Poll: Most annoying faction ( your opinion ) ?
Communist
Militarist
Loyalist
Religious
Capitalist
Environmentalist
Nationalist
Intellectuals
[Show Results]

Most annoying faction
kmarundel ( you forced me to start a sentence with small letter-thanks a lot Tongue ) isn't it funny how loyalists can run against you in election but they demand martial law. Also,golden statue is also very expensive. Can you remind me ? I think it costs 60000. Well religious faction wants a Jesus statue so I can't really say which one is more annoying ( voted for religious )
Che Guevara, I do it only to spite thee! Tongue Good point on the Loyalists...yet another irritant to add to their list of very irritating traits.

darius89, very good point! I don't consider it unrealistic, just a bit frustrating. Not that I'm advocating it be changed or anything. As far as pay, it depends on what I'm paying everyone else at the moment. At the very beginning I usually jack it up to 15 (regardless of whether it's normal training or special ops that I use), and set all other high school-educated workers at 12. Once I raise uneducated pay to 10 (I always do it across the board), I'll give the high school workers a pay of 15/month, and then raise soldiers' pay to 20/month. I leave college-educated at 20 unless I'm feeling generous, and then I'll pay them 25. I always pay my generals higher than other college-educated workers by 5, unless they start complaining too much and then I'll raise it higher.

I usually play the game with an eye to keeping the Commies on my side though, which is the only reason I do it like this in order to keep income disparity down.
Did you manage to get disparity to 0 ? I gave everyone same salaries. Try it.
Note to people who complain about communist demands: food,healthcare and housing are required by everyone and are necessary for life
(22-05-2011, 12:18 AM)Che Guevara Wrote: Note to people who complain about communist demands: food,healthcare and housing are required by everyone and are necessary for life

hehe.. I didn't argue that. I just stated the fact that they are a huge money sponge, housing in particular. And they can survive in shacks.. but then I'd have to give tax cuts on every election and commit fraud.

Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
They can survive in shacks but no one wants to.
(23-05-2011, 09:27 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: They can survive in shacks but no one wants to.

Therefore the housing isn't necessary for lifeTongue
Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
(24-05-2011, 05:27 AM)IronFist Wrote:
(23-05-2011, 09:27 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: They can survive in shacks but no one wants to.

I wonder has anyone ever tried to build an island with Zero housing other than shacks, and a military base?

Ive always wanted to give that a try..
(24-05-2011, 06:35 PM)Tropije Wrote:
(24-05-2011, 05:27 AM)IronFist Wrote:

I wonder has anyone ever tried to build an island with Zero housing other than shacks, and a military base?

Ive always wanted to give that a try..

I did that once intentionally to get the "Iron Fist" achievement.
Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
IronFist rules with iron fist...( shut up I know it sucks Tongue )
i dont know what that acheivment is.. please explain
(27-05-2011, 11:46 PM)Tropije Wrote: i dont know what that acheivment is.. please explain
Iron Fist: Suppress an uprising.
Viva El Presidente Smile
I think uprisings are rare-never got one
(28-05-2011, 11:07 AM)Che Guevara Wrote: I think uprisings are rare-never got one
I got one once, deliberately (not by cheat) for the achievement. Basically make everyone, apart from the army, homeless, poor and without medicine for decades.
Viva El Presidente Smile
(28-05-2011, 11:49 AM)darius89 Wrote:
(28-05-2011, 11:07 AM)Che Guevara Wrote: I think uprisings are rare-never got one
I got one once, deliberately (not by cheat) for the achievement. Basically make everyone, apart from the army, homeless, poor and without medicine for decades.

Not worth it. Im on PC so achievements mean nothing to me.
(28-05-2011, 12:16 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Not worth it. Im on PC so achievements mean nothing to me.
Same here,I am on PC and don`t care much about achievements, but I like being a bad guy and a tyrant sometimes,(benevolent democrat most of the time) and watching my glorious army and police slaughter those who oppose me MUWHAHAHAHAHA ! An achievement was just my excuse.
Viva El Presidente Smile
Let's get back to the topic. Capitalists would be second on my list because I always play as a communist leader and outlawing them ( or nationalists ) is just part of routine. I do it as soon as I make big and strong army- installed by KGB R2P really helps because I don't have to build high schools to have soldiers.
Bump

