Modding
Hello!

I was playing with the ini-files yesterday.

I tried to make the starting town size as low as reasonably possible. But I could not get it below 740 inhabitants by trying several TownsizeX=Y (Y=100 or 300 or 500). I read some people managed to start with 500 people on average. What do I overlook? If you start with 500 or 740 people might some unforseen (late) game problems show up?

Do I understand correctly that the AI only uses cannon balls and not eg chain? Not even in auto combat?

Am correct that the following makes sail damage speed decrease higher (in seabattle.ini)?

[SailDamage]
SpeedFactor_3 = 0.5 ; Geschwindigkeitsfaktor becomes eg
SpeedFactor_3 = 0.3

What exactly does?
DmgState_0 = 1 ; Zerstörungsstufe für Schadensanzeige

Are speedfactors multiplicative with each other (hull and sail)?

"If you start with 500 or 740 people might some unforseen (late) game problems show up?"
not that i am aware of

"Do I understand correctly that the AI only uses cannon balls and not eg chain? Not even in auto combat? "
correct

"Am correct that the following makes sail damage speed decrease higher (in seabattle.ini)?"
yes

"What exactly does? DmgState_0"
dont know my guess would be a definition when a secific "ship is burning" model is used

"Are speedfactors multiplicative with each other (hull and sail)?"
seems reasonable try it with
SpeedFactor_0 = 1.0
SpeedFactor_1 = 1.0
SpeedFactor_2 = 1.0
SpeedFactor_3 = 0.3
for both [HullDamage] and [SailDamage]
and you should see a big speed change after Condition_3 is reached
and if both Condition_3 are reached there should be another drop in speed
if you try it please post your results
Thank you very much for your quick reply Falko! Do you know why 740 inhabitants seems to be the minimum for me?

Given that they are named factors I would be very surprised if the speedfactors are not multiplicative with each other, but I have seen weirder things in my life. Wink

(07-03-2012, 02:20 PM)Crayer Wrote: Thank you very much for your quick reply Falko! Do you know why 740 inhabitants seems to be the minimum for me?

Given that they are named factors I would be very surprised if the speedfactors are not multiplicative with each other, but I have seen weirder things in my life. Wink
no idea is 740 the avarage for your cities?
try changing the production operhaps that has an influence
Yes indeed, the average is something like 740+. If it is possible to reach 500, I will try to play with the settings as soon as I can find time for it. Thanks!
Hello,
Lowering the cities starting at less than 18 I get the game, I start with fewer cities
Take a look at this: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...8#pid96398 Wink

Best regards,
Daan
Hi

Thanks for the info over the last few pages. Good to read when new to modding.

Quick question .. if i want to change it so the minimum value of sale is the same as the npcs (anything less and i consider it cheating), which of the values of the [Preisfaktoren] do i change ??

Thanks in advanceSmile
(26-06-2012, 11:07 AM)blazermick Wrote: Hi

Thanks for the info over the last few pages. Good to read when new to modding.

Quick question .. if i want to change it so the minimum value of sale is the same as the npcs (anything less and i consider it cheating), which of the values of the [Preisfaktoren] do i change ??

Thanks in advanceSmile

All good .. worked it out thru trial and error :-)

However i am having problems with the missions .. specifically the road builder missions. Are the missions listed at the head of this topic "road builder" missions ?

I ask because im trying to run a 40 city game but even with constant tributes and money and causing famines, i cannot get any roads built.
you need a reputation of at least 90% for this quest.
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Yeah the rep isnt a problem. Rep, $$, items is all good .. just the road builder missions aren't coming up. Owning the 5% for 30 million and even supplying, but i cannot get a "road builder".

So, the Mission ini's at the beginning .. are they road builder or simply new, mixed missions ?
in which region do you expect to get roadmissions?
Hi blazermick,

did you manipulate the missions.ini (deleted the LF07-mission by mistake perhaps) or the countryways in the townlist.ini?

Regards,
Cete
(05-07-2012, 06:48 PM)Cete von Holstein Wrote: Hi blazermick,

did you manipulate the missions.ini (deleted the LF07-mission by mistake perhaps) or the countryways in the townlist.ini?

