6 cannons to my Shyka ship, but they never showed in the invetory of my ship. Only the cargo space is deducted accordingly, however the cannons still show 0/0. I have the latest version 2.04.
To be able to defend your convoys you'll have to mark 1-3 ships as battleships. Only the marked ships show their cannons ( e.g. 6/6) and are able to use them in a seafight. If there are no ships marked as battleships, the convoy will be plundered (in an autofight) any time your ships are attacked.

(Sorry for my "rusty" English)
Enjoy the Night
Nachtschatten

Die letzte Stimme, die man hört, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die Stimme eines Experten sein, der sagt: „Das ist technisch unmöglich.“
(Peter Ustinov)
(24-04-2012, 12:53 AM)Nachtschatten Wrote: To be able to defend your convoys you'll have to mark 1-3 ships as battleships. Only the marked ships show their cannons ( e.g. 6/6) and are able to use them in a seafight. If there are no ships marked as battleships, the convoy will be plundered (in an autofight) any time your ships are attacked.

(Sorry for my "rusty" English)

Thanks for the advise.
Hi guys, I have a terrible problem. I just installed the expansion and I was in game. Everything was perfect. Suddenly my laptop run out of battery so it went in stand by mode. After I resumed windows and tried to resume the game i realised that i cannot play the game anymore in fullscreen. It's very annoying. Everytime I start the game it doesn't start anymore in fullscreen, but only in a window. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it's the same. I tried to have a look at the settings but it doesn't work anymore. Please can anyone offer a solution to this annoying problem? Thank you so much.

P.S.: i have the latest update: 2.0.4
P.S.: i tried to change the settings of the shortcut at run in "normal window" and "maximized" but still doesn't help.
@nemeiah

Have a look in Appdata\kalypso media\ patrician 4 add on\
there is an OPTIONS file
Under [Video] there is

FULLSCREEN = 1 (fullscreen) or 0 (Windowws)

try editing it to "1"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
always save a copy before editing
Point 2 and 5) works as designed, that aren't bugs!
4) the pirates getting stronger as the player will. isn't a bug, but seems not to be logic.

3) there is a difference between total ships in convoi and battle ships within a convoi! Wink
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Hi everyone! Here is my prolem:

The game crashes me nearly always after pressing a few times the buttons "Save Settings" and "Use Settings" in the Administrator panel (in the Counting House). After the crash a Windows error message says me that the game has been shut down by the DEP (Windows Data Execution Protection)...

I've already tried to put the .exe of the game in the exception list, but it just gives me a message saying "This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program." It doesn't allow me to make it an exception.

I have the Steam version of the game and my OS is Vista 64bit.

Could you help me please? Probably you already found this issue, I checked the web for every possible solution but unsuccessfully.. Sad Then i decide to write here.
(02-08-2012, 12:08 PM)Choji Wrote: Hi everyone! Here is my prolem:

The game crashes me nearly always after pressing a few times the buttons "Save Settings" and "Use Settings" in the Administrator panel (in the Counting House). After the crash a Windows error message says me that the game has been shut down by the DEP (Windows Data Execution Protection)...

I've already tried to put the .exe of the game in the exception list, but it just gives me a message saying "This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program." It doesn't allow me to make it an exception.

Could you help me please? Probably you already found this issue, I checked the web for every possible solution but unsuccessfully.. Sad Then i decide to write here.
Yes - this appears to a bug - but it is circumventable. It shouldn't be a problem.

It happens if you click SAVE SETTINGS or USE SETTINGS several times within 5 to 6 seconds - then on the 5th or 6th mouse click the game crashes to desktop, with the error you quote but looking in the crash log it gives error "C0000005" which is WINDOWS saying "something happened but I don't know what".

I SAVE SETTINGS in Lubeck and then copied them to 18 other towns, twice round, as fast as I could - so 36 SAVE SETTINGS in different counting houses and no crash.

The times I use this function are:-
just after a new counting house is built - copy in a my home town settings and then modify them;
or if an event or change of plan and I need to modify all settings globally - then I change them in my home town and copy then round all towns modifying for local needs.

For these two circumstances I don't see this causing a problem.

