Modding
ok, thank you for the fast answer.

Grt, Crius
For the circular production tree, I made it so I can buy tools from the Mediterranean over seas, so you can always kicks start the circle again. Do not know if the AI will do this though.

But probably is not a good idea as you stated.
Where are the files to mod the Steam downloaded version? I can't find them in the commonapps\Patrician 4 folder.
you have to create a ini directory and put the files in the zipfile from the first post in it
Any idea how to do that?
(28-10-2011, 11:11 PM)Fireoflife Wrote: Any idea how to do that?

Hi!
Read this:http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=9876&pid=96398#pid96398

Best regards, Daan
I extracted the files and created an ini folder, now what? On freeplay still only a maximum of 26 towns and minimum of 20?
now you have to edit the files
without editing the games shows the normal behaviour
to change the number of towns use the gameplay.ini and the section [NewGame] and read this thread
Thanks for the help Smile just one last question, how do I edit the number of mediteranean towns available?
Hmm, I'm not 100% sure this will work, but you can try to edit the 'expedition.ini' ...

Best regards, Daan
some people changed the amount of regions in the expedition files and reported 6 usable cities with bigger numbers there are some problems .. in my short test month ago it didnt work so my info is hearsay
Hello.

It would be nice if Patrician 4 was modified to allow modding for the initial version without the expansion pack. Maybe in version 1.4? It could be something as simple as the code for mods is not present, that is, nothing checks to see if there's an ini folder and ini files.

Also, I want to start out in a city that is not a Hanseatic city (actually I don't care if it is or isn't) but I want it to have a Minster, not a Church. How do I change the building type?

Thanks.
Hello.
How do I change which ship type I start out with?
Also I notice that there is something called a Ship07 in the mod files which appears to be extra. How do I make this ship usable in the game? It does not appear in my shipyards build list even if I set Initial=1.
Thanks.
buy the specialedition Sad
or now somebody with a special edition and let that person create a save for you
Hi guys,
i wanted to increase the production per town to 7-8 unit is this possible?

i read all of the above post but no one talk about that, i read also the comment in the .ini file that say is better to no change that value.

Ty
what is "production per town"?
the town itself does not produce anything
i mean

[Data]
towns = 40
production_per_town = 5 ; Wahrscheinlich nicht sinnvoll, diesen Wert zu ändern.

is possible to have a city with more of 5 goods ?
I've never tested it, but I'm pretty sure that it will cause problems to increase this value, because only 5 productions per town can be displayed by the GUI. Anyway, I'm really interested what happens in your tests. Please tell me your results Smile

Best regards,
Daan
it is not possible
so i've tested by changing that value but i never see bug or crash also in late game.
i tried the number beetween 0-5 and all ok. after 5 nothing at all.
but i saw a 6th place in the architect interface, so i think is may possible....

@falko is not possible because is an implementation limit? :O
i tried it ages ago and found no way to have more than 5 productions (0 productions in a town results in a town with a population of zero and no chance to increase it)
oh... ok Sad
not much to mod really.
you can mod alot (difficulty imho)
new production dependencies (up to 3 raw materials) (easy)
change pricesettings if making money in P4 is too simple.. (easy)
2 more new towns (easy)
new roads (medium)
change townlayouts (hard)
change building costs and goods (up to 4-5 goods per building)
more than 5 mediterranean sea towns with other goods (medium)
changing ship data (+switching of 3d models) (easy)
changing (some) treck data (easy)
copying/deleting missions (easy)
changing missions in some ways (want to switch mission conditions between "start famine" and "offer new town" ) (medium)
thats what i thought of now
so i would not say its "not much" .. but i missed stuff myself
i agree with falko, i was hoping to find some new stuff but is alredy a good mod =)
Yes. There are several mods here.

When you say you need to "reload" the game to have mods take effect, do you mean just start a new game, or do you mean re-install the game?

I have the downloaded (Steam) version of Rise of a Dynasty. I've tried to make some minor mods and the game is ignoring them, when I start a new game (I did not re-install).

I downloaded the ZIP file and placed all the extracted files in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Kalypso Media\Patrician IV\ini

(All the other game files are in the Patrician IV folder)

The only changes I made were to the "townlist" file, where I made some changes to the products produced in a few cities. The townlist file has a list of all the cities, with each city name followed by a series of five numbers that denote the products produced. All I did was change a few of those numbers. That is the only change I made to the file (w/ no changes to any other files).

I don't know if this will help, but I did have some issues with permissions. I wasn't allowed to modify the files in the directory above, so I had to modify the files in another folder (desktop) and then move them into the above folder/directory. Does that make a difference?

Jim
the directory seems correct but i am not sure i dont use a steamversion
there are 2 types of modding changes
some needs a restart of a game
mostly you only need you to restart the game (exit and start again)
(25-01-2012, 11:42 PM)Falko Wrote: the directory seems correct but i am not sure i dont use a steamversion
there are 2 types of modding changes
some needs a restart of a game
mostly you only need you to restart the game (exit and start again)

Typically STEAM installs most game files in the
....\Programfiles\Steam\Steamapps\Common\gamename

[/quote]
Typically STEAM installs most game files in the
....\Programfiles\Steam\Steamapps\Common\gamename
[/quote]

I copied the "ini" folder I created into the (Steamapps) directory you described, and it appears to be working! I was beginning to wonder if modding would work with the downloaded version.

Thank you!

Jim