Regards,
Cete

I haven't changed any of those files, only beefed up the start ship (use it to train up captains for Navy :p) and adjusted the town numbers (at start).

Originally, in Bremen, Hamburg etc i would get supply missions (road opening up) to the already purchased towns (eg warsaw, minden etc) but i noticed i havent had 1 yet and im a patrician of 49% (hansiatic rep) and 80+ in every town and 100% in my main 4 towns (Bremen, Hamburg, Rostock, Lubeck) .. heaps of $$$, ships and every thing. Just 2 inland towns and no way to service them .. or open them up as i cant get to them (and they were opened up normally, purchasing the lands etc).

I re downloaded the INI zip and deleted old folders etc and redid them, but no type in this game start either.

Just wondered if there were some in the missions listed at the beginning of 'modding' topic.

Thanks
what is your reputation with the prince?
Thanks for the quick reply :-)

I keep it almost at 100% give or take .. sometime it drops down to the mid 80's when i get those starve cities or lower something in another town .. but im only keeping it at 100% approx when im ready to open up inland routes etc.
(04-07-2012, 02:03 PM)blazermick Wrote: i cannot get any roads built.
strange
you know roads are available only in 4 regions and with addon?
Hi blazermick,
blazermick Wrote:...I ask because im trying to run a 40 city game ...
Does that mean that all 40 towns are available when you start the game, i.e. no need to found any single town on your own?
If this is true it may be your problem and it might be possible to solve it by adjusting the countryways in the townlist.ini.

Regards,
Cete
Ok i have messed around with it, and if i start the game with 32 towns (includes the founding towns) then approach each region as normal then the road missions appear and the game travels smoothly.

Thanks for the help and advice. I checked over it all and reloaded everything. If i start with the 40 towns on the map, thats when i dont get any town supply/ road builder missions.

Thanks for the help .. Appreciate it Smile
Good afternoon.
please tell me. City, population 40,000.
increase in workers at the plant = 16 people per day.
Plague is not, there is no fire, no siege. The church is not allowed to feed, just feed, you need to wait.

change in the parameters

[Abwanderung]
Arbeiter = 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f
Bettler = 0.1f, 0.22f, 0.35f
Pesttote = 0.5f, 1.0f, 1.5

does not help. What can I do?

PS reorganizing production in several cities, with a rate of replenishment of working, I will take two years.
Hi,

@blazermick:
In the default setting an inland-city appears when the first countryway to such a city is built. To say it the other way round: the ways are defind to generate the inland-towns. If you start with 40 cities the countryways cannot generate the inland-cities because they are already there and this may be the reason that the respective missions do not appear at the town gates at all.
Maybe it works if you redefine the countryways to not generate new towns. This is possible in the townlist.ini:
At the bottom you will find the definition of 26 countryways. Let us have a look at the second as an example:
countryway02 = 8, 33, 2, 2, 33, -1, -1, 1, 2
Meaning of the numbers:
1. Town A (8 = Bremen)
2. Town B (33 = Minden)
3. Region of town A (2 = Mecklenburg)
4. Region of town B (2 = Mecklenburg)
5. Generate Town (33 = Minden)
6. Required town 1 (-1 no town required to exist)
7. Required town 2 (-1 no town required to exist)
8. Street used by the treck on townmap town A
9. Street used by the treck on townmap town B
Now switch off the generation of Minden by changing the fifth parameter to -1:
countryway02 = 8, 33, 2, 2, -1, -1, -1, 1, 2
Switch all countryways to have the fifth parameter = -1 and it may be possible to get the countrways even if you start with 40 towns.
Don't forget to make a backup of the ini-file before you change it!
It's just a guess not knowledge, i.e. I haven't tested. Wink

@Mr_Fraer:
16 people per day at the plant means 64 beggars a day. That is the usual growth for a wealthy city of that size.
The German word [Abwanderung] means migration not immigration. As far as I know you cannot increase the usual immigration by Modding.
So the only (ingame) thing (except feeds in the church) you may do if not already done is to have one or more convois stashing people in advance. Don't sell your old (battle-) ships but collect them in one or a few convois. These convois may be used as a swimming warehouse as well as a storage for people if you collect people where ever you find them.
Anyway, when you get closer to a completed Hanse the speed of your growth will cause finding enough people to be a major problem even without restructering 400 plants.
Sorry, that I couldn't really help. Maybe someone else has additional tipps?