Do you have another circumstance when it is a problem?
(03-08-2012, 11:32 PM)billyplod Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 12:08 PM)Choji Wrote: Hi everyone! Here is my prolem:

Yes - this appears to a bug - but it is circumventable. It shouldn't be a problem.

It happens if you click SAVE SETTINGS or USE SETTINGS several times within 5 to 6 seconds - then on the 5th or 6th mouse click the game crashes to desktop, with the error you quote but looking in the crash log it gives error "C0000005" which is WINDOWS saying "something happened but I don't know what".

I SAVE SETTINGS in Lubeck and then copied them to 18 other towns, twice round, as fast as I could - so 36 SAVE SETTINGS in different counting houses and no crash.

The times I use this function are:-
just after a new counting house is built - copy in a my home town settings and then modify them;
or if an event or change of plan and I need to modify all settings globally - then I change them in my home town and copy then round all towns modifying for local needs.

For these two circumstances I don't see this causing a problem.

Do you have another circumstance when it is a problem?

I don't know because of this problem I stopped playing.. But I seem to recall that my crashes occur only whit this 2 buttons.

Btw.. what's the different between "SAVE SETTINGS" and "USE SETTINGS", because I used them more for ignorance then real need. Smile
(04-08-2012, 07:19 PM)Choji Wrote: Btw.. what's the different between "SAVE SETTINGS" and "USE SETTINGS", because I used them more for ignorance then real need. Smile

Once you have set up the buying and selling price, and quantity of goods to buy or the amount to keep, for all goods in your home town's counting house - then these prices can be used in all of your counting houses. Just the quantity of goods, to either keep, or the maximum amount to buy, needs changing in each of your new towns.

So when you build a new counting house and hire an Administrator, go to your home town or any other town where you own a counting house and
SAVE SETTINGS - then go to your new counting house and
USE SETTINGS - the prices and quantity levels are copied to your new counting house.

Then you can adjust the price or quantity levels for the goods in your new towns counting house. It saves a lot of time using the up down arrows or typing in the price for all the goods every new counting house you build.
(04-08-2012, 11:13 PM)billyplod Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 07:19 PM)Choji Wrote: Btw.. what's the different between "SAVE SETTINGS" and "USE SETTINGS", because I used them more for ignorance then real need. Smile

Once you have set up the buying and selling price, and quantity of goods to buy or the amount to keep, for all goods in your home town's counting house - then these prices can be used in all of your counting houses. Just the quantity of goods, to either keep, or the maximum amount to buy, needs changing in each of your new towns.

So when you build a new counting house and hire an Administrator, go to your home town or any other town where you own a counting house and
SAVE SETTINGS - then go to your new counting house and
USE SETTINGS - the prices and quantity levels are copied to your new counting house.

Then you can adjust the price or quantity levels for the goods in your new towns counting house. It saves a lot of time using the up down arrows or typing in the price for all the goods every new counting house you build.

Alright thanks, it was very helpfull. Smile

For the crash problem.. is there any chance to see a patch some day?
(05-08-2012, 01:53 AM)Choji Wrote: For the crash problem.. is there any chance to see a patch some day?

I doubt if there will another patch for this game, the developers Gaming Minds, seem to have a small team - have a look at the CREDITS. I suspect that they are working on an expansion for their latest game - Port Royal 3.

But who knows? Smile
Definate issue with River Cogs on Expeditions -- > see this thread

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=17225
@lmclshop

You are talking about Patrician 4 Rise of a Dynasty? I don't recognise those numbers - A Free Play Game you start with 30000 Gold and there is no deductions until you start trading and hiring people.
Let the game play for a while, at least 10 days - then -
Do a screenshot of the Balance TAB from the logbook, that will show all money movements - post it.
After running my game for a while, say an hour or so, some event videos will pop up without sound and play constantly until I hit Escape. As well as that, certain overlay images no longer appear (blue flags over my buildings, the not enough building materials sign, etc)

Quitting the program and restarting it solves the issue, not exactly a game breaker. It is amusing to see Uncle Lubeck mouth wordlessly to me forever though.
@DDRJake - this is typical of a "memory leak" error. Basically memory isn't being release once a module terminates or finishes. The issue is more of a problem if your system uses shared memory - You can see that in your DXdiag. It could be anything - so

Update Windows; Update all your device drivers - video / sound / and keyboard, mouse (human interface devices are a common cause of this issue);

If it still happens post your DXdiag here; all this is detailed here ->

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid168025
Hi guys,

I've just finished installing Patrician IV RoaD on my new laptop and to my horror, it freezes! After the Patrician window fills the screen I can see the logo on the black background but it just lingers like that forever. The Patrician4_addon.exe process is at 100% the whole time.

