El Presidente Arrives on Xbox LIVE Games on Demand -Tropico 3 Now Available!
El Presidente Arrives on Xbox LIVE Games on Demand - Tropico 3 Now Available!

Kalypso’s humorous nation-building game now available on Xbox LIVE digital distribution service for $19.99 USD/£14.99 GBP

Ridgewood, NJ, June 28, 2011
Bracknell, UK, June 28, 2011

El Presidente and his subservient staff at Kalypso Media are pleased to announce that Tropico 3, the city-building/economic simulation game, is now available for purchase and download directly from Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network’s Games On Demand platform for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Tropico 3 puts players in the (jack)boots of El Presidente, the newly appointed leader of the sunny island nation of Tropico. It’s up to players to build the island’s economy, foreign relations and its citizenry…through either a kind and loving hand, or a brutally iron fist. Tropico 3 is available now for purchase at the fantastic price of just $19.99 USD/£14.99 GBP.

Developed by Haemimont Games, Tropico 3 brings the series back to its roots and puts players in the role of 'El Presidente', the two-bit dictator of a strategically positioned banana republic in the Caribbean during the time of the Cold War. Players assume control of every aspect of island life, deciding whether to unleash the army to secure their power base or lead their people to prosperity as a generous elder statesman. Will absolute power corrupt, or will the humanitarian approach spur progress

For more information, screenshots and videos please visit the official game website at http://www.worldoftropico.com.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
So what should we use it for? I actually liked this game, but the disc got scratched and does'nt work anymore. FINALLY you put it out on Xbx Live market, but WHY the God would you want us to buy your product when you dont even want to update and fix the obvious errors in the game, that makes it unplayable?

Go ahead and delete or ignore my post, it only makes me and rest of the 360 people (CUSTOMERS THAT PAY YOUR SALARY!) more angry!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
What are the obvious errors in the game that make it unplayable? Surely a game where you have lots of users complete it and unlock all 50 achievements should be perfectly playable, right?
(27-07-2011, 10:45 PM)Timo Wrote: What are the obvious errors in the game that make it unplayable? Surely a game where you have lots of users complete it and unlock all 50 achievements should be perfectly playable, right?

So because a lot of people complete play the mission part and unlock the achievements, it's playable enough for You?

Then what about the sandbox mode, where the game just can't save when the pop. gets too high? You should presume that most players want to play sandbox when they've finished their missions or just wants to build cities and do with them what they want, but does'nt it get a little difficult, when you suddenly can't save your game?

Maybe it sounds a little pathetic, but it's a real pain in the "place the sun doesnt shine", when you use hours on building your city and forgets to save it every 5. minute, and then suddenly can't save it and has to start all over.

It's a little problem for you developers since you apparantly earn enough money to don't care, but it's a little annoying for your customers.

And hey, just because you think your game has succes, it does'nt make the game free from errors that HAS to be updated!
(27-07-2011, 10:45 PM)Timo Wrote: What are the obvious errors in the game that make it unplayable? Surely a game where you have lots of users complete it and unlock all 50 achievements should be perfectly playable, right?

I saw the release and popped in my game disc in the hopes you guys would have patched the savegame bug. But no.

Completing the missions is only part of the fun, the most fun is pushing your country to the limits; try to build everything and still have a viable economy.

My girlfriend loves this game as well to my big surprise but is as much frustrated with the savegame bug not being fixed as any of the guys above me. She asks me every other two months or so if there is a fix out yet. Still.

If the bug is related to console related resources such as memory available and such then at least give us a work around option by giving us a selector that will hard limit the population limit to 450.

If it's impossible to fix, come out and say so, but please dont say the game is in a faultless state because people are able to get 50 achievements. F the achievements we want to have fun/enjoy playing the game and it doesnt let us.

Also realize that you may have a big PR nightmare on your hands with Tropico 4 reviews getting swamped by guys saying great game too bad they dont fix critical bugs, dont buy it for the xbox/ps3. If it's unfixable then come out and say so and provide us with a workaround fix like the afore mentoined pop hardlimiter. If it's fixed in the downloadable version I'll go as far as simply getting that but denying the existance of the biggest game breaking bug I've ever encountered on the xbox is just wierd and rude.

I dont want to sound negative but you guys really do ask for it sadly.

Edit: also do you guys realise that the rating is greatly suffering from this bug?
Here's a little funny story again..

I just got myself a new laptop, it's an Asus with following specs:

Intel i7-2630qm (sandy bridge) 2,0 Ghz (but runs op to 2,9 ghz when needed)
8 gb PC1333-ram
Geforce 540m with 2gb dedicated RAM

And for that i entered Amazon.com and bought Tropico 3 and Absolute Power exp.pack, cause i thought it would work. Here's the story:

Game runs smooth as silk, everything high, 1366x720px, until I get just about 1100 people living on my island - then it just spontaniously quits to Win7, with an "Tropico 3 stopped working", and then everything is just lost, no saved game, no backup save, no nothing.

As Melbourne wrote, it's just rude of you to ignore these issues, and it could easily be fixed while hardlimiting pop. if it's what causing the trouble.

I dont understand the argument "the missions and achievements are playable, so what's the problem?" the problem is, you guys built one hell of a game, it's really really fun to play, and very enjoyable even after a long time of playing. But the annoying crashes and the missing fixes creates a negative energy around the game.

And yes it is really really rude of you just to ignore those problems and then suddenly announce a new game, ignoring the old game that never was fixed.

If you fx. were a entrepreneur company, that built houses wrong and did'nt want to fix the problems, you would get sued, and this goes in every other branch.
The worst thing is if the pop bug returns in 4.
(04-08-2011, 11:16 PM)Agent Orange Wrote: The worst thing is if the pop bug returns in 4.

That's supposing the bug wasn't fixed after the demo was released.

The save game bug was not minor! hope you have taken the complaints seriously and fixed it for tropico 4.