Regards,
Cete
good night.
@ Cete von Holstein. Thanks.

When i'm read that "means migration not immigration", I played a little and plague me more not so terrible)). Now I have a few cities from 55,000 to 65,000 population. But the princes were crazy. 2-3 regoine attacks per month. And a very rapid decline in reputation. To 2% per day. As a result, I can not save 90% of the purchase of land for the mission ((.

I tried to edit missions.ini. Found that

Name = LF09 - requires gold
Name = LF04 - requires the delivery of goods
Name = LF13 - requires slow Prosperity
Name = LF14 - requires a hunger

I tried to apply MissionSetup from LF09 to the construction of roads and purchase of land. If I am not mistaken is the mission of LF16 and LF15. After this mission appear remarks have no reputation requirement of 90%. But it is not working properly mission, requires an unknown commodity, it wants to offer in return the city after which the game falls.
Maybe who knows how to make
1) does not drop as fast reputation with the prince?

or

2) The LF09 and LF04 mission that would appear more often, I am ready to twice a day and give money and goods?

or

3) The requirement of 90% off at the prince's reputation?

on the second page it is discussed, but I did not understand how to do that would work.

p.s. With the steam release work very good, need to put the ini folder in Steam \ steamapps \ common \ patrician iv \
p.p.s. Forgive me for my English. Google Translator forever )
you could multiply the "gold"-mission
that way you can have more than one of these missions at the same time
[Image: http://patrizier-forum.de/index.php?page...mentID=832]
copy the LF09 mission 10 times and change the "09" part of the name into 17,18,19,...
and you should get a lot of gold missions after some time
Thank you. This is very interesting. I started experimenting.
Hi Mr_Fraer,

additional hints:
You may "avoid" missions by deleting them from the ini-file (sorry, you're surely aware).
DisplayDuration = Number of days a mission remains available
MissionDuration = Number of days until you have to fullfill the mission (starts on the day the mission appears!)
Increasing these parameters is "quite comfortable".Smile

Experiments? Great! Please, let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Cete
Good day.
I tried to do a few missions on the advice of Falko, that would appear more often. It works, the mission became more frequent, but after that it became impossible to turn in the statistics. When popyke look at the statistics, over the map, just crashes the game.
Meanwhile, the rate of fall is already reputation of 3% per day. It's obviously requires a patch and not changed))
In the end, put the setup on the mission, "let the goods" on a mission to "buy land" and the trade routes. With the mission of "land redemption" all is well, sells, though roads 130 million, but with the trade routes thrown, has requested an unknown commodity among which - the "unknown type of product." Replaced the setup on a mission from the money. With the earth and everything seems a mission on the trade routes have not yet met.
gaming minds first published an incomplete mission.txt that created crashes
are you sure you got the correct version?
Not sure, I copied the first page of text, created a "mission.ini" file and put into it. Immediately began to experiment. The archive with the other ini files, it was not. Specific references seem to be too. If you have a 100% correct please send mail to mrfraer@ya.ru
easy check is if the last mission is

[+Mission]
Name = TM00
Category = MCAT_TREASURE
Logic = MissionLogic_TM00
Setup = MissionSetup_TM00
Text = MissionText_TM00
DisplayDuration = 3650
MissionDuration = 3650
IdleTime = 1
MaxCount = 20
MinRank = 0

the incomplete file finished with another mission
Hi Mr_Fraer,

in the latest missions.ini I had problems with comment-lines (starting with a ";"). Although it is no problems in all other ini-files the missions.ini caused crashes after I inserted comment-lines.
So, in case that you did as well, remove comment-lines.

Regards,
Cete