Surprisingly, Patrician IV runs ok without RoaD!
My system is fully patched and up-to-date. Here's the DxDiag:

Quote:------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/21/2013, 01:10:42
Machine name: ALEX-THINKPAD
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional N 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 3443CTO
BIOS: Phoenix BIOS SC-T v2.2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7888MB RAM
Page File: 2228MB used, 13547MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_09
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: ThinkPad MaxBright Display 1600x900
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LEN40A2
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.971Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.2843 (English)
Driver Version: 9.17.10.2843
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/24/2012 18:53:42, 12601856 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4226-11CF-017F-F301B7C2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0166
SubSys ID: 0x21F917AA
Revision ID: 0x0009
Driver Strong Name: oem31.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iIVBM0:9.17.10.2843:pci\ven_8086&dev_0166&subsys_21f917aa
Rank Of Driver: 00E00001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C
Deinterlace Caps: {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_17AA21F9&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6914 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 5/21/2013 21:50:42, 3425608 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6914 (English)
Date and Size: 5/21/2013 21:50:42, 3425608 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x0
Format Flags: 0x0

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: USB Receiver
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC52F

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x1E2D
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub20
| Service: usbhub
|
+-+ Generic USB Hub
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8087, 0x0024
| | Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0001
| | Matching Device ID: usb\class_09
| | Service: usbhub

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ Standard PS/2 Keyboard
| Matching Device ID: *pnp0303
| Service: i8042prt
|
+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
|
+ ThinkPad UltraNav Pointing Device
| Matching Device ID: acpi\len0030
| Upper Filters: SynTP
| Service: i8042prt
|
+ HID-compliant mouse
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC52F
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| Service: mouhid
|
+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 60.8 GB
Total Space: 100.0 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SanDisk SD5SG2256G1052E

Drive: D:
Free Space: 144.0 GB
Total Space: 144.1 GB
Model: SanDisk SD5SG2256G1052E

Drive: E:
Free Space: 612.0 GB
Total Space: 754.7 GB
Model: WD My Passport 0748 USB Device

Drive: F:
Free Space: 811.5 GB
Total Space: 1153.0 GB
Model: WD My Passport 0748 USB Device

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&B0
Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&FA

Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&A0

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_09\3&21436425&0&10

Name: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&D0

Name: 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0154
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0154&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_09\3&21436425&0&00

Name: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&E8

Name: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0085&SUBSYS_C2208086&REV_96\4&AD31461&0&00E1

Name: Synaptics SMBus Driver
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&FB

Name: Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E823&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\4&32C52D2A&0&00E0

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&D8

Name: Intel(R) QS77 Express Chipset LPC Controller - 1E56
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E56&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&F8

Name: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 - 1E12
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E12&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_C4\3&21436425&0&E1

Name: Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3D&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_04\3&21436425&0&B3

Name: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 1E10
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E10&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_C4\3&21436425&0&E0

------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

DirectShow Filters:
WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,12.00.9200.16426
AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514
SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835
Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514
File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835
Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835
AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll,
Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835
AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000
StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Video Compressors:
DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

Audio Compressors:
IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

Audio Capture Sources:
Microphone (Realtek High Defini,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

PBDA CP Filters:
PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528

Midi Renderers:
Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
Realtek HD Audio Mic input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
Integrated Camera,0x00200000,0,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
Realtek HD Audio output,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

BDA Network Providers:
Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514

Video Capture Sources:
Integrated Camera,0x00200000,0,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA Transport Information Renderers:
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA CP/CA Filters:
Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Audio Renderers:
Speaker/HP (Realtek High Defini,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
DirectSound: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

---------------
EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: Unknown Quality Flags: 0
Enabled:
Unknown Decode Power Usage: 0
Balanced Flags: 0
Enabled:
PowerFlags: 0
Enabled:

Let me know if you need more information.
The main potential problem I see is the low value set in shared memory - 64MB - this is configurable in the BIOS settings. I believe on Lenovo machines it's under Integrated Peripherals but will depend on the BIOS installed. Set this high.

