Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty - Bug Reports Thread (Version 2.0.4 only!)
@error22
First thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the game again to see if the problem persists. (If you have a STEAM version then you can try "Verify Local Content" from your STEAM Library. - Right click game and select properties). If it's an optical install (DVD etc ..) there maybe a "repair" option from the install menu.

After you uninstall BUT before you reinstall, make sure that there are no entries in APPDATA - if you have temporary files then the reinstall files won't get written.
.......\AppData\Roaming\Kalypso Media\Pat*.
The Launcher.ini for the ADDon goes into the Patrician 4 folder.

If that doesn't work then you will need to do some further digging.
Open Control Panel, click System and Security, click Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.
In the left Pane Click WINDOWS LOGS - then Application - it may take a while to load all the info but find the entry for Patrician and click on the Details TAB. Open both the SYSTEM and Event data sections - then cut and paste that into a POST and send it to support@kalypsomedia.com.
(23-07-2014, 12:13 AM)billyplod Wrote: After you uninstall BUT before you reinstall, make sure that there are no entries in APPDATA - if you have temporary files then the reinstall files won't get written.
.......\AppData\Roaming\Kalypso Media\Pat*.
The Launcher.ini for the ADDon goes into the Patrician 4 folder.

This one worked! Thank you very much!
do you both have got the same and latest version?
version number is in main menu bottom right afair
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
@Bobbiy

Check your system is upto date:-
and meets the minimum requirements for the game. (Right Click - MY Computer and select properties)

Run Windows Update - and apply all the "High Priority" fixes
Run Windows Update - and apply any Optional Hardware fixes
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Check your PC manufacturer’s web site for firmware updates

If you are still getting problems or crashes - then post your DXDIAG here - in tags

#/# with any error message AND send it with a brief description to KALYPSO

support. Then you have 2 chances to get help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To Run DXDIAG
Click on START
Select RUN (This opens the RUN dialogue box)
TYPE - "dxdiag" - Click OK

This opens the DirectX diagnostic tool
Click on "Save All Information" - when the SAVE box opens save to a name.txt file
When you post the file use the Preview Post option and select "#" symbol - cut and paste the name.txt file after the "#"
then click on the "Close Tags" that appears at the top of Message window.

Did you get an error message or Debugger pop up? Post the screen shot.
Did it just Crash to Desktop (CTD)?
Is there an entry in your EVENT VIEWER either System or Application log?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You can also run SFC (System File Check) useful if you getting Microsoft error messages (for example about Direct X)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...x?mfr=true

In this case if you are both crashing while hosting - both of you should carry out the actions above.
Hello! Do you plan to release a patch after 2.0.4, or is it the last one? The game has a some nasty bugs and should be improved. At the moment, I am most concerned about right work of statistics. Now it is useless.
Navy skills doesn't work. I have 2 cryers 100% hitpoint. 1 of them have 5 navy cap. 2 of them - 1 navy. Together went from Edinburg to Novgorod they arriving together! Tested autotrade on same route - same bug. Speed is the same!
(19-09-2014, 11:41 AM)yaksamace Wrote: Hello! Do you plan to release a patch after 2.0.4, or is it the last one? The game has a some nasty bugs and should be improved. At the moment, I am most concerned about right work of statistics. Now it is useless.
Not totally correct but when you know what is good and what isn't it works reasonably

(19-09-2014, 03:27 PM)yaksamace Wrote: Navy skills doesn't work. I have 2 cryers 100% hitpoint. 1 of them have 5 navy cap. 2 of them - 1 navy. Together went from Edinburg to Novgorod they arriving together! Tested autotrade on same route - same bug. Speed is the same!

Navy skills do work -
2 Snaikka starting Brussells at 100% No crew, no cargo, no upgrades - single ship convoy. All these effect convoy speed.
Bronze Bite, Captain Navigation 5 arrives in Novograd 0.8 days ahead of Silver Boy Captain Navigation 1.
See screen shot - the ship information panel also displays the ship maximum speed. Underlined for Bronze Bite.

[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/2697/291m.jpg]
Quote:Navy skills do work
Yeah, I got it. Should to do save\load to applying effect after skill up (and some another, for ex. - beginning of building construction after incoming of missing resources on the market)

The stats is useless. After load any game the stats is missing: insufficient data! WTF?! Is it didn't saved? The stats does not show the real situation in the past. It's normal for BETA-version, not release.

So, I'm again ask you about patch. Do you plan to release a patch after 2.0.4, or is it the last one?
(21-09-2014, 12:18 AM)yaksamace Wrote: The stats is useless. After load any game the stats is missing: insufficient data! WTF?! Is it didn't saved? The stats does not show the real situation in the past. It's normal for BETA-version, not release.

The statistics screen is a bit confusing.

See screenshot - statistics of Convoys and Wagon Trains but the same explanation works for all the catagories.
The Y axis on the graph is the value or amount - the X axis is measuring the time - 12 months or playing time.
The lables at all the four corners show the "values of Y axis" (values of X axis)
The statistics are calculated on a monthly basis. So you just get the values at the start of your current game month. You will get the "Insuffient data" message until you have played for one month game time.

