Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
No one seems to understand that Pakistan is locked in a life and death struggle with India.

Meanwhile, the U.S. is great and good friends with India and gives them nuclear technology gifts. India smiles on the U.S. by allowing its education system and economy in general to be exploited by U.S. Corporations.

Back in Afganisan, the Indian government is using the war and supposed reconstruction aid to the poor, poor Afganistan people to create a military infiltration which creates a nearly complete surrounding of Pakistan.
In the Mid-East, the U.S. assumes the costume of the "honest-broker" to make peace between Israel and Palestine. But this honesty consists of cavorting in a non-stop love dance with Israel which is well represented in the U.S. Congress and has the best organized voter's block in the U.S. Concurrently, it continuously chastises all things and people connected with Palestine for not either making nice-nice with Israel or else not just vanishing in a puff of magic smoke to stop being so annoying.

Further east on the Indian Sub-Continent, the U.S. engages in a similar crazy, twisted relationship with India and Pakistan. While cavorting in a close and amorous non-stop love dance with India, the U.S. treats Pakistan as a low class prostitute who should greatfully bow in supplication for the money paid them and do just as our military commanders in Afganistan order them to do. We have diddled and fiddled in Afganistan for ten years. We have no more to show for that effort than the British and the Soviets who tried it before. But could it be that our military commanders are subtlety shifting their justly deserved blame for failure to the Pakistan nation?

Do you suppose in the Religious Wars of the 21st Century that the U.S. is really playing as good a game as the Roman Empire played when it had to deal with serious "faith based" conflicts? I think not.

The U.S. has to stop playing the role of Christian Missionary to the world by trying to implant its vision of a shining city on a hill on every square mile of the earth and all the people therein. Sending its military to conquer somewhere and then "reconstruct" it by trying to implant its form of local government on the conquered society is an unmitigated travesty of all that is known of "social behaviors." How long did it take England to recover from the Norman Conquest? And the Normans were there to stay.

Well, now the U.S. is broke but still has to close out one war while the other -- according to the generals -- needs to go on for 10 or 20 years more. Yet there are several places with generous supplies of "terrorists" which beckon with seductive charms for invasion and good Calvinest "faith based" corrective measures. I believe that I just heard that the U.S. deployed forces of "trainers and advisors" to three African Counties. They will not fire unless fired upon. Where have I heard that before?

War Making has become and remains the primary focus of the U.S. economy. The real solution to the unemployment problem is reactivation of conscription.
Conscription? That could very well mitigate welfare...

Isreal is eh. Some Zionist lobbies are paying good monies to ensure our continued intervention.

Afganistan is.. a clusterfudge. British couldn't put the country in order, Russians couldn't put the country in order, dadadada... reoccurring theme much? And I believe they were generally less amicable than we are in our means of attempting to put the country in order.

However, we are in a bit of a slippery slope right now. We could stay in the occupied nations playing world police, costing countless lives and dollars; or we could bounce, leaving them in anarchy... and in anarchy, the first joe able to pull together any sort of force rules.

However, I do find such military-industrial complex rants.. eh, well, I don't even know what to say. Fighting has become the last thing as a nation we do well. Our industry is dying, the biggest culprits environmentalism and outsourcing. Services only go so far, and the job quality from services tend to be rather low. I could be an engineer.. or a cashier at McDonalds! Our nations trade deficit is downright gross. So I figure weapons are a welcome source of jobs and revenue. Nothing better I can do.
Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
I don't see Pakistan as a threat to anybody, except India of course, those two are busy with themselves. Nevermind them having Bin Laden hanging around, but thats over now too, so who cares.
Indeed, We owned India for some time, (The British) until we gave it back to them, so really there is no problem, and yes who cares?

I think the price of unleaded and diesel is more important.

So far, Gasoline, or Unleaded petrol is £1.319 a litre and Diesel is £1.379 per litre. @12/AUG/2012

USA you may think you have it bad at 3 bucks a gallon, just wait! You have it very easy!
i guess this will always be a life struggle for these countries as they have so much problems even within their own countries that is why they are so vulnerable to a first world country like US. i guess its still a long shot to say that hopefully the turmoil ends but hopefully in time peace will prevail and that the welfare of the people will be the utmost priority for each country. it will take a lot of time but hopefully that time will come where greed and selfishness will be abolished.
I know this is an old thread but I have something to say here, so here it goes..

The US has sent 364 drone attacks on Pakistan the last eight years or so. 22 % of the killed was sivilians and 5 % children.
The Pakistani lives in fear for another drone attack, because they never know where it's going to hit.

Yes, USA is helping the Pakistani government defeating unwanted terrorist, but the Pakistani government
and even more the Pakistani people are starting to find US warfare intolerable.

If helping means killing large number of sivilians,
are you then helping? Especially when Pakistani people are turning anti-american and some actually joining
terror groups to fight for their family's life and welfare.

Pakistan is not a formidable opponent at all. It's a joke. The only reason to why there might be some disagreements
is because the Pakistani people are tired of living in fear and feels that the US are tramping on the states sovereignty.