Otherwise go on to the Lenovo site and update your drivers -> http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research...=HT074689#
(21-06-2013, 10:06 AM)billyplod Wrote: The main potential problem I see is the low value set in shared memory - 64MB
Snip--------------

?????

As far as I know then "_Alex_" will not be able to change the amount of dedicated memory (64 MB) (unless newer types of Laptops allows for seperate upgrade of on-chip graphics card dedicated memory) and the amount of shared memory (1632 MB) sounds as it ought to be sufficient..

(21-06-2013, 01:16 AM)_Alex_ Wrote: Snip--------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21F917AA&REV_09
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB

Snip--------------

"billyplod" 's advice about that you try updating your drivers sounds as good advice and might work for you.
However , though Onboard Graphics card that are part of chipsset like Intels are known to have become better then I think that there could still be some types of incompatability issues now and then.... Also some games (Not saying that PIV is one of those) simply won't run of the "Mobile version" of a given GPU even if it is separate unit with it own full dedicated memory and integrated into the Japtop hardware...
With most remote computer fixes it’s a matter of trial and error.
Before you look at system modes – update your drivers from the LENOVO site especially the Chipset, it may even be worth trying a reinstall of the game – but if you still have problems then …..

The Lenovo Thinkpads machines are primarily business orientated so they don’t do “games” video intensive applications well. But Pat 4 doesn’t need that high end performance.

You can with later BIOS revisions and the Chipset firmware configure the dedicated video memory, and shared memory. Your machine has 8 Gb RAM installed so tweaking these values up shouldn’t be a problem – if the BIOS shows these values. Sometimes they are hidden values.

Start up your computer and enter your BIOS setup. You will do this by tapping the appropriate key or keys during the boot up process. (Review the start-up messages on your screen for the particular key/s your system requires you to use).

Once you access your BIOS set up, select the Integrated Peripherals menu.
In the Integrated Peripherals menu, select the option for AGP aperture size.

Under this option, you will now allocate a specific amount of RAM for shared video memory. Generally, you may choose to allocate an amount ranging from 16MB to 128MB RAM or in later revisions 256Mb. Try 128MB of RAM for video memory, and leave Shared alone.

Save your changes. Exit your BIOS set up.

Using shared memory does lower your PC's speed and performance.

Don’t allocate the maximum straight away – but work up in increments.
@ "_Alex_"
As far as I can see then "billyplod" 's post's part regarding altering your PC's "Dedicated" and "Shared" video memory settings are in vain.
First of all then as far as I know then the amount of "Dedicated" Graphics card memory for on on-board graphics cards on Laptop computers is decided at the time the Laptop computer is built and can not be altered later as the "Dedicated" memory for the Graphics card is built into the computer.
Secondly then if your Laptop is like the "ThinkPad X1 Carbon" (to which series the 3443-CTO seems to belong) then from this article that says that maximum amount of shared memory (amount of RAM memory that graphics card is taking from your total amount of PC RAM) is 1.63GB and the fact that your DX report already says "Shared Memory: 1632 MB" then it sound as if you already have utilized the maximum amount of memory available for your graphics card....
Besides I looked into the general "ThinkPad X1 Carbon user guide" but did not find anything on the Graphics card shared memory settings.... Alas I did not find a more model specific manual at my glance for it...

If your computer BIOS got any "AGP aperture size" setting then you can read about "AGP aperture size" here , for your convenience I have put a link to a second article here.....
Thank you all for the great support, especially FiatLux for the thorough research. I looked everywhere in my BIOS settings but I couldn't find anything remotely related to graphics settings. Like FiatLux already said, it's hardcoded.

However, today I decided to give it another try "just in case" and after one minute the game successfully loaded. I swear I didn't do anything since last time I tried. There were no drivers to update because everything was up-to-date.