So in the example,
Postion 1 - Shows 1 Convoy at 1st April 1370.
Position 3 - Shows 32 Convoys at 1st Nov 1372
which is correct.

Postion 2 shows Value of Y axis (32) and Value of X axis (1st April 1370)
Postion 4 show Value of Y axis (1) and Value of X axis (1st Nov 1372)
which is correct as far as the labling goes but means nothing in game terms.

So on the stats screen always look at positions 1 & 3.

The "Balance" tab shows more up to date figures.

[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/2700/3m.jpg]
@wojsku
Two things - just to check you have the Main P4 game - RoaD is an expansion and needs the game to run.
If you have.
Have you tried running it in Compatibilty Mode for OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
When I provided Cologne (were I'm the mayor) with a patrol of two crayers they got paid 1400. But it costed 14000 to the town. Seems there's a zero too much somewhere.
Hi BareJag,

your revenue is shown per day the costs for the town per 10 days. Or did you check what the town pays per day by controlling the towns money?

Regards,
Cete
Just installed it on my laptop, after having played it on my desktop for hours and hours.

Everything works until I get to the town map. In that case, the entire map is blue, except for words indicating what is where (well, everything that's labelled in the game). I can click on the words and open up a tavern, for example, but I can't find my convoy except by random luck.

Any ideas?
do you use a NVidia grpahic card? disable 3D-function for this game within the driver (probably there is something similar for AMD)
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Probably it is using the onboard graphic "adapter" instead of your built-in graphic card. Make sure to set the option to prefer your built-in instead of the onboard chip.
How to:
Nvidia
Update the graphic card driver from the link below.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
Then change the settings as described below.
Please try the following:
1. Open your Nvidia Control Panel (right-click on desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel)
2. Select "Manage 3D settings"
3. Select "Global Settings". You will find the option "Prefered graphics processor". Please select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and save the settings.
4. You will have to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.

AMD
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Click on ‘Start’
Click on ‘Programs’
Click on ‘Catalyst Control Center’
Click on ‘Power’
Select ‘Switchable Graphics’
Select 'High Performance'

cheers

Unerde
(08-10-2015, 02:39 PM)Unerde Wrote: Probably it is using the onboard graphic "adapter" instead of your built-in graphic card. Make sure to set the option to prefer your built-in instead of the onboard chip.
How to:
Nvidia
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
Then change the settings as described below.
Please try the following:
1. Open your Nvidia Control Panel (right-click on desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel)
2. Select "Manage 3D settings"
3. Select "Global Settings". You will find the option "Prefered graphics processor". Please select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and save the settings.
4. You will have to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.

AMD
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Click on ‘Start’
Click on ‘Programs’
Click on ‘Catalyst Control Center’
Click on ‘Power’
Select ‘Switchable Graphics’
Select 'High Performance'

cheers

Unerde

I spoke with Kalypso support about this issue, and it turns out the game will not support onboard Intel graphics chips at all. So, that's that. I wouldn't have guessed it was so specific.

Thanks for the suggestion, everyone!
Hi,

I am experiencing a bug where the wagon convoy that I set out cannot be seen on the map and it cannot be moved to any town. Its as if it has disappeared but yet under the convoy tab, I can still select it, but it is forever stuck between Lubeck and Humburg.

Also, I have purchased of land up to 85% in the region. However, I have realized that the duke happiness is now dropping 2% per day and the offer to buy more land never comes up.
Hi spastado,

A ghost trek is a known but unsolved problem. A trek may become a ghost trek if you save the game while your trek is ambushed and indeed load this save later on. Not a solution but a workarund: try saving when no trek is currently ambushed to avoid ghost treks.

The happiness of a prince decreases faster when the population increases. Tipp: when a town is successfully besieged the happiness of the prince is reset to 80%. Try to keep a mission for this moment and with a bit luck you may be able to buy another 5%. Not really comfortable but possible. The happiness remains at 100% as soon as you own 100% of the country.

Regards,
Cete
(26-10-2015, 08:05 PM)Cete von Holstein Wrote: Hi spastado,

A ghost trek is a known but unsolved problem. A trek may become a ghost trek if you save the game while your trek is ambushed and indeed load this save later on. Not a solution but a workarund: try saving when no trek is currently ambushed to avoid ghost treks.

The happiness of a prince decreases faster when the population increases. Tipp: when a town is successfully besieged the happiness of the prince is reset to 80%. Try to keep a mission for this moment and with a bit luck you may be able to buy another 5%. Not really comfortable but possible. The happiness remains at 100% as soon as you own 100% of the country.

Regards,
Cete

Ah ok. Never knew about ghost trek. Thanks for letting me know.

Falling happiness isn't cool...... does that mean I got to break down the population of the region? My idea is to buy 100% so that I do not have to worry about land convoy being attacked.
Hi spastado,

decreasing the population should be the very last idea. If the happiness problem becomes a "mission impossible" you may use Modding to configure the prince missions.
Unfortunately owning a whole country only avoids to be besieged but does not stop the prince to attack your treks.

Regards,
Cete