I thought religious nuts won but greenies also got 9 votes. We didn't find out which faction is most annoying- yet

if you like to polute, the eco's are by far the most annoying.. figured this out recently.. i guess now i dont see the religious as bad, all though they are just that,, annoying.,. the others are down right destructive. Tongue

intelcutuals also have a nasty trick up their sleves. I didnt have an election for a bunch of years, and was just trying to raise my score as high as possible. near the end of my campian, I got a school protest. noone would graduate till i rasied intelectual.. it was a really interesting wrench to throw at me. Lucky for me i was able to over come it fairly quick. I had to build a radio-free tropico staion, and set my TV to the liberty setting, and i did a couple other things.. i forget what. But it worked.
I am really eco friendly in this game so they are not a problem for me
The tree-huggers. Why would they blockade my mine just after I've built a third garbage dump to please them? Why do they bleat about high pollution when I've already issued both anti-pollution edicts and use only wind power?
(03-06-2011, 12:06 AM)Bushface Wrote: The tree-huggers. Why would they blockade my mine just after I've built a third garbage dump to please them? Why do they bleat about high pollution when I've already issued both anti-pollution edicts and use only wind power?

That's the question presidents have been asking for years. Wink
(03-06-2011, 06:51 AM)Che Guevara Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 12:06 AM)Bushface Wrote: The tree-huggers. Why would they blockade my mine just after I've built a third garbage dump to please them? Why do they bleat about high pollution when I've already issued both anti-pollution edicts and use only wind power?

That's the question presidents have been asking for years. Wink

yea, they can be a pain.. you really need to check the overview of polution. if you dont have green thumb things get much harder. Honestly green thumb makes this way to easy if ya ask me. instead of being 50%, it should be more like 25%.

are there any other ways to get ride of these protests, other than the super cheap, demo the building to end the protest?

I dunno, i tried arresting once, that didnt work, what about bribes? Or maybe just shooting protestors? or using secret police to off them? I havent done much with trying to get rid of them as i havent had it happen often.

though lately in trying to get highscore with mainly just trying to get as much money as possible, ive had these pesky buggers pop up
(03-06-2011, 07:37 AM)Tropije Wrote: are there any other ways to get ride of these protests, other than the super cheap, demo the building to end the protest?

I dunno, i tried arresting once, that didnt work, what about bribes? Or maybe just shooting protestors? or using secret police to off them? I havent done much with trying to get rid of them as i havent had it happen often.

though lately in trying to get highscore with mainly just trying to get as much money as possible, ive had these pesky buggers pop up

I send my glorious army in and have maybe 5 strong supporters shot,it would cost around $2500 so cheaper than rebuilding. With secret police I don`t want to spend $20000 on "accidents" as it would probably eat up any profit for years.Basically I try to avoid it (eco-protests),but when it happens,SQUAD, FIRE !

Viva El Presidente Smile
I always use green thumb quality. Im sort of green commie Cool
(03-06-2011, 07:48 AM)darius89 Wrote: I send my glorious army in and have maybe 5 strong supporters shot,it would cost around $2500 so cheaper than rebuilding. With secret police I don`t want to spend $20000 on "accidents" as it would probably eat up any profit for years.Basically I try to avoid it (eco-protests),but when it happens,SQUAD, FIRE !

my angelic side says.. thats not very nice..

my dictorial El presidente' side says.. I like your style.. here. have a cigar...Big Grin
Never had eco protests. What options do you have ? Bribe,shoot them...?
(05-06-2011, 12:52 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Never had eco protests. What options do you have ? Bribe,shoot them...?
You don`t get asked directly what you want to do.You could just wait for the political winds to change. You are just informed about them with your`e advisor recommending "good old fashioned Tropican repression". Then its up to El President, bribe,shoot, arrange accidents jail and declare heretics it up to the player. I personally ty avoid theme via edicts and garbage dumps everywhere but if and when they happen this El Presidente agrees with his advisor.
Viva El Presidente Smile
(05-06-2011, 12:56 PM)darius89 Wrote:
(05-06-2011, 12:52 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Never had eco protests. What options do you have ? Bribe,shoot them...?
You don`t get asked directly what you want to do.You could just wait for the political winds to change. You are just informed about them with your`e advisor recommending "good old fashioned Tropican repression". Then its up to El President, bribe,shoot, arrange accidents jail and declare heretics it up to the player. I personally ty avoid theme via edicts and garbage dumps everywhere but if and when they happen this El Presidente agrees with his advisor.

Thanks for that info. Do you get them if you have high pollution or too many mines/logging camps...or just if their respect for you hits rock bottom ?
(07-06-2011, 08:10 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Thanks for that info. Do you get them if you have high pollution or too many mines/logging camps...or just if their respect for you hits rock bottom ?
Glad to help ! It is sort of pollution etc; indirectly as,it lowers respect but like all faction disasters it is triggered when respect of a faction is at 0% for a period of time.
Viva El Presidente Smile