Cheers,
Alex
(22-06-2013, 05:02 PM)_Alex_ Wrote: Thank you all for the great support, especially FiatLux for the thorough research. I looked everywhere in my BIOS settings but I couldn't find anything remotely related to graphics settings. Like FiatLux already said, it's hardcoded.

However, today I decided to give it another try "just in case" and after one minute the game successfully loaded. I swear I didn't do anything since last time I tried. There were no drivers to update because everything was up-to-date.

Cheers,
Alex

Luck counts too as solution sometimes Wink

Sometimes a minor change in settings or a changed file can change the O.S. enviroment for some programs, and with Windows auto updating or if something is changed by installing another program then sometimes that is enough to cause a problem.
Also in case of any problem with a program it is a good idea to try to turn off PC and cold start reboot the O.S. to see if this rectifies problem - in some cases an O.S. or hardware simply can fail and just needs to be turned off and restarted.....

Anyway , thank you very much for the kind feedback and congratulations on having your game running anyway Smile
I'm not sure you can call this a bug.

There are missions to create a new land-route (between two existing towns) and there are missions to create a new city. Both are different missions with different conditions.

So if you had selected a mission to do a land-route and for some reason also had a mission to start a new city, the mission you took last will appear at the map.

If the land-route mission is taken to create a route between the new city you just created and an already existing one and the new city disappears from the map, it might be a bug indeed. However, question is then: how many citizens and resources did that new city have?

Thorin Smile
Hi mcg7,

Point 1:
That's a display issue - I call it "Stealth-Villages". Wink
But don't worry they are not lost but just "temporarily invisible" (a simple save&load or the next countryway exploring a new town usually removes the magic-caps).

Point 2:
Never watched a "frozen" (not moving any more, right?) ship in a seabattle and I have fought hundreds. But: "The first counterexample shows that the theory is wrong." Big Grin

Regards,
Cete
(21-07-2013, 01:54 AM)mcg7 Wrote: Bug 2?
Ships collisions during sea battles... (freezing ships). Has anyone seen this?

Yes - two ships collide and the AI continues to try to move them both in their original directions, most times the two ships will appear to stop for a "length" of time - sometimes several minutes before performing some impossible maneuver and continuing. So I guess by the law of probability, sometimes they won't move on.

Look at it as an opportuntity - attack and board them.
I tried this on the latest version and it worked fine - see the screenshot - I upgraded a Hulk to Stage one (14 Cannons) then added it to a Convoy - no problem. Then make it an escort ship.

[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/2271/25m.jpg]
I have a problem with trade routes, it is don't work like in Patrician 4 classical. I'll describe, what I mean. I want to buy 200 meat, price 350, my ship arrives to the city and buy maximum quantity goods at the time and trade route canceled (It takes the order 1 times). It is not correctly, my ship must stay and buy 200 meat even if him need the week for this trading. When the ship bought 200 meat, the trade route must be canceled, if it does not has the next item.

[Image: http://s6.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...308455.png]

[Image: http://s3.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...e5313d.png]

[Image: http://s6.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...574c62.png]

[Image: http://s6.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...1a45fc.png]

[Image: http://s3.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...3071c1.png]

[Image: http://s7.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/th...609723.png]
Sadly the game mechanics do not work that way - you can set a maximum amount to buy at a certain price. BUT not a minimum amount, which is what you are looking for - you want to buy a Minimum of 200 Meat at 350 gold. The game can't cater for that trade.
(09-03-2014, 11:57 AM)billyplod Wrote: Sadly the game mechanics do not work that way - you can set a maximum amount to buy at a certain price. BUT not a minimum amount, which is what you are looking for - you want to buy a Minimum of 200 Meat at 350 gold. The game can't cater for that trade.

Maybe you didn't understand all that I told. I want to buy 300 meat not exceeding 350 gold per barrel, BUT THE SHIP buys ONLY ONE TIME according to the rules and cancels trade route! Sometimes he buys 5, 10, 15 units of the commodity, it does not matter! He has to buy 300 units of goods (not once, but buying every day for a little bit), and only then cancel the trade route.That's how he worked in the trade route Patrician 4.

My fraps! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVAF691o6RI